• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

1000+ day rc benzo habit, fast taper advice.

Loquacious

Bluelighter
Dear BL,

I have been on every RC benzo since January 2020. Flu-alprazolam was the love of my life.
I only ran out this summer. I’ve been supplementing w bromazolam but it feels so disgustingly dirty and weak in all the wrong ways. 0.25mg flualp had me good vs 3mg bromaz or 3mg pyrazolam.

I ended up dropping the bromaz completely and using pyrazolam 3mg pellets 2x1.5mg/day.

I can go like 3 days without anything before it gets fucky and almost delirious.

I have access to all currently available rc benzos and wondered what you guys would recommend in my shituation.

I already quit my heavy stim habit (dexamp plus all the rc stims) and just drink caffeine now (4 cold espresso’s dont do shit)

My life consists out of anhedonia, oversleeping and missed chances. I need to be 100% there again so I loathe taking more benzos. I feel chained.

General thoughts?
Recommendations?

I am about to order another small pack, i hope to make it one of my last orders.

I was thinking about ordering the gidazepam analogue, f-pam or more pyraz seeing how pyraz comes closest to flualp without being muddy like bromazolam.

My #1 plan is a pyraz taper but dosing it volumetric 1mg/ml and just going 1mg/day for 2 weeks, 0.5 for 1 and 0.25 for another.
Then jump off no matter the pre-seizure symptoms.

Im so done w this shit, im a walking calculator but this shit makes me struggle w simple calculations.

Thank you for reading:)

Harm reduction and advice has to be earned i guess.

Got some fpam, can’t risk seizures. I have an old taper schedule i might do just 2w before the jump off/end of the taper at reduced doses.

Probably dump 7.5x8mg pill in 30ml of vg/vodka and just do a single pm 2mg dose.

Idk tbh, past 6w, 2w fpam, 2w bromaz, 2 w pyraz, this week I only dosed monday and probably stupidly today.

Don’t really want to grand mal solo

My #1 plan is a pyraz taper but dosing it volumetric 1mg/ml and just going 1mg/day for 2 weeks, 0.5 for 1 and 0.25 for another.
Then jump off no matter the pre-seizure symptoms
Hi.
Any headway in lowering dose and/or "missing" a dosing is a step forward to the goal you seem to have.
My only suggestion is to take it slow with the taper. That's ~four years of daily usage of benzos if I read correctly.
For the "jump" I would consider a gabapentinoid such as gabapentin, pregabalin, baclofen or the like for a short while (seizure and possibly help in rest/sleep) and only as needed.
I agree that the brmzlm can create quite a murky mess at moderate dosages... had me so far in a hole that I felt there was no way out.
There is always a way out. Takes a lot of self control (not that I have any - maybe some) and determination to get off benzos I have been there and succeeded in no use for over a year (latest) and have experienced the hells of forced withdrawals a couple times. Back on it now but low dose and for reasons other than anxiety or recreation.
Any possibility of seeing a medical professional in your undertaking?
Best to you on this.
J

Honestly the only way I was able to quit benzos the numerous times I've had to was through a detox with Librium. I came off a large daily dosage of bromazolam and alcohol 3 months ago. Didn't think I ever could. I personally just lacked the self control to manually lower the dosage myself. IDK there's something called the Ashton Method you could look into. I don't know shit about it honestly but it's usually the first thing suggested to people trying to quit benzos. I personally couldn't do it without help. Wishing you the best 🙏

But if you're trying to taper by yourself, the obvious is true. Just use the longest acting benzo you can get to make tapering a lot easier. And having a plethora of benzos on hand is likely NOT going to help you in your pursuit. Pick one that's longest lasting, and toss or sell the rest of your shit if you're serious about it and quit collecting random benzos. That would be my advice if you really want to be done with benzos for good.

Thank you guys so much for the responses. I really really appreciate it <3

In the mean time I’ve switched over to flubromazePAM. Took like 8mg every other day and feel like I’m ready to go to 4mg.
I feel stabilised so i guess it’s better to keep dropping.

I might have a job lined up that required me to be extroverted which is always a good way to get out of hermit mode.

I am wondering if 2mg daily or 4mg every other day would be better. Maybe a week of 4/2/4/2/4/2/4 and then two weeks of 2-2-2-2-2-2
Another week of 2-1-2-1-2-1-2 and ending it with 1mg fPam which is roughly equivalent to 2.5mg diaz iirc.

@Lil'LinaptkSix i can secure some lyrica for the week after the last dose, any dosing advice? I get the 150mgs. Taking it slow is the healthiest way but fuck me I need my brain back, which still is too suppressed at 8mg fpam.
Btw im sleeping fine, which is odd. Waking up is a struggle most days tbh.

@deficiT yeah I refrained from buying the flunitrazolam and kpin analogues. A year ago i went through 150 flunitrazolam pellets in record time, that stuff is literally the fent of benzos potency-wise, tolly skyrockets in days.

I have no other benzos besides the ones for tapering. I don’t want anything besides fpam or pyraz around. But im sticking with fpam for now.

I might stock up on the fpam but give all the surplus (fpam) to my sister to hold on to.
Ill probably prepare solutions for all steps of the taper tomorrow.

