• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

10 Newbie Smoker Questions!!!

PepperJ

Greenlighter
Hey guys! I've been smoking almost every day since late last year and have enjoyed every minute of it! =D
I've had a few questions ever since I started smoking daily that I've been wondering for awhile. I feel like a lot of the people I hang out with that smoke give me mixed answers on these, so I thought I'd ask here. Please answer even just one if you have the chance!

1) If you smoke a little bit but don't get high, will it make a smoke session later in the day not as good or is there no difference to you?

2) When it comes to tolerence breaks, does even skipping a day make a difference?

3) Ignoring your own prefrence, does smoking in the cold vs the hot make any scientifically proven differences?
(weird question, but I've always wondered :p)

4) I take Vyvanse at 60mg a day and feel as if my highs are too sedative when I miss a day on my meds. Do stimulates generally cancel out/ruin smoking marijuana?

5) How to stop the munchies!!! :( any suggestions would help. I love the munchies to death half the time, and the other half I eat so much while high I think I'm going to die.

6) Swallowing while smoking? Whenever I smoke, I always swallow by accident. Does swallowing while there's smoke in your mouth make you sick? Does it make you higher?

7) Does packing bigger bowls get you higher, waste marijuana, or neither?

8 )Tolerance breaks are impossible to take! I hate even going a day without getting high ( basically how to deal with fiending :/ ) what are some suggestions in flushing my system of THC a bit faster? I found cranberry juice works well but I'd rather hear more suggestions or reccomendations!

9) Indica vs Sativa as far as anxiety/paranoia? Does a Sativa vs Indica (vs hybrid :p) produce on average more anxiety/paranoia? I suffer from Bi-polar disorder with severe anxiety/depression and finding a strain that gives me a nice, relaxing happy mood /and/ a good high without anxiety is always a plus. I have found that Indica's that give good body highs and Sativa's with very long lasting euphoric rushes/emotions tend to be the best for my anxiety, so if you could suggest any particular strains for me that would be very much appreciated!

10) What's some advice you would give to a newbie that you wished someone told you when you started?

if you managed to read and answer all of these, I thank you for your time :) Happy smoking to all!

1) If you smoke a little bit but don't get high, will it make a smoke session later in the day not as good or is there no difference to you?
Tolerance builds pretty quickly during the day. This is the same for all drugs. You'd never get as high as you did the first time of the day. Unless you smoke a J then smoke a bong or vape later. That way there's way more THC to get high on.

2) When it comes to tolerence breaks, does even skipping a day make a difference?]
Yes. Best thing to do with any drug is keep them for the weekend as this maximizes its magic

3) Ignoring your own prefrence, does smoking in the cold vs the hot make any scientifically proven differences?
No scientific evidence but I live in the Tropics and I could tell you that weed + hot sun doesn't mix. I been in TO this summer and smoked a J at about 10 degrees C and I couldn't enjoy it from shivering.

4) I take Vyvanse at 60mg a day and feel as if my highs are too sedative when I miss a day on my meds. Do stimulates generally cancel out/ruin smoking marijuana?
Stimulants and THC can cause Tachycardia which can lead to panic attacks. Weed is nice on them cuz they allow me to eat. But they interact, nothing gets cancelled

5) How to stop the munchies!!! :( any suggestions would help. I love the munchies to death half the time, and the other half I eat so much while high I think I'm going to die.
Eat a full meal before smoking and If you do feel to eat, eat something high in sugar as the cause of the munchies iirc is from a drop in blood sugar levels. Fiber helps regulate this and a bowl of porridge or alpen or a quick chex mix binge and chocolate are very helpful.

6) Swallowing while smoking? Whenever I smoke, I always swallow by accident. Does swallowing while there's smoke in your mouth make you sick? Does it make you higher?
This will cause smoke in the stomach which will irritate it. Higher? Idk.

Gets you higher if you clear it all. Oxygen deprivation plays a part in this rush IMO but should be avoided. You waste weed when the cherry is burning into the air.

8 )Tolerance breaks are impossible to take! I hate even going a day without getting high ( basically how to deal with fiending :/ ) what are some suggestions in flushing my system of THC a bit faster? I found cranberry juice works well but I'd rather hear more suggestions or recommendations*!
It is easy to do once you realize they are much other things in life that can get you high and a drug isn't the only source of enjoyment. Understand and accept that. Weed can produce unpleasant withdrawals like insomnia, anxiety, eating probs, passive aggression, mood swings, etc.

9) Indica vs Sativa as far as anxiety/paranoia? Does a Sativa vs Indica (vs hybrid :p) produce on average more anxiety/paranoia? I suffer from Bi-polar disorder with severe anxiety/depression and finding a strain that gives me a nice, relaxing happy mood /and/ a good high without anxiety is always a plus. I have found that Indica's that give good body highs and Sativa's with very long lasting euphoric rushes/emotions tend to be the best for my anxiety, so if you could suggest any particular strains for me that would be very much appreciated!
Indica for anxiety and relaxation. Hybrid for the perfect balance. Once it's properly balanced ofc. High THC low CBD can be very unpleasant. Sativa is not on my list unless I'm tripping and personally I have no choice and validation of strains as I'm not the grower so it doesn't matter to me. I just smoke.

10) What's some advice you would give to a newbie that you wished someone told you when you started?
Do not get into habitual use of pot or any drug for that matter. I told my cousin the other day who just started to treat it like booze and leave it for going out.

But honestly I cannot enjoy weed without a tolerance so... /:

if you managed to read and answer all of these, I thank you for your time :) Happy smoking to all!

