• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

100% Organic Meth

Why wouldn’t the plant derived ephedrine be pure after several stages of low temperature mechsnical filtration and a final solvent extraction?

Once you’ve got that ephedrine all the other steps to produce crystal would be the same wouldn’t they).

If you’ve got a clean solution then the usual step of passing hydrogen chloride gas through it as the penultimate step will produce Meth HCL which easily forms crystals
All i'm saying is, if the black market drug manufacturers can skip a step to speed up production of a "good enough" product, they probably will.

There's also the argument that a purer and more potent product is easier to ship, but unless you're getting the drug very close to the source then it will 999 times of 1000 be stepped on

But red phosphorous can be distilled from stale urine, correct?

Here again, just asking.

@Skorpio you know this shit like the back of your hand, right?
Every chemical we have, comes from the earth, where else would we get it? If thats your definition of organic, all meth is organic.

I once read that there's a certain strain of acacia tree that has bark with small traces of methamphetamine in it. Vachellia Rigidula.

But red phosphorous can be distilled from stale urine, correct?

Here again, just asking.

@Skorpio you know this shit like the back of your hand, right?
I'm not the biggest chemist, urine has phosphates in it (phosphorus with 4 oxygens), but not sure what transformations need to be done to get red phosphorus.

Also all of the solvents needed to carry out the reaction would be coming from petrochemical sources (though I guess they are "organic solvents," though that's got a whole different meaning).

It is interesting to consider meth made from crude ephedra extract, seems analogous to black tar H.