• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

10 Years for 24 hits

^^i think it's just that lsd arrests are not as heard of as many other drugs, and it makes educated people upset because these minimums were put in place by people who think lsd is capable of permanently making someone think they are a glass of orange juice.

i think a lot of the anti-drug law rants on bluelight don't specifically attack the news thread they are in, but the entire issue with prohibition.

you are right of course; just trying to explain that i believe most everyone is not ignorant to the laws.

Disgusting
8.gif

I agree that it's hypocracy to give him such a harsh sentence when there are people getting off lighter for violent crimes or whatever. I particularly find it disturbing when one could until last summer actually purchase psychedelic mushrooms in open stalls here in London which could be just as powerful on the mind as LSD. The governments have their priorities completely wrong.

at night, i have dreams of undercover cops having their eye sockets sodomized by razors dripping sulfuric acid

of course they do but if you have the balls to break the law you should have the balls to suck it up and sit in a jail cell.

you live in a country, you follow the country's rules. while i feel the sentence is extremely harsh, thats how it is. deal with it or move somewhere else !

abrad84 said:
Teen admits dealing LSD
April 6, 2006 - njherald.com

NEWTON — A Vernon teenager will face 10 years in state prison next month after pleading guilty Monday to dealing a large amount of the hallucinogen LSD to an undercover narcotics officer last year.

"It was 24 hits cut into 30 hits," the defendant replied.

That would have been Friday and Saturday night for me in high school.

LOL @ large amount of LSD.

fozzy nutz said:
i just had a friend get 10 years for 25 pills

You know, it's really funny how things work out where people with small amounts almost always get more time than major distributors.

I had a friend who got caught with (well, someone wore a wire then he got raided) something near 1,300 pills and over $15,000 in cash AND he also ended up pleading guilty to the distribution of 40,000 pills over a 10 month peirod (turned out he was being investigated for about a year). He got an 8 year sentence and only served around 6 years.

kittyinthedark said:
PEDOPHILES GET LESS JAIL TIME!!!!! RAPISTS GET LESS JAIL TIME!!!!! MURDERERS GET LESS JAIL TIME!!!!! And now they've destroyed this kid's life. :X

^^^So true .........US drug laws disgust me:X :X :X

^^yea kitty...and..

Wanna know the most fucked up part of this.....

I know both of those kids. Lil Scree and Randu. Its fucked up enough that they goin away, then imagine if these kids were your peoples.

The person they sold the shit to was a crackhead who had a assault charge and started narcing in exchange for not goin to jail. The 2 of them (scree and randy) went down to one of those hippie festival things in Florida and brough back a few sheets to hang onto, maybe sell a couple to the peeps in town. The narc was named Mongo, he pretended to be a old hippie and shit and basically coerced them into selling to him. he would call them like every fuckin day blowin up they phones until they sold to him.

Its fucked up, these are good peoples and now they goin away. They both got 2.5-3 year parole ineligibility, so neither one of em is gonna serve a full 10 years if they be good in there, and they aint goin to a max. security place they goin to the nonviolent state pen in the area. but still. it aint right.

Scree is a hemophiliac too, hes gonna be fucked when he goes to jail. it never stopped him before , he did all types of crazy shit and didnt worry abot gettin hurt even doe technicaly hemo's are supposed to stay real safe cuz even a small bruise can be dangerous but he never cared. he would fight muthafuckas, kick ass, talk shit, we got in trouble once at my 18th bday party cuz he punched in a window at the telly we were stayin at and we all had to bail before the po po showed up. shit like that. But he hurt himself real bad not too long ago and thats why he was on crutches in court. they said his leg prolly aint ever gonna heal. and they still sendin him in there instead of a house arrest program or a hospital instead.

This shits fuckin wrong. theres so many other scumbag ass people who they could lock up and they just happened to pinch 2 of the most fun loving straight-up do-no-harm-unless-you-gotta good peoples in the area for this shit when theres so many other skanky skeezy low-down ass muthafuckas runnin around narc'ing.

This shits fuckin mad real....yall reading this like thats wrong.....these kids are my peeps its real real wrong to me

jimmyHIP said:
of course they do but if you have the balls to break the law you should have the balls to suck it up and sit in a jail cell.

you live in a country, you follow the country's rules. while i feel the sentence is extremely harsh, thats how it is. deal with it or move somewhere else !

ok where exactly should people move to? EVERY fucking where would incure a penalty for this sorta "crime"

jimmyHIP said:

Yea buddy, im sure you would be saying the same thing if it was a family member or close friend right?

Talk all you want you can never say for sure until you been there.

not too many muthafuckas go on the stand, smile, and say "I did the crime, Ill do the time, with a smile on my face, cuz i deserve it."

Just because its a law dont make it right home boy.

The only kind of people who should do that much time or more are violent criminals.

jimmyHIP said:
if you have the balls to break the law you should have the balls to suck it up and sit in a jail cell.

