View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1-Acetyl-psilocin

Psykedelic

Greenlighter
I cant find any trippraport for this one, i have heard that this will be available in the market this year.Does anyone know anything about the legal status for these tryptamines in England.

Imrue9O.png

Is that the substance you're talking about?

UK legal? Yes.

Active? Maybe.

Good? No one knows.

edit: Only other tryptamine with a similar modification I could find was Lespedamine, methoxy instead of acetyl. It is not known whether it's active or not.

Last edited:
Assumption of 1,- being the nitrogen it should be legal in the UK.

edit; bloody roi

Last edited:
Yes, right image.If this one turn to be active and who knows, maybe an prodrug to 4 HO DMT then we may also will se other chemical like 1Acetyl-(4-HO-MET), 1Acetyl-(4-HO-MiPT), 1Acetyl-(4-HO-DET) in the future.

Last edited:
Yes, right image.If this one turn to be active and who knows, maybe an prodrug to 4 HO DMT then we may also will se other chemical like 1Acetyl-(4-HO-MET), 1Acetyl-(4-HO-MiPT), 1Acetyl-(4-HO-DET) in the future.

I'm not a chemist, so anybody qualified feel free to correct me, but i don't see a reason it would be a prodrug.

United States: qualifies as illegal schedule 1 analogue

My more specific comment mentioning details on the United States was deleted and this is fine. Sources: Research the synthetic cannabinoid analogue legal precedents. Also research the conviction rate in the federal courts in the United Sates of America.

Lespedamine (1-MeO-DMT):
Lespedamine (1 MeO-DMT) can be metabolized to 1-HO-DMT by demethylation and then the N-hydroxyl group may be removed(N-dehydroxylation) through reeducates so you will get DMT.
1-HO-DMT can also be metabolized to 1-Acetyl-DMT by Acetylase enzymes. So 1-Acetyl-DMT is also an possible metabolic pathway here.

1-Acetyl-Psilocin:
N-acetylation can happen with several molecules. For example, you have mescaline, 2C-E or 4-MMC and many other compounds. The reverse reaction can also occur. Now in this case you have 1-Acetyl-Psilocin. The acetyl can partially remove but that is not something necessary for the metabolization of this molecule. If you had 1-AcO-Psilocin instead of 1-Acetyl-Psilocin then could you get 1-HO-Psilocin more easily than Lespedamine and then could the molecule metabolise to Psilocin and 1-Acetyl-Psilocin.

In my opinion 1-Acetyl-psilocin will metabolize to psilocin but only partielly (maybe 5 - 10 percent), something comparable to N-Acetyl-mescaline (not so active, because acetyl does not remove so easily.) or paracetamol: http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/Acetaminophen.asp
I do not think the important question is whether the molecule can be metabolized to psilocin but if the molecule is active.

1-Acetyl-LSD:
The metabolism of 1-Acetyl-Psilocin should not compare with 1-Acetyl-LSD or 1-Propionyl LSD. An important metabolic mechanism of LSD is the oxidation of the indole ring. One reason why 1-Acetyl-LSD can easier metabolize to LSD is that if Acetyl remains on the indol ring then you will not get any conjugatation and no oxidation will occur. It is more necessary for 1A-LSD to lose the Acetyl than what it is for 1-Acetyl-Psilocin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what Albert Hofmann said about 1-Acetyl-LSD:

High Times: Are you familiar with an LSD-like substance called ALD-52 that figured prominently in an acid trial two years ago?
Albert Hofmann: Yes. ALD-52 is 1-Acetyl- LSD, a modification of LSD that proved to be as active, because acetyl is removed in the body and you have the effects of LSD. It has only been used experimentally. We sent it to the Drug Rehabilitation Center in Lexington, Kentucky, for testing some years ago.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's what Alexander Shulgin said about 1-Acetyl-LSD:

ALD-52: 1-Acetyl-N,N-diethyllysergamide. This material has been explored in the 50-175 microgram range and there are a number of human trials reported, with varying conclusions. One found that there was less visual distortion than with LSD and it seems to produce less anxiety and was somewhat less potent than LSD. Another report claimed it was more effective in increasing blood pressure. Yet another could not tell them apart. ALD-52 just may have been the drug that was sold as "Orange Sunshine" during the "Summer of Love" in the late '60's. Or "Orange Sunshine" may have been, really, LSD. This was the focus of a fascinating trial where two defendants were accused of distributing LSD, whereas they claimed that it was ALD-52 which was not an illegal drug. The prosecution claimed that as it hydrolyses readily to LSD, for all intents and purposes it was LSD, and anyway, you had to go through the illegal LSD to get to ALD-52 by any of the known chemical syntheses. The defendants were found guilty. And yet, I do not know who has actually measured the speed or ease of that reaction. If ALD-52 hydrolyses so easily to LSD, and the body is indeed a hydrolytic instrument, then these two drugs should be absolutely equivalent in every particular, This is the ergot equivalent of the psilocybin to psilocin argument, except this is an acetamide rather than a phosphate ester.

Last edited: