Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

10mg of zanax and dont feel anything

nile

Greenlighter
Got prescribed 2mg Xanax for anxiety, but wanna have "fun" on them as well...
I have now taken 10mg and dont feel anything, except from a little sleepy, not too much..
I almost feel a bit depressed..like waiting for sometning to happen.

I thought I could try another benso, and went to the doctor yesterday and she said she didnt wanna give me Valium and Clonezapam because they are stronger???!! Thats not true, is is?

So that to do?

I took some panadine extra as well with 15mg codeine inside... but dint feel high or euphoric like I want to feel...

benzos aren't exactly fun drugs, what you describe is how they feel. klonopin is same potency, valium is weaker.

15mg codeine is nothing. buy some weed.

10mg of xanax and feel nothing....

Got prescribed 2mg Xanax for anxiety, but wanna have "fun" on them as well...
I have now taken 10mg and dont feel anything, except from a little sleepy, not too much..
I almost feel a bit depressed..like waiting for sometning to happen.

I thought I could try another benso, and went to the doctor yesterday and she said she didnt wanna give me Valium and Clonezapam because they are stronger???!! Thats not true, is is?

So that to do?

I took some panadine extra as well with 15mg codeine inside... but dint feel high or euphoric like I want to feel...

What i against i said (also, rad track from Jedi Mind Tricks, teehee). Benzo's aren't that euphoric in most people, in my experience. Although I do enjoy a few valiums now and then.

Hmm.. 10mg of Xanax and I would be feeling good. Don't go overboard, I wouldn't take more if you are only prescribed 2mg. How long has it been? Sometimes they take longer to kick in. Could be possible it's because you are thinking too much about desired effects, try to focus on something else. Hopefully it atleast helped your anxiety though! I would kill to get a presciption for those.

Do you have a tolerance? Over what period of time did you take the xanax? 10mg with no to little tolerance could be trouble.

wtf? just replied to this. benzo's aren't exactly fun drugs, what you describe is how they feel. klonopin is same potency, valium is weaker.

15mg codeine is nothing, recreational dose for opiate naive person starts around 100mg. buy some weed.

Yeah, don't take any more benzos. 10mg Xanax (alprazolam) is a lot. Clonazepam is about as potent as alprazolam but is much longer-acting. Alprazolam is one of the shortest-acting benzos.

Don't waste your time with the codeine either. As i against i mentioned, 15mg of codeine will probably not absolutely nothing.

10mg would surely fuck most people up.

I have a built a slight tolerance unfortunately but even 1mg alprazolam will put me in a better mood at work. Depending on set and setting they can just make you feel a little tired and lethargic.

But yeah we need more info....

Nile, please be careful with alprazolam.

In my experience, trying to "have fun" on it is a path to trouble because it has a powerful effect which isn't necessarily obvious. It can appear to be doing not much from your perspective but will alter your judgement and may lead you to take more or take other things (as you've done already with the panadeine extra). It's easy to forget what/how much you've taken and get into trouble.

10mg alprazolam is a lot. I hope you're feeling OK now.

Good points in this thread. It's always tempting to take more because you don't feel 'fucked up' enough... but it can lead to bad situations. :\

I haven't had a xanax or any kind of benzo in over 2 years but...

when I was prescribed 150 X 2mg bars every month for about 6 months (50tab X 3 repeats every month) my tolerance got to over 24mg of xanax. No shit! It only took a couple of months to get to that as well. I was crazy and stupid and truly addicted.

I seem to build a tolerance to benzos very quickly, I remember 2mg becoming ineffective in a few days and the fucked thing about them is that it takes forever for your tolerance to drop even slightly, even when you go cold turkey. It's not like pot or opiates where you can have a few days off and reset your tolerance a bit. Benzo tolerance just keeps building despite the fact that I actually wasn't even using them every day, I would finish all my months worth in a couple weeks tops and often have a week or so break but this did absolutely nothing for my tolerance.

That was without a doubt the worst drug experience I have ever had. I switched to a strict diet of opiates and cannabis and went cold turkey. The withdrawals lasted over a year and were strange and dangerous. I felt that I was losing my mind a month or but the opiates were of great relief and I was actually able to work and study part time because of how well they worked.