That is quite simply not true.

This is why they should take out a few hundred bolts on the gigantic metallic thread of drug laws. I really think they should've made him pay the money he made from dealing it. :I

Cyrus said:
I really think they should've made him pay the money he made from dealing it. :I

Oh trust me, im sure the cops retained the money too as "evidence" :p

While you should always be aware of the consequenes of doing drugs, this is a little extreme. Its sad thinking this child's (yes, I am calling him a child) life is essentially over. Coming out of jail in your late 20s with an LSD charge on your record is not going to bring you many job offers Id imagine

jimmyHIP said:

i agree with you. that's not to say that i wouldn't try to get out of it to the best of my ability, but if you're going to knowingly break the law you have to be prepared to deal with the consequences of your actions within the laws that you are under; whether or not you agree with the legislation.

^^You could apply that logic to any bad thing that befalls anyone due to any action of their own.

Someone gets cancer? Well....shouldnt have smoked all those years buddy. No sympathy...you knew what you were gettin into.

Someone got AIDS? Shoulda wrapped it up homie! Tough luck!

Someone finds out they got diabetes, and takes out a loan because they cant afford all their medical treatment and new bills and supplies and shit, and theyre chin-deep in debt ready to drown in it? Shit, you shoulda went to college so you would have better benefits at your job now and would be able to pay for your own treatment.

All of this shit relates to the outcome but you cant shrug the shit off as "too bad, oh well, they got their time gotta do it."

When you face that time in the pen, say the same thing, til then dont judge.

I happen to know as a fact that no way these kids ever woulda been busted if it wasnt for that fuckin narc piece of shit who set them up. neither of them wanted to sell to him but shit happened now they deal with the results. but it dont make it all fair in the end.

I doubt you could find any person 19 years of age who thinks thru everything they do and every move they make with the clarity of mind to see all the possible consequences and choose their actions according to that. thats one young life thats fuckin cut off at the roots now.

lacey k said:
^^You could apply that logic to any bad thing that befalls anyone due to any action of their own.

Someone gets cancer? Well....shouldnt have smoked all those years buddy. No sympathy...you knew what you were gettin into.

Someone got AIDS? Shoulda wrapped it up homie! Tough luck!

Exactly. Tough luck. There are just some things you can't take back. You can either spend your life living in denial or accept and live with the consequences of your mistakes.at your job now and would be able to pay for your own treatment.

Someone finds out they got diabetes, and takes out a loan because they cant afford all their medical treatment and new bills and supplies and shit, and theyre chin-deep in debt ready to drown in it? Shit, you shoulda went to college so you would have better benefits

Yes, any responsible individual should have the foresight to know that they will likely need good medical benefits at some point in their life.

Much like any responsible individual should realize that instead of buying a new DVD every weekend that they should instead put that money away in a 401K plan.

All of this shit relates to the outcome but you cant shrug the shit off as "too bad, oh well, they got their time gotta do it."

When you face that time in the pen, say the same thing, til then dont judge.

They have to do the time. What else are they going to do? It's not as if they have any other options.

It's really a shame. The laws should be changed.

Hopefully others thinking about selling LSD will consider this case and make better decisions until the laws are changed if they cannot accept such a sentence.

I happen to know as a fact that no way these kids ever woulda been busted if it wasnt for that fuckin narc piece of shit who set them up.

When you sell drugs, it's like rolling a dice every time. If it wasn't the narc, it could have been something else that ended up with them getting arrested.

The narc didn't just pick them out of the blue. They had already done something to warrant an investigation.

neither of them wanted to sell to him but shit happened now they deal with the results.

If they didn't want to sell, they shouldn't have sold.

Had this guy not been a narc, he still would have been acting completely unprofessionally and been the kind of person that invited trouble. You're a fool if you deal with unstable people who would hound you for drugs. If you are going to deal drugs, you should only deal with people who are responsible and have their lives more or less together. If you're dealing with someone who you would easily point out as a drug user if you saw them walking down the street or someone who is unstable, you're a lot more likely to get caught in the end.

Sure, you're losing out of some money by being selective about your customers. But money isn't worth a damn when you're behind bars. I have tried explaining this to a handful of friends who would all later end up being arrested on drug charges. They got greedy and thus they got caught.

but it dont make it all fair in the end.

I definitely agree with you on that. There's nothing fair about a 10 year sentence for commiting a consensual crime (i.e. selling a willing customer a non-addictive drug).

I doubt you could find any person 19 years of age who thinks thru everything they do and every move they make with the clarity of mind to see all the possible consequences and choose their actions according to that.

I believe there are a lot of 19 year olds that aren't addled by drug use who think things through or have enough sense to realize the potential consequences are not worth certain actions.

I was not one of those people and ended up in jail when I was 18. I was being irresponsible with my drug use and not thinking clearly.

thats one young life thats fuckin cut off at the roots now.

Yep. I definitely feel bad for your friends.