• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

10mg oxy

Gotlegs

Greenlighter
So i got ahold of three 10mg Oxycontins time release.. the ones you can’t crush. I popped all 3 about an hour and a half ago and i don’t feel anything... can i expect to or what? And if so when???

Whats your history with opioids? If you are fairly naive, you should feel 30mg creeping up on you now or soon but it may not be that intense regardless.

I don’t do opiates at all.. was doing heroin for awhile but i haven’t done anything in about a month.

A month isnt probably enough to fully reset your tolerance if you were a frequent heroin user. I also tend to be of the opinion once you get the true opioid high, be it from dope or oxy or anything else, subsequent uses never live up to when you were new to them unless of course you push the dose, which I am not advocating.

I don’t have anymore even if i wanted to push. I’ve never done these time release bullshit things. I guess I’m not gonna feel anything :(

Yeah, probably not what you want anyway. Will keep withdrawal away and kill some pain but you most likely wont feel "high".

Right. I'm in agreement with KC5 as per usual. If we're attacking with Harm Reduction specifically in mind, than this is a fairly harmless situation. I understand that your tolerance is probably close to homeostatic at this point, but I think anyone who has been a truly heavy, dependent user of Opioids can express that they never truly return to zero. There is a physiological variable, in that your body has not had Opioids and is returning to a normal state, but there is a purely psychological component to what we are talking about.

Even if I had no tolerance whatsoever, I'm still not going to be able to get off on anything close to what I was using when I originally began using Opioids. So, I can only speak for myself regarding this fairly esoteric belief, but I can say that, if I were to use Opioids now, without tolerance, I would need more than a "standard dose". I have no hard evidence to cover this, but I can only imagine that introducing exogenous Opioids consistently and heavily probably causes some kind of semi-permanent or permanent change.