• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 0.2 micron water bottle filter for making adderall vegan?

benjie414

Greenlighter
hi.

i'm a vegan, and have a prescription for generic adderall i.r.
the brand that i use is teva / barr. 1 of the inactive ingredients is magnesium stearate.
i called the company about it. they said that it's from bovine trachea.

from what i've read, amphetamine salts are water soluble. and magnesium stearate isn't.
i've been trying different things to filter the magnesium stearate: coffee filters, cotton balls, lab filter paper.
but, after filtering, i still can see little particles in the water. and i think that the coffee filters, cotton balls, and lab filter paper are absorbing some of the amphetamine salts.

last night, i saw a "life straw go" water bottle. it has a 0.2 micron filter.
would this filter out the magnesium stearate, and leave the amphetamine salts?
i drink the amphetamine water. i'm not trying to inject, smoke, etc.
thanks for your time.

http://www.amazon.com/LifeStraw-Bottle-Integrated-1000-Liter-Filter/dp/B00H90PFOK

Last edited:
If you're filtering out the animal product, then you're still consuming it and this will not make any difference in the amount of cruelty and harm that comes to animals. What's the point? It's not like that shit is harmful to you in any way. Either boycott adderall and lobby for vegan pharmaceuticals or accept it for what it is.

Wow... I'm amazed ...

It's really not that serious

No need to judge someone elses lifestyle, the OP is asking a harmless question.

I'd say that would work OP. If not, get a real micron filter that attaches to a syringe and it will definetely work.

Magnesium stearate is not water-soluble. I came back to the Darkside years ago but I was a strict vegan for five years so I understand, the obsession lol.

I wouldn't eat honey, wear leather shoes, or sit on leather couches.

I discovered there were people to worry about in life and that they trumped animals. Although I went back to it out of poverty and...instinct.
I support veganism but not militant vegans that hate people and love animals. We are all animals.

Last edited:
No need to judge someone elses lifestyle, the OP is asking a harmless question.

I'd say that would work OP. If not, get a real micron filter that attaches to a syringe and it will definetely work.

You're right...whatever works for the person works. Not trying to judge. More like blown away that someone has the time and inclination to research/worry about inactive ingredients in their meds, you know? I guess I just feel like, seriously, that's like really stretching for something to worry about...

I would imagine though, if OP has an issue with ingredients in the adderall, maybe he could go to a compounding pharmacy where they don't have to add such ingredients to the med?

You're right...whatever works for the person works. Not trying to judge. More like blown away that someone has the time and inclination to research/worry about inactive ingredients in their meds, you know? I guess I just feel like, seriously, that's like really stretching for something to worry about...

I would imagine though, if OP has an issue with ingredients in the adderall, maybe he could go to a compounding pharmacy where they don't have to add such ingredients to the med?

I sort of agree with you here.

I understand OP is just looking out for his lifestyle choice as a vegan.... but this post doesn't really concern HR in anyway since the ingredient OP is trying to avoid isn't harmful anyways.

Im sorry, but fuck all this pc bullshit. I think vegetarianism and veganism is pretty ridiculous to begin with, but what this dude is talking about borders on the insane.

If the mag is not waterb soluable and you desire to not injest it why not crush the pill up and use a cotton to filter draw it up and squirt the liquid in your mouth. Seems like a bit of over kill but to each his own.

The amount of magnesium stearate in a pill is in the fractions of a milligram (it's a lubricant for the die to release the pills when they are formed), and for that matter, it need not be animal derived. Stearates are common fatty acids present in plants, and it could have been made synthetically.

It's not worth worrying about.

gotta go with sekio on this one.

Also to the OP. Instead of worrying about your pills...if you are a vegan for ideological reasons, why not devote that time to true activism. I know you probably won't want to read this, but as a chef I would spend the extra money to get cruelty free meats, and free range everything. Yes they cost more, but they taste better, and having the piece of mind that if more chefs thought like me, less animals would go to feed lots and processing centers I could sleep better at night.

So many judgemental asshole responses. Bluelighters disappoint me sometimes in their reactionary stereotyping.
Pharmaceuticals are an ethical minefield for vegans and such - but i personally think this is the best response:
If you're filtering out the animal product, then you're still consuming it and this will not make any difference in the amount of cruelty and harm that comes to animals. What's the point? It's not like that shit is harmful to you in any way. Either boycott adderall and lobby for vegan pharmaceuticals or accept it for what it is.

I agree, soulgasm and sekio have clearly made the best points.

While I'm not a vegan (occasional meat eater, basically), I'm personally more annoyed by anti-vegans. Yeah, some vegans can be intensely annoying, but knowing how fucked up the conditions in factory farming can get, I have to admit that they do get to claim the moral high ground.

Anyway, one thing to consider is that the stearate is, as far as I know, basically a waste product - as in there are no adorable baby cows being slaughtered just to get our jittery hands on that sweet, sweet stearic acid.

So many judgemental asshole responses. Bluelighters disappoint me sometimes in their reactionary stereotyping.
Pharmaceuticals are an ethical minefield for vegans and such - but i personally think this is the best response:

Anyone who expresses a strong belief is going to make people come out of the woodwork in opposition of that or just to make fun of them. That's the internet for you..

I agree that soulgasm's comment is probably the best advice.

Im sorry, but fuck all this pc bullshit. I think vegetarianism and veganism is pretty ridiculous to begin with, but what this dude is talking about borders on the insane.

I agree, soulgasm and sekio have clearly made the best points.

While I'm not a vegan (occasional meat eater, basically), I'm personally more annoyed by anti-vegans. Yeah, some vegans can be intensely annoying, but knowing how fucked up the conditions in factory farming can get, I have to admit that they do get to claim the moral high ground.

Anyway, one thing to consider is that the stearate is, as far as I know, basically a waste product - as in there are no adorable baby cows being slaughtered just to get our jittery hands on that sweet, sweet stearic acid.

Thanks for this logical response.

It frustrates me that electric moon had such a close minded response. I can link him slaughter house videos that will make him feel sick to his stomach. The amount of torture from sick fucks that goes on is disturbing, and you can literally see the cows crying and absolutely terrified. The chickens are row on top of row in cages where they can barely move. The diary cows have hands stuck up there cooches so they can be artificially impreganted to continue producing milk. They are hooked up to milking machines almost 24 hours a day. There baby calfs are immediately taken away from them after birth, and the momma cow cries for days because she lost her baby and doesn't understand why. When the animals don't cooperate they are stabbed with pitch forks, i can show you videos. The calfs are put in cages where they can barely move, to become veal. These animals aren't stupid, they are concious and terrified for every second of their life up until the set date that they get slaughtered. It's truly one of mans cruelest feats to date, the slaughter of hundreds of millions of animals every year that are raised in these conditions.

Most "free range" meats are basically just a buzz word created by these industries. Still raised in crappy conditions and killed when they have lived only 10% of their expected life.

Animal agriculture is the number 1 contributer to global warming. Cows specifically release a lot of methane and other gases. This planet wasn't meant to have billions of cows mass produced.

If we dispersed all the grains and water we feed to animal agriculture, it would solve world hunger and thirst.

Diary literally has cow pus in it, and the industry has regulations for the percent of puss that can be in a diary product lol. Drinking milk has been linked to weakening bones, and the countries with the highest consumption of diary have the highest rate of osteoporosis and bone breaks/fractures, so the entire milk industry is based around a lie that milk strengthens bones. I believe the reason for this is milk contains animal protein which acidifys the blood, and the bodies natural response to this is to neutralize the acidic blood by releasing calcium from your bones.

Meat also has traces of feces and puss all over it.

An egg is a chickens period lol. And

A vegan diet has been proven to be by far the healthiest diet, when studied against a balanced meat eating diet or even a vegetarian diet, the vegan diet lowers cholesterol by a much larger amount and also fat loss to lower overall BMI.

Humans have the teeth and digestive system of herbivores. If we were instinctually omnivores or carnivores, we would have natural hunting insincts and crave and be tempted by raw meat, including road kill we pass by. Our ancestors hunted meat for food with WEAPONS because food was much scarcer back then. It was to survive, not because it contains something essential to human life.

Science has proven we can get all the nutrition and more then we need from a balanced plant based diet.

Meat has recently been ruled a carcinogenic by the world health organization, as dangerous as smoking ciggarettes, drinking alcohol, or being exposed to asbestos.

Show me a hospital full of vegans lol.
I can show you hospitals around the world packed with people who eat meat and diary that are there because of diabetes, heart disease, or cancer. Now i'm not saying you can't get sick as a vegan, but you do greatly reduce the odds.

My primary reason for switching to a vegan diet was because i'm focusing on my health and fitness. The ethical reasons are a bonus.

Don't be so close minded. Do the research for yourself. I know it's hard to accept that meat and diary is unhealthy, since we all grew up on it, but the science does all the talking and if you care about your health overall, and don't want to highly increase your odds of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and other illnesses, then i really recommend you guys all consider a vegan diet.

Some people just don't want to hear it though. It's hard to swallow that we have basically been brain washed by the multi billion dollar meat and diary industries, i know. I grew up eating meat and diary and used to mock vegans or vegetarians, but as i got older and began focusing on my health and doing research, i learned that it simply is just the most healthy diet.

This is 2015, there are vegan alternatives to all your favorite meats and cheeses that are delicious. The tastiest voted burger in the world this year was a vegan burger.

Now that you have all this knowledge, will you use it?

Once you go vegan you will do your best at least to avoid contributing to the industries that capatlize off the mass abuse of other animals. This includes attempting to avoid pharmaceuticals that contain animal products, but this isn't always possible so the OP is just sticking to his vegan views even though it doesn't make a difference because there is no prescription alternative for vegan adderall. It's just for principle reasons.

Last edited:
pbuilder-

Pre-historic humans definitely ate meat, I'm pretty sure they weren't brainwashed by the meat industry. They were quite good at catching animals when they worked together. I don't see how food being scarce means anything, and we didn't quit eating meat as soon as the agricultural revolution came along. I don't care if you or anyone else wants to be vegan, but it is definitely you who is doing something unnatural, not us.

Last edited: