• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction 1 year sober from alcohol/non-RX drugs!

Treefa
Please don't turn this into a political discussion. You will lose.
Regards,
Crazy Liberal

Congratulations. That's a really significant achievement... an aspiration for myself :) Well done!

Just wanted to say thank you all. Bluelight helps me get better every day. If I can help one person a day with real harm reduction or information about getting clean with suboxone/tex then I have moved one more step in the right direction and back toward a life I hope to have again.

I don't want to come across callous, even though it may seem that way, but you are still on an opiate and a benzo. I understand the concept though that you are not going out and getting high so major congrats on that, but (and speaking from personal experience), the true test will be when you are off all of the substitution meds. This is not knocking you at all because I have been struggling with an absurd benzo dependency, but I am on suboxone and have also not used street opiates for about a year.

I guess the point of my post is to congratulate you, but be mindful that you are still taking two powerful mind altering and addictive substances.

I don't want to come across callous, even though it may seem that way, but you are still on an opiate and a benzo. I understand the concept though that you are not going out and getting high so major congrats on that, but (and speaking from personal experience), the true test will be when you are off all of the substitution meds. This is not knocking you at all because I have been struggling with an absurd benzo dependency, but I am on suboxone and have also not used street opiates for about a year.

I guess the point of my post is to congratulate you, but be mindful that you are still taking two powerful mind altering and addictive substances.

I understand and in many ways agree, which I made a point of saying in my first post. The valium I am getting off of, but the subutex I might never be able to come off of. I have gone off it multiple times only to find my pain right back at a 7-8 all day long. This brings it down to 4-5 and I can manage that. I wont consider myself truly clean and sober until I am off the benzo. But the alcohol was a huge thing for me. I use to drink a fifth a day, I physically WDd from alcohol thinking it was opiate WD it was the worst experience of my life, I drank as soon as I woke up to start the day, then half way through the day I had to use oxycodone and at night. It was no kind of life to live. And I was still in the military (I was in the process of getting out on a medical discharge but that took 6 months to finalize). So being on post fucked up like that always sick, always WDing from something was destroying me. Not to mention always having to be on post by 5 am and not getting back home for 12 hours, so I had to bring stuff with me onto a military installation. I was RXd the oxy, but I was bringing booze or buying it at the PX b/c I couldn't handle the WDs. And The last week I was in I was able to secure the military to pay for rehab (thank God) But I had to wait until I was a civilian to go.

So I basically put myself through hell for 6 months abusing these two things until I could get out and get help. If I went to rehab while I was in the military I would not have been able to get out for a full extra year on top of the 6 months. So I basically suffered for those 6 months until I could get out and get clean with help from real civilian doctors and rehabilitation. It was the best ~ 4 months of my life in rehab... I miss it to this day. Quitting drinking made me feel better than quitting 120 mg of oxy/day prescribed addiction. Alcohol is pure poison. I can not believe it is legal. IMO opiates are safer than fucking alcohol.

Last edited:
badass man stay on your path and there is nothing wrong with having good friends online stay cool