• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

1,4-Butanediol Withdrawal

ComboverLarry

Greenlighter
So 1,4 Butanediol 99.7-99.9% is easily available on the net on US auction sites and China. They will even send you a COA if you have a letterhead that says you are into plastics manufacturing and prototyping. It started easily enough, taking 2ml after work, coming down and having a nice sleep. I wouldn't say tolerance built, but it's easy enough to put a bottle next to your bed to re-dose if you are wide awake, take a diluted sip and wake up refreshed. Oh, what a slippery slide that is.

I ended up taking 2.5 ml every couple hours just to maintain. If I had a difficult experience, or just wanted to chill, 2.5 ml BDO. The 2.5 ml in the night stand became 5ml and I would wake up a couple times during the night to take a sip. It was a good rush when I woke up in the morning and would drink through the crash during my day. It was fun for a bit.

I started feeling my kidneys getting sore. I would exercise and do back stretches, but the aching didn't stop. I was eating less and my urine flow lessened because I wasn't getting proper electrolytes. It returned temporarily eating broth, fruit juice, bananas and Tums, but I started to develop spider veins behind my knees, knowing it was my vice of choice causing these problems. I knew I had to stop.

I stopped cold turkey for a day, but I got really irritable after about 4 hours. My hands cramped up really badly and I couldn't type. I knew I was in trouble. I knew I had enough to do a 3-day taper, but would it be enough?

I got my supplements together with a game plan- a multivitamin, magnesium glycinate and melatonin for sleep, I did have baclofen, F-phenibux, lorezapam, and etizolam, but I don't like taking any of them. My taper was to either lower the dose, or lengthen the time. 2.5ml at 8:00 am. 2ml at 10:00 am, 2 ml at 12:30 and so on. The first night, I did save 2.5ml so I could sleep. When I got to such a low level the next day (30 hours?)I I knew I could jump. I have taken half of a lorazepam before a stressful meeting, but no more poison in my body.

I have been free for 1,4BDO for a week now. No repercussions. No cravings. I have more mental acuity and feel great.!

You have great meds there. The baclofen and etizolam would be my meds of choice to get off. I hear baclofen is great for GHB/GBL/BDO withdrawal. Take enough to get rid of the cramps and physical stuff, use a little etizolam for the anxiety, but please don't do this for longer than necessary, as these drugs have their own withdrawal.
Try taking only the baclofen, but if you're freaking out, take a bit of etizolam too. It's more forgiving than proper benzos like lorazepam, yet the fx are probably better.
Good luck man, I know that fucked up, unable to sleep feeling after BDO too well, but really the withdrawal isn't as dangerous as alcohol or benzo cold turkey.
The back pain could be muscle stiffness due to G causing muscle contraction, hence why it's popular with body builders. Plu it fucks you up with 0 cals unlike booze.
Good luck.

good advice from last poster, yeah -- you have the right stuff i would titrate down the BDO and titrate up the baclofen simultaneously, then stabilize and titrate out of the baclofen. just what i would do if I were in your position, not a doctor, not medical advice.

I had no need for baclofen, f-phenibut or etizolam. I was worried I had mid-level withdrawal with hand tremors. The painful hand cramps reminiscent of arthritis within the first 18-24 hours were lessened dramatically by taking 1ml or less of 1,4 GHB and normal tapering was resumed.

I've only had 3 alcohol hangovers in my life and they were 10x worse. I'm assuming 1,4 BDO is the easiest withdrawal out of any drug possible.

Well, a friend got back into the sauce again 24/7 for a few months. He typically pours 6 ml in a water bottle in case he becomes wide awake during the night. The jump night, he skipped the second dose and was relaxed enough to not feel hand cramps or nervousness in bed. This gave him a 5 hour head start on getting the junk out of his system. Hour 7-8, he started getting hand cramps and took 0.25 etizolam for relief.

After hour 18, it was smooth sailing. There was of course a phychological want, but not a physical one. He went to work with a bit of anhedonia and brain fog, but otherwise was a very easy process.

6 ml is an awfully high dose correct? I get confused with GHB GBL and 1.4 butanediol. But I remember 3ml being pretty heavy with no tolerance. You certainly cant play sober.

