• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸INJECTIONS: I.V. FAQs & Info MEGATHREAD⫷

I get a transfer syringe and setup however many syringes I'm filling, fully drawn to detent, point up in a cup.
swab spoon and empty my oxynorm cap into it. Add 1st wash water to spoon. Stir with cap or transfer syringe
With the transfer syringe pushed down firmly I slide it from the handle to just before centre. After a few attempts you learn the right pressure
Slowly draw reasonably clear water. If any cloudiness return to spoon and redraw.(if it's still cloudy the filter will block quicker)
On successfully doing a clear draw attach .22 micron wheel( make sure you get sterile... preferably hydrophilic) and any guage needle.
Insert needle into each nozzle in turn and count out however many drops will divide your dose how you want.
(Average 10-11 drops per cc but wildly variable even using same batch of water).
Repeat at least once.
I have sometimes tasted residue after 3rd wash, but 2 will get almost all the oxy out.
The filter can be used until it's so hard to push it will split the filter and you'll lose your load BUT after 1st use any bacteria on the dirty side will start reproducing. If you're not using sterile saline or boiled water I'd toss it after a day.

I started out hitting a varicose popiteal vein because it gave me 2 hands to work with and was easier to hide.
When I could no longer find it I moved to left cephalic where a watch would cover it and alternate with just before the thumb.
Warning... In that spot it's easy to hit a nerve.
Once I managed to push out the far side. It was obvious as 1. It suddenly got harder to push. 2. It stings.
This particular time it stung...so had breached the far side wall and I may have twitched, putting a tiny slit there.
Within 5 minutes I had a bruise running from wrist to armpit. On the plus side...it showed me the path of the vein all the way up, making it damned easy to find for a while.
Here's a tip for those buying micron wheels from a needle exchange...read and show up early on their use by date.
Point out they're expired and they'll likely give you the rest of the box free.

On a side note, I have to inject my stock with 5 in 1 vaccine subcutaneously. It is quite easy to miss your skin " tent" and push the viscous liquid into the dermis resulting in a lump that doesn't go away.
If you don't have a local needle exchange, most cities will have several medical supply shops selling syringes, needles, filters and swabs
Junkie supermarkets.
If you're way out of town most rural supply stores will order your favourite size syringe and needles,(They may be labelled as vet use, but they're still sterile)
(Assuming you don't want boxes labelled "syringes" in your mailbox)
DON'T FORGET TO SWAB YOURSELF BEFORE PUNCHING HOLES !

Forgot to add, blood is a lubricant. On entering a vein it may suddenly plunge deeper.
My registration will also tell me if I've had my daily aspirin. If it's dark and thick I've forgotten.
I am surprised how bright veinous blood can be. Don't assume you've hit an artery just by colour.

Oh... And if you've been stripping your weed harvest, DON'T HOLD YOUR NEEDLE WITH STICKY FINGERS.
It makes it way harder to switch from suck to blow. An alcohol swab will remove proto-hash.

Noob here. How do I use the filter

If you need to ask that question, please research more into IV use before jumping into what may be the most life changing decision you make.

It depends on what kind of filter. Different ones are necessary/used for different types of drugs.

I'd need more information to answer your question.

I have a question. I’m doing goofballs (meth+heroin) and every time I hit a vein, it seems to disappear and I can’t find it again for the next few days, then it comes back. Why could that be?

Hello fellow bluelighters can anyone tell me if I should be concerned about this. About 2 days ago I shot up in my leg (I know I shouldn’t but arm veins are getting impossible to hit) and when I was getting ready to do another about 5-6 hours after I noticed where I had shot up hurts pretty bad and was getting pretty red. I slept on it (slept for about 24 hrs since I had been up several days) well when I woke up it didn’t hurt as bad but the redness seems to be spreading and it’s definitely warm to the touch but also the pain is slowly getting better. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does it seem like it’s time for another trip to the hospital? Also the skin around it feels very tight and almost “hard” feeling

I hitted my wrist arteries accidentally. It hurted like Hell and tingled all the way up my arm. When i finished the shot(i have no veins left anymore, so i was desperate and reckless) there was this weird sensation all over my body for few seconds and the Rush was ok (stimulants). Now i don't know what to think, they always say do NOT hit your arteries, only veins. It really did hurt and felt like electric shocks but not unbearable and i had to push the plunger way harder than in vein, but why is it so dangerous to hit arteries? I am not going to do it again, just curious.

Hey guys I have a problem when trying ti inject. I can push the needle in slow, snd I make sure my needle is as parallel to the vein as possible but 9/10 times I will not get a successful register until I’m pulling back on the needle. But then it’s too late because it hurts way too bad to continue with the shot. I’m guessing this means I’m going through the vein. I don’t understand how considering I’m using short needles and making sure I’m at least 45 degrees before entering the vein. Does anyone have any advice on how not to do this?

I've been using a 28 1/2 for Fem shots and was curious if maybe it's not quite long enough, cuz I gotta really shove it in and push my groin forward before blood flows. It doesn't really hurt it's just slighty uncomfortable at times when I'm pushing the plunger in, and im just worried that im missing part of my shot each time. Or would u feel pain and definitely know your missing like as in other areas of your body

I've been using a 28 1/2 for Fem shots and was curious if maybe it's not quite long enough, cuz I gotta really shove it in and push my groin forward before blood flows. It doesn't really hurt it's just slighty uncomfortable at times when I'm pushing the plunger in, and im just worried that im missing part of my shot each time. Or would u feel pain and definitely know your missing like as in other areas of your body
If you miss you'd generally feel it. The main risk of injecting there is that the femoral vein runs VERY close to both the femoral artery and the main nerve controlling movement of that leg.

I highly recommend the 'In the Groin' safety tips leaflet published by Exchange Supplies (available either in print or as download). It helps you better understand your anatomy. You also might like to check out 'What Works' which gives specific needle recommendations. Stay well!

If you miss you'd generally feel it. The main risk of injecting there is that the femoral vein runs VERY close to both the femoral artery and the main nerve controlling movement of that leg.

I highly recommend the 'In the Groin' safety tips leaflet published by Exchange Supplies (available either in print or as download). It helps you better understand your anatomy. You also might like to check out 'What Works' which gives specific needle recommendations. Stay well!
Yeah I looked over tons of vein maps and safety tips and everything for days before I went through with it. The first like 5 times I seemed to hit it pretty easy. But the last like 5 times I've tried it I couldn't hit. The longest needle I have access to is a 1/2 inch, I had one 1.5" syringe but it's a 22 G and is as thick as a fuckin sword lol, I feel like I would ruin the vein quick hitting it with one of those 5 times a day. And the one time I tried using it I put the whole 1.5" inches in and it didn't register. Does that mean I definitely need to move a lil closer to the artery? Cuz like I said I had hit 5 times prior with Just a 1/2inch (although I did feel like I might have been missing a lil bit like the bevel wasn't fully in the vein), and Ive been goin in at the same spot but for whatever reason it's not working now. Im wondering if I just have really weak blood pressure and shitty circulation from 15 years of IV'ing everyday, and 5 times is all I'm gonna get out of it, or if I'm just not hitting it . Cuz the 5 times I did hit, after I pulled the rig out, no blood came out the hole and I was expecting it to be leaking fairly good from things Ive read. Also it's extremely hard for me to feel the pulse, I have to push super hard and I can feel it for like 10 seconds and then it seems to stop, like maybe I'm pushing so hard that it's flattening the artery or something? Plus my groin starts to feel really sore from pushing so hard and I'm worried that im gonna cause some kind of bad medical condition just from pushing in that area so much. But if I don't push that hard I can't feel it at all. If someone who's extremely experienced with Fem IV'ing can either reply on here or DM me to help me answer some of these questions id appreciate it alot cuz I'm worried that I'm fuckin myself up. And I don't need to hear any "try other spots first", I've been IV'ing for 15 years, and the first 12 or so I'd never heard of harm reduction and had no access to rigs, so would use the same one for weeks, probably have poked myself 100 times with 1 needle. So all my other spots are definitely scarred up and almost unaccessible

I get a transfer syringe and setup however many syringes I'm filling, fully drawn to detent, point up in a cup.
swab spoon and empty my oxynorm cap into it. Add 1st wash water to spoon. Stir with cap or transfer syringe
With the transfer syringe pushed down firmly I slide it from the handle to just before centre. After a few attempts you learn the right pressure
Slowly draw reasonably clear water. If any cloudiness return to spoon and redraw.(if it's still cloudy the filter will block quicker)
On successfully doing a clear draw attach .22 micron wheel( make sure you get sterile... preferably hydrophilic) and any guage needle.
Insert needle into each nozzle in turn and count out however many drops will divide your dose how you want.
(Average 10-11 drops per cc but wildly variable even using same batch of water).
Repeat at least once.
I have sometimes tasted residue after 3rd wash, but 2 will get almost all the oxy out.
The filter can be used until it's so hard to push it will split the filter and you'll lose your load BUT after 1st use any bacteria on the dirty side will start reproducing. If you're not using sterile saline or boiled water I'd toss it after a day.

I started out hitting a varicose popiteal vein because it gave me 2 hands to work with and was easier to hide.
When I could no longer find it I moved to left cephalic where a watch would cover it and alternate with just before the thumb.
Warning... In that spot it's easy to hit a nerve.
Once I managed to push out the far side. It was obvious as 1. It suddenly got harder to push. 2. It stings.
This particular time it stung...so had breached the far side wall and I may have twitched, putting a tiny slit there.
Within 5 minutes I had a bruise running from wrist to armpit. On the plus side...it showed me the path of the vein all the way up, making it damned easy to find for a while.
Here's a tip for those buying micron wheels from a needle exchange...read and show up early on their use by date.
Point out they're expired and they'll likely give you the rest of the box free.