This will be the last time of trying it on my own, I’ll have to fuck up my spotless medical record plus addy RX if this doesn’t work out. (Not taking the stims regularly atm)

—-
Goddamn it i received my fpam pack today, took a pellet, then lost the baggy in the fucking supermarket most likely, already cleaned my place and didn’t find shit.
At least it was labeled…

Good l
Thank you guys so much for the responses. I really really appreciate it <3

In the mean time I’ve switched over to flubromazePAM. Took like 8mg every other day and feel like I’m ready to go to 4mg.
I feel stabilised so i guess it’s better to keep dropping.

I might have a job lined up that required me to be extroverted which is always a good way to get out of hermit mode.

I am wondering if 2mg daily or 4mg every other day would be better. Maybe a week of 4/2/4/2/4/2/4 and then two weeks of 2-2-2-2-2-2
Another week of 2-1-2-1-2-1-2 and ending it with 1mg fPam which is roughly equivalent to 2.5mg diaz iirc.

@Lil'LinaptkSix i can secure some lyrica for the week after the last dose, any dosing advice? I get the 150mgs. Taking it slow is the healthiest way but fuck me I need my brain back, which still is too suppressed at 8mg fpam.
Btw im sleeping fine, which is odd. Waking up is a struggle most days tbh.

@deficiT yeah I refrained from buying the flunitrazolam and kpin analogues. A year ago i went through 150 flunitrazolam pellets in record time, that stuff is literally the fent of benzos potency-wise, tolly skyrockets in days.

I have no other benzos besides the ones for tapering. I don’t want anything besides fpam or pyraz around. But im sticking with fpam for now.

I might stock up on the fpam but give all the surplus (fpam) to my sister to hold on to.
Ill probably prepare solutions for all steps of the taper tomorrow.

This will be the last time of trying it on my own, I’ll have to fuck up my spotless medical record plus addy RX if this doesn’t work out. (Not taking the stims regularly atm)

—-
Goddamn it i received my fpam pack today, took a pellet, then lost the baggy in the fucking supermarket most likely, already cleaned my place and didn’t find shit.
At least it was labeled…
I understand where you are coming from about not wanting any medical records of needing help (ugh), and it's good that you are thinking about how to go about a taper on your own by using the longer lasting benzos. However, you don't want to overlook just how hard it is to do on your own and how dangerous it can be. Also, some regimens of kicking can actually prolong the withdrawal into a really terribly long drawn out affair. It's your life and your health that you are taking care of here so please be open to outside help. But I'm not saying anything you don't know or that someone else here hasn't already suggested, though looking over the threads, you can see that people here have had a lot of widely varying experiences with getting off benzos.
In any case, keep us posted. You can always get support, and by describing your experience you can help others <3

Thanks man, I have basically being trying to get off them for years but tbh i only started to take it serious when I ran out of my infinite flualp stash and couldnt function on even 10mg diclaz.
My tolerance kept yoyoing because every time i went back to bromazolam due to external reasons i ended up eating 3x3mg pellets without thinking about it and feel muddy all the time.

The week i posted this thread i took a tiny dose of pyraz in almost 4/5 days. My mood was the best of the year with minimal sleep issues the first days.

That’s the main reason im sort of rushing this, the benzo fatigue and slow brain was/is causing severe anhedonia and supercharging my depression.

I might stay a bit longer on the 2mg/day, but I’m a bit worried of daily dosing and the substance building up in my system.

Im also wondering how much wd symptoms will be there when jumping off after an extremely smooth taper till like 1mg diaz equivalent, how noticeable would the wd even be.

I found my pellets btw

I've also been detoxing off bromazolam and Fent dope, had to go to the emergency room last Tuesday and only got sent home with 3 1mg Ativan to attempt to taper, my counselor told me to go back to the ER because I'm at risk for a seizure and found out I have to avoid stimulants completely and honestly bromazolam liquid isn't a game shit made me tell on myself cause I thought I was going to actually die I couldn't feel my arms or legs for days even after the ER gave me 4mg of Ativan and a valium before I would stop jerking, my body's getting too old for this shit I'm only 27 and feel like my body is over this it's definitely more intense for me then coming off alprazolam when I was younger, the bromaz is too much for me it's liquid amnesia, every time I get a bottle I always end up losing it and feel the rebound effects are ridiculous when I lose it for a few days to weeks, I'm thinking about buying pyrazolam to taper because I don't blackout and the triazo benzo with a longer half seemed lackluster when I first tried it but I'm over my life being a complete mess and just want out of this, I'm on Suboxone but my doctor's actually being understanding about the situation after I told her but I don't want to keep going to the ER

Update: tapered with bromonordiazepam untill 2.5mg/day (aka 1 pellet) and jumped off 4/5 days ago. Feeling good at the moment, but not sure if wd still has to start seeing the estimated half life of bromonordiazepam.

I feel this is the perfect benzo to forget how benzos feel, it basically just keeps you out of wd. Dosing multiple pellets doesnt give a super pleasant feeling, it just causes forgetfulness.

Great substance, everyone dependent should grab themselves a bromonordiazepam taper kit.

if i stay free from further withdrawals i can honestly say this taper was painless.
Havent had any muscle issues, sleep issues, anxiety issues yet.

I sadly do have an urge to drink and smoke weed but i guess that’s just my brain being completely sober for once

Can you be sure of its purity?

Sounds like though you were on them for several years, your doses weren't too out of wack, but I may have read it wrong.

Four days of bromazepam and it's technically out of your body, based on averages.

Congrats for quiting the stimulants! Those can make people go downhill way fast.