• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1 tab = cool. 1+1 tab = cool 2 tabs =...

Round_

Greenlighter
Swim is looking for some possible tips from experienced others on wtf just happened to swim. Story: swim and his partner found some very strong tabs of lsd. The last time they ate them was one tab and one tab an hour later. Good times were had by all, laughing, lying on the floor listening to good tunes watching 12d ultra high def kaleidoscope clouds. Things were intense but very fun.

Fast forward, swims partner appears with these tabs again to celebrate a special occasion. They're chilling at home and decide hey 2 tabs was fun lets eat them both at once.. So they eat both.. 40 minutes later the waves start rolling, just a little up the shore but it's coming. 50 minutes in both experience heavy heavy bodies, melting sensations, they laugh a bit but its getting hard to do anything.. They decide to go for a walk down to the park, lots of sky ocean corral broccoli along the way, vivid colors and sensations but fuck the body is heavy, it's like moving through mud.. 1h in, they're at the park, full throttle engage and they're floored in an dimension of beautiful color and universe collapsing and exploding with each breath, neither know who the fuck they are or what is going on. The body heavy keeps building - this is the main point - the body load was next level for both of them, to the point it distracted from the visuals and ate a lot of attention. Swims partner manages ok, says "I'm melting" between phasing in and out occasionally but swim gets stressed and the intense body feelings bring anxiety that swim battles with for the next 3 hours of the trip. This body load was experienced by both parties previously but not to this extent, can anyone relate? The visuals and mind breathing was amazing but the body experience has both of them considering whether they'd ever eat 2 straight up again.. Both feeling often nauseous and pretty much unable to do much physically at all.. When swim eats these with Mandy it's never an issue but alone.. Hard work..

Use of phrases like SWIM is not allowed on this forum, please don't do it again and/or edit your post to make it readable.

If you wait an hour before redosing, some tolerance can set in - dropping a higher dose all at once is known to often be considerably stronger and it does not allow as much respite to settle into the trip. For example I can eat 100s of ugs of acid if I really spread it out, and it does add some intensity each time, but if I take 250 ug at once there is a much more psychedelic chaotic peak.

Also set & setting may have been a little different. So the added intensity at the right place at the right time can indeed have an extreme, much more memorable or overwhelming outcome.

MDMA removes a lot of anxiety, fear and discomfort so I can imagine you have less issues that way.

The melting feeling or OOBE stuff / dissociation from LSD alone and many of the other higher dose effects you describe do sound familiar yes. Also jagged edge sawtooth fractal visuals etc. It can really be much more mindblowing and special compared to usual states of consciousness.

i have found redosing with acid (from 1h onward) to only very slightly increase the intensity while mainly prolonging the trip. redosing earlier is going to be more effective in increasing the strength of the trip with "redosing" at the same time as dosing obviously being the most effective.
so basically titrating your dose up to a comfortable level is pointless with acid. in under 1 hour you cannot judge how intense it is going to be, and afterwards redosing just doesn't get you any higher. you have to get your dose right at the beginning, which of course isn't an easy task with the illegality and rapid decomposition...

Really? Even when you add an actual verified 200-300 ug amount?

Really? Even when you add an actual verified 200-300 ug amount?

200µg would make me trip way too hard, possibly losing contact with reality.
the only ones of which i know the content are the hofmanns that had been floating around when i did acid regularly. they were 200µg and we'd have a full trip from half a blotter.

so i only redosed with weaker tabs, but really half of those plus the other half one hour later would be the same in intensity as if i had not redosed, just 2-3 hours longer. only taking a full one to start with yielded a nice trip.

of course with psychedelics intensity and even duration can depend a lot on set/setting, but that's my experience.

200µg would make me trip way too hard, possibly losing contact with reality.

What? Loose contact with reality? On 200ug of LSD? Not likely in any circumstance. There is no need to over-exaggerate the LSD experience.

LSD doesn't do this unless you take very, very high doses, and I mean VERY high. I'll let you know when I get there, but so far up to 1.5mg and no loss of contact with reality.

As for the OP, my first thoughts were, "this isn't LSD." Very high quality LSD won't have a body load of any kind, but a lot of it does. But RC's are more prone to drastic increases in body load.

You just seem new to LSD though. It kind of overwhelms you physically the first few times you take it. LSD should NEVER make you nauseous though, it just doesn't do that.

What? Loose contact with reality? On 200ug of LSD? Not likely in any circumstance. There is no need to over-exaggerate the LSD experience.

LSD doesn't do this unless you take very, very high doses, and I mean VERY high. I'll let you know when I get there, but so far up to 1.5mg and no loss of contact with reality.

i might not have been exactly 200µg, but somewhere around there. the dose was half of the tested hofmanns plus one tab that friends (more experienced with both kinds of acid) found equivalent to half a hofmann (also definitely lsd). could be 180 or 250 or something, but certainly not higher. i thinking "i know there's something called lsd and it somehow relates to this state i'm in now, but i absolutely cannot figure out how" about 1h in. but obviously that was just the comeup and i was gone for many hours and didn't remember i had taken anything. in fact during that time, i completely forgot that i had been alive before that trip and couldn't imagine any other sort of existance. from time to time i had some sort of short dream sequences (not in chronological order, day and night changed in a matter of seconds multiple times, and even time went backwards sometimes; image seeing a dog with a frisbee in its mouth somewhere in the distance, then the dog starts running backwards away from the frisbee while the frisby slowly follows the dog). compared to the other place i was in i couldn't make sense of these sequences at all and though they were just some sort of illusion, while in reality those were the only times when i made a contact with reality.

i am surely more susceptible to the effects of psychedelics than most people (and also have had nice, visual, but not in any way demanding trips on 1g of good cubensis), but among my circle of friends experienced with psychedelics i don't really react in an unusual way. one needs twice the dose for the same effects, one is somewhere in the middle, and one is just the same as me.

On the OP, it sounds to me like just a very intense peak. I've definitely had trips like that where even moving is difficult.

I'm with Black on the redosing thing too. I don't usually have a second peak, more just lengthened effect from redosing. I've never been one to redose though. I find an acid trip such an overwhelmingly intense experience my trips are usually on the shorter side anyway, by the end I'm just tired, unless I'm with other people.

I've had some seriously high dose trips and it kinda comes down to how one defines "lose contact with reality." Also a large degree on the person, since there's a fairly wide response curve when it comes to how people experience LSD, though of course there's many commonalities. Some people lose contact with reality more than others, and when you go past 1mg there is a peak period when communicating on a normal level is near-impossible, which it would be fair to say is to an extent, losing contact with reality.

The LSD reality is still reality, but it's not the reality that the normal person is experiencing day-to-day. Most of the time I can act in a way that doesn't make sober people consciously uncomfortable, but you're still on different wavelength, which is why Shulgin advocated not interacting with non-tripping people at all, out of respect.

I've had some seriously high dose trips and it kinda comes down to how one defines "lose contact with reality."

i mean in in the sense of a dmt breakthrough. for others you just lie on your back and it doesn't matter if you have your eyes open or closed, not that you could figure out how to do that, but really what are these "eyes" anyway? ;)
but it's not entities in a fantasy world like on dmt, it's just you as part of the swirling fractal spire that is all of existance.

up to this trip i believed that acid doesn't do that, that you see reality in a different way, but can always distinguish between what you see and what is normally there and that you always know you're tripping, but with an (apparantly highly variable) high enough dose and probably the right mindset (setting is pretty much irrelevant when you've been shot up that high) anything is possible.