On a side note, I have to inject my stock with 5 in 1 vaccine subcutaneously. It is quite easy to miss your skin " tent" and push the viscous liquid into the dermis resulting in a lump that doesn't go away.
If you don't have a local needle exchange, most cities will have several medical supply shops selling syringes, needles, filters and swabs
Junkie supermarkets.
If you're way out of town most rural supply stores will order your favourite size syringe and needles,(They may be labelled as vet use, but they're still sterile)
(Assuming you don't want boxes labelled "syringes" in your mailbox)
DON'T FORGET TO SWAB YOURSELF BEFORE PUNCHING HOLES !
What does all this mean? Transfer syringe, drawn to detent, point up in a cup, learn thr right pressure? Im extremely confused lol. I've been IV'ing 15 years and clueless to what your talking about. I just put my drugs in a spoon/cooker, add water, heat it up with a flame, toss in a piece of cig filter or q-tip, suck it up, and voila

What does all this mean? Transfer syringe, drawn to detent, point up in a cup, learn thr right pressure? Im extremely confused lol. I've been IV'ing 15 years and clueless to what your talking about. I just put my drugs in a spoon/cooker, add water, heat it up with a flame, toss in a piece of cig filter or q-tip, suck it up, and voila
I can't decipher the post either, but the overall message of remembering to swab before injecting is a good message, so there's that at least

I’ve been looking for a place like this for such a long time!!! I can’t ever find the correct thing on a google search!!!
So when Ive done an injection, I’ll get a return in the syringe but when I push it a bump comes up like I’m missing it. But I’ll redraw again and still get a return. Sometimes it does move, so I’ll keep trying to find a return and even when I get a return the whole time, it STILL causes a big bump like I missed the whole thing basically! It’s driving me crazy!! I’ve wasted so many bags with that happening, and I know it’s so bad for my skin too. I believe if you do that on purpose it’s called skin popping…? But I’ve never actually wanted to do that. So just asking if anyone has had some experience with that and maybe opinions on how to not have it happen.

Last edited:
I’ve been looking for a place like this for such a long time!!! I can’t ever find the correct thing on a google search!!!
So when Ive done an injection, I’ll get a return in the syringe but when I push it a bump comes up like I’m missing it. But I’ll redraw again and still get a return. Sometimes it does move, so I’ll keep trying to find a return and even when I get a return the whole time, it STILL causes a big bump like I missed the whole thing basically! It’s driving me crazy!! I’ve wasted so many bags with that happening, and I know it’s so bad for my skin too. I believe if you do that on purpose it’s called skin popping…? But I’ve never actually wanted to do that. So just asking if anyone has had some experience with that and maybe opinions on how to not have it happen.
Yes this happens to me very often as well. I’ve read tons on this and from what I’ve gathered you are getting a return because you are in the vein but you’ve more than likely gone all the way through the vein. You will still get a return but since you poked all the way through the vein whatever you are injecting is being pushed in past the vein.

That does make sense... Especially because it’s being done on pretty small veins. Ran out of good places long ago.😑 It also bothers me because some of the places I miss at get a blister on it, and that blister eventually pops, even on their own and then it turns into basically a hole that, depending on size, takes months to heal, and there have been a couple that were pretty big…. 🫤 So it’s the missing and having the huge bump, PLUS dealing with the blister and ugly, gross looking wound that comes after. And this is something that started happening after 10 years… Never had it before and then it just started randomly.

That does make sense... Especially because it’s being done on pretty small veins. Ran out of good places long ago.😑 It also bothers me because some of the places I miss at get a blister on it, and that blister eventually pops, even on their own and then it turns into basically a hole that, depending on size, takes months to heal, and there have been a couple that were pretty big…. 🫤 So it’s the missing and having the huge bump, PLUS dealing with the blister and ugly, gross looking wound that comes after. And this is something that started happening after 10 years… Never had it before and then it just started randomly.
That holes can lead to infection that can kill you ya know? And fucking up not a lot more than making that hole can led to amputations or death. One of reasons why I never got into I.V. use.

Lots of bad things can happen, yes I’m aware. I’m obviously asking because I wanted to figure out how to not have that happen…. Not like I’m doing it on purpose. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Lots of bad things can happen, yes I’m aware. I’m obviously asking because I wanted to figure out how to not have that happen…. Not like I’m doing it on purpose. 🤦🏻‍♀️
At least start using micron filters. You're in USA right? You sure your dope doesn't have some flesh eating drugs?

Hello everyone so I’ve had this one vein that’s been hard for a while now. Not the whole vein but a part of it. But it seems like all the sudden it starts ti get even harder and more of the vein seems to be hard. Should I be concerned about this? Also it seems like my knees are becoming randomly bruised and sometimes and like legit ice cold to touch does anyone know what that could mean? Any input is greatly appreciated. Sorry for posting this in multiple forums I bust want to get as many different opinions as I can

:? really, never heard that before
I'm not able to understand this one. Can anyone be so kind as to explain how you can be your own vector ( terminology?) whilst transmitting a disease from** and also to** yourself that you don't even have before giving it to yourself??? I am so confused