• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸Should I Try HEROIN?⫷

Well another experience to add to the thread I guess.
So me and my friend got into opioids 2 years ago, we took methadone "just to try it" but of course we liked it and kept taking it. Later on we moved onto subutex/suboxone pills and it was great at first but tolerance developed quickly so of course we switched to heroin. Mind you we weren't doing that often but still 1/2 times a week minimum.

There were many "last time"s but you probabky know how it goes, and we weren't even addicted to it (yet) so yeah
Personally I'm fine, never been addicted to it and I don't usually crave it even tho I still use every now and then but my friend has been shooting it for a few months daily and lives on the street and has tried to kill himself a few times (dunno if that has anything to do with his addiction but still).

So yeah here's my story, you may not get addicted and it may not destroy your life but I wouldn't recommend taking the risk.
And if you're thinking "I'm not like that, I'm strong, I won't get addicted" you're probably just fooling yourself into trying it, we were like that in the beginning trust me I know how it goes, you think you're special but you're probably not. If you're absolutely 100% sure that you'll be able to control your use then go ahead I guess but beware you're going down a shady road.

Yesterday I remember having watched to a documentary on TV that mentioned heroin deaths occurrences and not to my surprise most of them had been their first time.
First and last experience with Heroin.

They were investigating if it was the drug or the mixture. Both.. Maybe too much although they were sold in small quantities as it was reported.
It's a great risk.
In one minute you are fine, alive and well, the other you are dead.

Hey guys, SWIM took 3 54mg Concerta xr at 4:00 pm. SWIM took 2 more 54mg Concerta xr at 8:00. At 8:30, SWIM took 15mg of generic Oxycodone/acetaphetamine. It is now 10:30, and SWIM would like to take 20 mg of Zolpidem Tartrate (generic Ambien). Is this safe? Fast answers please.

No don't mix sleeping pills and opiates!!!!!!!!!! Well after looking again that's a low dose but I still wouldn't do it,I'm not to familiar with conerta but it being adhd med won't the ambien fuck up your buzz? You coming down,is that why you want the ambien? If not why would you take adhd meds then a sleeping pill?

Heroin-the Devil I Heroin - I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold, and if u need me, remember I'm easily found. I live all around you, in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door. My power is awesome; try me ...you'll see, but if you do, you may never break free. Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul. When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie. You do what you have to just to get high. The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms. You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad When you see their tears, you should feel sad. But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised, I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways. I take kids from parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from god, and separate from friends. I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I'll be with you always, right by your side. You'll give up everything your family, your home, your friends, your money, then you'll be alone. I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give. When I'm finished with you you'll be lucky to live. If you try me be warned this is no game. If given the chance, I'll drive you insane. I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind. I'll own you completely; your body will be mine. The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed, the voices you'll hear from inside your head, the sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see; I want you to know, these are all gifts from me, But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part. You'll regret that you tried me, they always do, but you came to me, not I to you. You knew this would happen. Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to be bold. You could have said no, and just walked away, If you could live that day over, now what would you say? I'll be your master; you will be my slave, I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave. Now that you have met me , what will you do? Will you try me or not? Its all up to you. I can bring you more misery than words can tell. Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell.

No don't mix sleeping pills and opiates!!!!!!!!!! Well after looking again that's a low dose but I still wouldn't do it,I'm not to familiar with conerta but it being adhd med won't the ambien fuck up your buzz? You coming down,is that why you want the ambien? If not why would you take adhd meds then a sleeping pill?
Concerta is to stay up all night, opiates were to get SWIM high but they are wearing off a little bit. SWIM wants to take the Ambien to get higher while still staying up all night. Also SWIM is out of Oxycodone, thats why SWIM is thinking about taking ambien. SWIM has tripped on ambien in the past and would like to do it again.

Heroin-the Devil I Heroin - I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold, and if u need me, remember I'm easily found. I live all around you, in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door. My power is awesome; try me ...you'll see, but if you do, you may never break free. Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul. When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie. You do what you have to just to get high. The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms. You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad When you see their tears, you should feel sad. But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised, I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways. I take kids from parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from god, and separate from friends. I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I'll be with you always, right by your side. You'll give up everything your family, your home, your friends, your money, then you'll be alone. I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give. When I'm finished with you you'll be lucky to live. If you try me be warned this is no game. If given the chance, I'll drive you insane. I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind. I'll own you completely; your body will be mine. The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed, the voices you'll hear from inside your head, the sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see; I want you to know, these are all gifts from me, But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part. You'll regret that you tried me, they always do, but you came to me, not I to you. You knew this would happen. Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to be bold. You could have said no, and just walked away, If you could live that day over, now what would you say? I'll be your master; you will be my slave, I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave. Now that you have met me , what will you do? Will you try me or not? Its all up to you. I can bring you more misery than words can tell. Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell.

feel like i may have read that somewhere before, could be wrong, but i really liked it. could basically be said about meth as well, all except the best part of a serious opiate addiction..those blissful physical withdrawals. constantly freezing, but wait i feel like im melting...what could be better.