I also caught a small addiction to this but was well read on how bad it could get and actually dumped my last 4 bottles. (only drug thats ever hit a toilet) didn't know a single person I could trust to give it to at the potency/club stories.

But yea, the etizolam should be great to get through the w/ds. That stuff is alluring because it is so easy to get in large quantities but once its gone re-ordering didnt seem tempting.

Hi guys, i been on this forum a LOT lately prob last 4-6 months just learning and understanding GBL, 1,4b & GHB.
I've been fighting G addiction for a while now, i've being taken to the hospital once (i kept re-dosing and boom ! it all hit me at once, and i went into very deep sleep where i wasnt breathing properly, 5 hrs later i wake up fine in the hospital and discharged).

Now my problem is this - i've been doing 1,4b for 1 year straight now, between mon - fri i keep the doses tamed but i do chargy hits, i dont do big doses at all. 8am - i do 0.7, then 30 mins later another 0.7 and 30 mins later another 0.7 Then im sweet !.
11am - another 0.7 and another 30 mins later. Then i have lunch and another 0.8ish dose at 2pm, and another at 3pm, then i go gym train. 7pm - 0.7, 730pm - 0.7. Dinner time. 10:30pm - 0.7 and probably another 0.7 if i wake up midnight or 2am. On the weekend its just straight binge, probably 25-40 on the weekend.

I've read countless times its not toxic, but yeah at the start it felt great and no side effects, i thought i could run this forever and it is cheap. but i am starting to get the side effects now and addiction is strong. I believe my stuff is pure, the big bottle has stayed frozen the whole winter in my room with 0 liquid, its actually frozen very hard and its slimy when melted.

I'm on the way to quitting but not sure for good, but atleast a good break from it !. Currently going to try this method. morning dose, 3pm dose, 7:30 pm dose, and one to sleep, i cant do any valium or baclofen (get drug tested at work), so just green tea and excercise, so far it hasnt been to bad, but when im laying in bed before trying to sleep my inside guts are rummbling violently (no pain though), its sooo weird like wtf, if i take 14b it then goes away !, strange i find it , anyone have that ?
I'm having the hardest time sleeping, its like im just laying there wide awake but i can feel my body/mind is tired, its been 3 days now i maybe gotten 2-4 hrs sleep a night MAX.

I used to do lot of GBL 2-3 years ago but couldnt get it anymore. Now only get 1,4b (which i don't mind because it lasts longer and withdraw are not as intense).

How does one ingest 1,4b ?, i been just taking it with a mouthful of water and plunger my dose straight into my mouth with the water in it and drink more water down with it straight away, is this ok ?

G just makes everything more better, makes me active, i love it. But I'm getting tired of carrying a little pack with me all the times and i feel like its ruining my health. Even though im fit, 33 years old, 85kg, training 6/7 days per week.

I used to do lot of GBL 2-3 years ago but couldnt get it anymore. Now only get 1,4b (which i don't mind because it lasts longer and withdraw are not as intense).

How does one ingest 1,4b ?, i been just taking it with a mouthful of water and plunger my dose straight into my mouth with the water in it and drink more water down with it straight away, is this ok ?

G just makes everything more better, makes me active, i love it. But I'm getting tired of carrying a little pack with me all the times and i feel like its ruining my health. Even though im fit, 33 years old, 85kg, training 6/7 days per week.
You want to dilute is quite well, like in a cup of water. What frequency of dosing are you at? Careful though withdrawals can get actually pretty intense with more frequent use.

Let me link my post reply of my experience with 1,4BDO dependency, as it can get quite nasty if it gets out of hand.

You want to dilute is quite well, like in a cup of water. What frequency of dosing are you at? Careful though withdrawals can get actually pretty intense with more frequent use.
Let me link my post of my experience with 1,4BDO dependency
Wow just read your story, that is intense !. I dont think my withdraw are even remotely that bad, and i do little charge doses, and when im on it round the clock i still get 6 hrs sleep straight.
Bluelight has definitely helped me understand G rebound, withdraw, taper method, i would say it saved my life because i would have no clue how to stop.

Currently doing less and less often - Best advice i have read to date.

Since i carry my 50ml bottle and plunger with me everywhere, i cant always have a cup of water available to dilute, so i just mix it in my mouth and wash it down with more water from a tap/water bottle.

1,4b is not as bad as GBL, i can sharply decrease my dosage from every 2 hours to 4 hrs.

Today i dosed like this - 8am, 9am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm (and all 0.7 dose).
its these weird stomach rumblings that are weird, and colours seem shinier its almost like im tripping in a way but very lightly.

Last edited:
I tried therapeutic IV ketamine drip, which helps with WD's. The extra energy is nice, but you probably still won't sleep well.
When I was in the hospital, the SLEEP was the hardest, I didn't sleep for the initial phases of withdrawal for 3 days, they had to knock me out. It's interesting to hear ket helped you though, I'd imagine that would ease some of the hardcore primal anxiety.
What I only knew of with GHB w/d was baclofen, which they refused to give me, but were more than happy to giveme insane amounts of IV benzos.

Yeah this stuff scared me too. Most I would order would be 500ml but that would always turn into round the clock dosing with horrible rebound anxiety. And the insomnia is awful.
Even after a couple of nights I would wake up with a fright and felt like my heart was racing every 2-3 hours, and need 2ml to sleep again.
Thing is, I'm not even sure I enjoyed the effects all that much. I really tried, and really wanted to, but I found it so difficult to get to a nice sweet spot with BDO and G. Only managed a few times, otherwise I'd just be twitching and passing out.
Didn't stop me needing to dose it constantly all the same.
Then I decided it was shit and just let it wear off gradually, then took some etizolam and it felt euphoric by comparison.

Well, my buddy got into the 1,4 BDO sauce again. He went from 30-15ml per day to start. After about 4 hours, the hand cramps and cloudy thoughts returned. He had 300 mg phenibut, which took the edge off for a few hours, but it didn't really help.

Being out of all other options, he alternated Alka-Seltzer night time severe cold and Celestial Seasoning extra strength sleepy time tea. He had been taking 2400 mg NAC, magnesium glycinate, and Rhodiola Ashwagandha Ginseng Complex to reduce cortisol. It was uncomfortable, but doable. For sleep, he alternated Trazodone and Ramelteon, which got 2 or so hours of sleep the first few nights.

Kicking BDO can be done quickly with little pain.

How long had he been on? I've been on 20 years and now I get nothing out of it and actually taking causes me anxiety. I tried weaning but it doesn't really seem to work well. I've quit and am using pregabalin and baclofen and am going to be trying to vape some delta 8. Yes I can't really sleep without finally breaking down and taking a big dose of 1,4. But I'm afraid if I even use only at night it will not let me recover. I'm afraid I'm going to have long term anxiety and insomnia. Has that happened to your friend as well. Any advice is appreciated.

How long had he been on? I've been on 20 years and now I get nothing out of it and actually taking causes me anxiety. I tried weaning but it doesn't really seem to work well. I've quit and am using pregabalin and baclofen and am going to be trying to vape some delta 8. Yes I can't really sleep without finally breaking down and taking a big dose of 1,4. But I'm afraid if I even use only at night it will not let me recover. I'm afraid I'm going to have long term anxiety and insomnia. Has that happened to your friend as well. Any advice is appreciated.
20 years using BDO constantly or? On how big doses are you now?

20 years using BDO constantly or? On how big doses are you now?
Gotten off...sorta....using Pregabalin and Baclofen. Still take a dose to calm me down when the anxiety gets to be so much. I am able to sleep better with Ambien now. Thing is when I first started taking the stuff on a low dose it was the most peaceful yet at the same time stimulating and euphoric substance I'd ever had. Just shouldn't have ever started using more than twice a day and definitely not for sleep. It was just great to be able to sleep almost within minutes soundly whenever I wanted to.

Just thought I'd give an update, j tried quiting few weeks back, I took pregabalin 150mg in the morning, and it works great but then I ended up taking bit of BDO because I still felt a little edgy, and ended taking pregabalin and BDO , I've stopped the pregabalin now and only on BDO. Not sure why I do this to my self, it's like I don't really want to quit BDO :( , boredom hits me hard and find my self taking BDO to enjoy everything in life, or is this a delusion thing ?