Xanax can be such a terrible black hole to fall into, I really feel for those who are dependent on these things. Benzos are supposed to cause braindamage in a similar way to that of alcohol and I think they shred the gaba system in such a brutal way. I tend to think of them as being to toxic to use except for in the very short term.

Last edited:
First of, congratulations on being given the 2mg
dosage of xanax, that's the strongest dosage, and
most people(including myself) are put on 0.5 instead.

Infact my doctor had me on a poxy .025 for a month
or two until i told him it wasn't strong enough so now
he has me back on 0.5 again which is good. When i see
him again in 3 weeks though i'm gonna ask him to up my
dosage to 1mg as i don't think 0.5mg is enough for me.

I Doubt very much he'd put me on 2mg but he may well.

Now to you taking 10mg of xanax, stupid idea, i'm not surprised
you didn't feel anything, depending on your tolerance, my tolerance
for benzos is fucked at the moment, i need a high dose even to feel
light-headed. Xanax calms me down, makes me think clearer, and
simply removes the stresses of everyday life, it's like being in a clear
field of flowers surrounded by pretty girls in white dresses, with no anxiety. ;-)

I seem to build a tolerance to benzos very quickly, I remember 2mg becoming ineffective in a few days and the fucked thing about them is that it takes forever for your tolerance to drop even slightly, even when you go cold turkey. It's not like pot or opiates where you can have a few days off and reset your tolerance a bit. Benzo tolerance just keeps building despite the fact that I actually wasn't even using them every day, I would finish all my months worth in a couple weeks tops and often have a week or so break but this did absolutely nothing for my tolerance.

It seems common to be able to build a tolerance to them pretty quickly, when I went through a benzo problem last year I went up to around 16mg or so in two months... not that I remember much of that period unfortunately. :\

When I was taking heaps of benzos, I found that after the dose became substantially high - around 40mg diazepam or 10mg alprazolam - anything on top of that didn't have any effect. Any add-ons would keep not having effect until the point where I took too much and found myself in a retarded blackout.
So do be careful - if the benzos aren't "doing anything", you've probably taken too much and are getting close to the evil blackout state.

i against i makes a good point a few comments up - some weed on top of all that alprazolam will give you a nice high :)

when I was prescribed 150 X 2mg bars every month for about 6 months (50tab X 3 repeats every month) my tolerance got to over 24mg of xanax. No shit! It only took a couple of months to get to that as well. I was crazy and stupid and truly addicted.

This I just don't understand. How can a doctor perscribe such a large amount for such an extended period? What else could come of it other than tolerance and addiction?

I'm not surprised that you got such a high tolerance and were addicted. I'm just suprised that doctors perscribe benzos (especially short acting ones like Xanax) in large amounts with numerous repeats.

I think Xanax is more prone to abuse because of its short half-life. But then again, people usually abuse any of the ones you mentioned.

10 mgs? Either you're getting a tolerance or you're fucked up as hell, don't know what benzos usually feel like, and won't remember posting this thread. In which case, I just wasted 2 minutes of my life replying to a thread you'll never know you posted. Thanks asshole.

That's not necessarily true lol...I've taken 14mgs at once and not felt a thing and remembered ALL of it because my benzo tolerance was so high...I haven't taken any benzos in a while because I'm trying to stay off anything but my meds so I can hopefully get better meds for pain as I'm constantly sitting at about a 6 (on the generic pain scale of 0-10)...anyways...it used to take 100mg of vallium for me to feel any shred of recreational effects...

That's typical alprazolam for you. I have the same issue. I get them prescribed 1 mg 3x/day, so now I just use them the way I'm supposed to because they have very little, if at all, recreational value. When I want a good benzo buzz I seek out the hypnotics, mainly temazepam or triazolam. But when I get a chance to go to Windsor, ON or my friend from Windsor gets to come to Detroit, I usually buy his entire 60 tabs of nitrazepam 10 mg script from him.

Otherwise, if not temazepam, triazolam, or nitrazepam then I go for diazepam or estazolam. Estazolam isn't all that great and it takes a while for it to kick in, but it sure as hell beats alprazolam.