I definitely would not try it. unless your an experimental person and just doing it for shits and giggles basically lol

Before i got on methadone, i was a heavy oxycodone user, about 100- 200 mg a day. Anyways i would reccomend oxy before heroine. I have done both but have much less experience with heroine. I have never done any amazing heroine such as china white but i prefer the oxy high over heroine although if i were to try good smack im sure that high would be much better, that main reason i believe oxy over smack is it is muuuch safer in the sense you know exactly what you are getting and the exact amount in mg ypur getting. Heroine varies greatly in strength and is almost always cut up with stuff you dont want in your body. So if you want to try heroine but havent experimented with oxycodone especially roxicodone (oxycodone instant release no tylenol) then i would definatly reccomend oxy first. Btw methadone has been a god send and i would definatly reccomend it to anyone struggling with addiction.
-nayRoxy

No is really the only answer unless you have a fatal sickness and boat loads of cash.

^ I agree, no is the only answer IMO.
From my perspective even if you are sick, rich and know you are going to die perhaps you still would want to go in peace.

Some of you might be disappointed or think I'm stupid but I tried heroin for the first time a couple days ago. It was tar and I shot half the bag.. Didn't get sick or feel bad despite my moderate tolerance. However, I have no desire to do it all the time because I'm more of a speed freak. The heroin sedated me to the point I couldn't function, kinda like plain old morphine. I'd rather be functional AND high.

So, after I did half the bag I flushed the rest of it down the toilet because it upset my boyfriend. He's more important to me than getting fucked up on heroin <3

For anyone reading this, I've been shooting up for years and have now done virtually every strong opiate under the sun. Been addicted and quit when I just didn't give a fuck and did every drug I could get my hands on, but meth is my demon.. So if you love opiates then please don't fuck with the h, it really is too good. And you will regret it! I only did it once and it disrupted my life (hurt boyfriends feelings) and its not worth it.

Peace

Please don't do heroin if you have a curiosity about its pharmaceuticokinetics and want to see how it feels this is an overkilled thread but there are very few straight forward answers so here goes.

First off i have literally tried every single rx opiate /opioids available and was addicted to heroin for 3 years and then fentanyl and all its analogues and got to the point 2 grams of herion and i mean good heroin would barely get me thru the day. So i have been to every high there is and all the deepest lows the life has to offer. And after everything i highly regret ever abusing them (as in non emergency use) and respect their purpose for serious pain and chronic problems. As i also broke my back in 2012. I'm sober now though thank god and can only thank strong family support psychedelics and subutex for helping me make the umpteenth millionth attempt a success. 7 months clean not long but i willl never touch them again i know now as i have tackled the source of my addiction and not just its behaviors.

But anyways all the said heroin does nothing more than morphine/ oxy/ hydromorphone etc. so youd be stupid to do a dangerous street drug that guaranteedly has other active drugs in it and other horrible inert materials when you can get a safer experience with a Rx drug. Which i dont condone either but it is better than h if you must try but i wouldn't get lost in it on any annual base be it once a week month 2mnth 3mnths or whatever you will start doing it more and negative life conflicts can cause it to snow ball and once its so large there is no stopping it and it can potentially get big enough to destroy your entire life leaving you hopeless homeless and ultimately lifeless. Trust me i overdosed and had a massive seizure and have struggled to super glue back the pieces that once made up my life. Good luck i hope i didnt write this so long it doesnt get read. Peace and love everyone still in the struggle there is hope.

It's amazing how quickly you become a heroin slave and even faster when it comes to lose your principles, family and beloved ones.
An one way trip to hell. Regardless, people fall for it every day.
Very sad indeed.

Last edited:
That's awesome to hear. This is what I hope more people take away from this thread.

I don't mind at all. In fact, I think it's a great idea for others who have been down the road of heroin addiction to post their advice and 2 cents about the whole thing. Thank you.

I think that if I would have found this 10 years ago that i might not have tried it. As opposed to the "just say no" cliche this is very informative and gives the information in a non-condescending way. That intro is amazing.

I'd be happy if this thread prevented at least one person not to use it.

Last edited: