• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

12,000 Mg/day gabapentin effect on liver function.

CBDL

Greenlighter
I take 12,000 mg of gabapentin a day (30 400mg) for chronic neck and back pain I use to take 2,400 mg/day in the states. I moved last year from the US and over here once you get the prescription you can stop in any pharmacy as many times as you like. (This is not true with my oxy where the prescription is taken every time until you get another one, I DO take this as prescribed because I've heard of horror stories of addictive to this med) On the net In their studies they found less than 1% of subjects that showed any signs of increased liver enzymes. Does anyone know more about gabapentin and liver function?

Gabapentin is not metabolized by the liver but being at a hyper therapeutic dose would make it more likely that you might fall into the 1 percent of the study. High doses can also cause tremors and a nasty withdrawal syndrome that is reported to be worse than opioid or even benzo w/d. Although the refills at will is nice if you can keep from going off the rails. http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/448441-Gabapentin-withdrawal-any-advice