My pleasure

Last edited:
Let me try and help you.

Hey guys! I've been smoking almost every day since late last year and have enjoyed every minute of it! =D
I've had a few questions ever since I started smoking daily that I've been wondering for awhile. I feel like a lot of the people I hang out with that smoke give me mixed answers on these, so I thought I'd ask here. Please answer even just one if you have the chance!

well your smoke session later depends on how much exactly you smoke if you smoke the same quantity as before and same strain probably it will boost you a bit, but if it's on larger amount/different strain then it may give you a good buzz!!!

2) When it comes to tolerence breaks, does even skipping a day make a difference?

Well the after effect of tolerance break differs from person to person although it's good to have a break atleast 3 days in a month, yes one days break makes a difference atleast in my case the more the break the merrier it gets!!

sorry cant ant help you in this one.

Cant help here too

Well ill it's good to have munchies try and make it interesting or make it more healthy by having more greens and veggies or may be fresh fruits too!!

but why swallow??? Avoid it pal.

Not not at all, but try and space them to enjoy and avoid wasting .

8 )Tolerance breaks are impossible to take! I hate even going a day without getting high ( basically how to deal with fiending :/ ) what are some suggestions in flushing my system of THC a bit faster? I found cranberry juice works well but I'd rather hear more suggestions or reccomendations!

Try taking tolerance break helps you great deal to enjoy the high, atleast once in a week.

try smoking more of clear sativa in this case.

Take it easy,prioritise work and family first, smoke clean stuff, keep it low!!!

hope this will help you.

1. No. The first high after waking up from a full sleep cycle is generally more intense, but it doesn't take away from subsequent highs throughout the day.

2. Yes. I have found that each time I sleep / dream, it resets my tolerance a little bit. Also, naturally the more time you put between your last session and your next, the more your tolerance will go down.

3. Ignoring my own preference, not at all.

4. Stimulants (especially amphetamines) GREATLY potentiate / enhance the effects of cannabis, to the point that for a few days after coming down from them, it can be boring to smoke without them. I have experienced this.

5. Munchies happen. If your munchies are excessive, try taking a multi-vitamin. Chew some mint-flavored gum. These things may help reduce appetite.

6. Unless you have a problem with your esophagus or trachea, I don't see where it would make any difference.

7. It's not the size of the bowl. It's the toker in the smoker. (lol) But seriously, no matter the bowl size, the more you smoke, the higher you get. I don't believe it's possible to 'smoke yourself sober.'

8. How to deal with fiending... My advice? Scrape resin. Smoke roaches. If you don't have those, just realize and accept that you won't be getting high that day. Easiest way. How to clean your system? Exercise. Drink water. Your Vyvance may help as well...

9. I find that for me, purple strains tend to produce the most relaxed, anxiety-free, euphoric highs. I'm sure it's different for different people, so this may take some experimentation on your part.

10. While transporting cannabis / paraphernalia, ALWAYS carry your I.D. ALWAYS wear your seatbelt. ALWAYS do the speed limit. NEVER be on your phone / distracted. NEVER allow them to search without probable cause.

Last edited:
#6 is a damn fine way to vomit from smoking weed. Take too big of a hit, smoke goes straight to your stomach and from there it's pretty much a 50/50 chance of burping out a smoke cloud to completely emptying your stomach of it's contents (50/50 if you don't know how to force yourself to burp, I mean.)

[EDIT: And mother FUCKER I just got so amused at the spelling of the word "burp." And then the sound of the word kind of entertained me a little bit, and I kind of looked at it and read it over several times and now the word's essentially just a meaningless fucking noise to me after this post. I hate when that shit happens.]

10) Use it recreationally! :) don't ever let this be THE problem.. :)

If I smoke early, all later sessions are lessened or just chasing that first buzz.

I've taken up to a month break at a time and it's preferable if you're looking to reduce your tolerance, days at a time don't really make much effect, not on me anyway.

I usually feel higher when I'm cold, so cold that I shiver at least. I guess I can't tell wether I'm shivering from the cold or drug effect.

I quit drinking energy shots and energy drinks for a while and it did increase the mellowness of my buzz. I think of it as going from 10 (stimulated to the max) down to 0 (pot buzzed to the max). Its easier for me to get to 0 from 4 or 5 than it is from 8 or 9.

There is no cure that I'm aware of. Set a timer or something on your phone that says, "Do not eat until (this time.)"

Not sure what you mean by swallowing.
By its nature packing bigger bowls/smoking more will get you higher. I'm not aware that there is a peak to a pot buzz. If you're as high as you want to get and smoke more though, then yes it is quite a waste.

A teaspoon of vinegar, or anything that says diuretic on it will help cleanse your system but you'll get the shits. I think your issue isn't the THC content in your body though, you've gotten it into your mind that you have to have the pot. This is common and any drug will do this to you to some extent but if you can push yourself to 3 days without using, you'll be able to give it up totally if you wish.

Most studies will tell you personalty and bi-polar disorder sufferers shouldn't use marijuana, but like a lot of pot related stuff the studies and testing are minimal. I don't usually know whether I'm smoking sativa or indica, I just smoke what's available, which is normally Weed Brand weed.

Joints for multiple smokers, bowls for solo smoking. 1 to 2 grams per dosage will treat you fine. (I was told this from the get go actually but it's good advice that I've smoked by ever since.) Smoke late in the evening when you're done with the day, unwind with it and let it soothe you into a relaxed state of mind.

I hope this helps you out man.