Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

1 March is Zero Discrimination Day - Join the transformation

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
1 March is Zero Discrimination Day - Join the transformation
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
February 28th, 2014

28 February 2014 - This year, for the first time, 1 March will be a moment to celebrate diversity and recognize that every person counts. HIV responses should leave no one behind.

UNAIDS launched its Zero Discrimination Campaign on World AIDS Day in December 2013, which picks up momentum with a Zero Discrimination Day on 1 March 2014. UNAIDS chose the butterfly as its transformative symbol. Calling for a transformation to achieve zero discrimination is no small task as it is often deeply rooted, yet ending discrimination will be the game changing factor in the journey towards ending AIDS by 2030.

UNODC has long called for greater attention to the HIV plight of key populations and more precisely to the stigma and discrimination they face every day. People who use drugs and people in prisons face stigma and discrimination in various forms starting from systematic denial of access to basic health services to physical and mental abuse. The stigma and discrimination that they face is often in essence the way the general community views and values them; it comes from their peers, family members, neighbours and from health service providers.

Read the full story here.

How can these two-faced cretins put out a press release like this when they are among the largest global forces for the repression of drug users? This makes me so furious! :X

Last edited:
well they do seem to be trying to address the problem and have openly admitted to having it so maybe this is a start.. but what about all the users and addicts who dont have aids, when are we going to be treated like the good human beings we are?

Edit: you know I watched dallas buyers club tonight, pretty strong movie IMO, but a couple of things struck home, first the horrid discrimination and awful treatment that homosexuals and people with aids had to try and deal with back in the eighties and really sadly how much it reminded me of how drug users and addicts are treated today.

I hope people who have realized that this treatment of homosexual people and people with aids is awful now take a gander at how users and addicts are treated and see the same awful injustices.

Last edited:
Why not stop oppressing drug users before they get AIDS? I am not an addict, in fact i only use "soft" drugs but I feel the UN and their drug policy discriminate against me every day. The UN is a force for evil when it comes to drug policy. And there seems to be no nation they don't rule, no one ever opposes them.