• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

ß-methyl-N-isobutyl amphetamine

fastbre4k

Greenlighter
Hey, i am new to this forum and here's my first question.

would be ß-methyl-4-isobutyl-amphetamine active ?

i have no idea how drugs work in the human body - but i know how to make them 8)

and jea i mean isobutyl on 4. position of the ring and not on the N (sry mistake in the headline)

Probably not, bulky p-alkyl substituents on amphetamines are no good, combine with an extra methyl @ B carbon and it's gonna be a clunky adrenergic mess

p.s. how you get from ibuprofen to the amphetamine is a non trivial exercise... count the carbons and youll see you are short 1for a real amphetamine

it's possible, it's just like Phenylacetic acid

just thought - from ibuprofen - would be easy to make

so this drug would be not a good one . ok understand

thank you for your reply !

Reduce acid to alcohol, then Wagner-Meerwein followed by Wacker oxidation and finally reductive amination, and voila. Still gotta get rid off the isobutyl group though.

I would be willing to try this

1-(4-isobutylphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

in the name of scientific progress, but the beta-methyl's a no-go.

I dont see the point youd have to pretty skilled to do this. Maybe if u where shuligin

just Ibuprofen with acetic anhydride..

and than reductive amination.

but another question :

what would be the activity of this molecule
download.png

MDMB is a downgrade from MDMA, butylone a downgrade from methylone etc, I highly doubt alpha-ethylphenethylamine would be very exciting, too mild.

^Indeed, it seems that alkyl chains on the a-carbon are worthless besides methyl (except in some instances, propyl - but never ethyl or isopropyl). There are some cyclized derivatives which show potential, though tricky-to-prepare (a-cyclopropyl, etc)

Now, in the vein of a cyclopropyl group, but with better feasibility, are the a-phenyl phenylethylamines. Otherwise known as diarylamines.

Structurally a very versatile group, lab friendly, and largely untapped IMHO.

Just because the main candidates at the moment are predominantly dissociative in nature, does not mean the class is solely an introspective one.

We have opioid, DAT, and NMDAR goldmines to explore there in the future, you can bet the farm on that.

Last edited:
"you can bet the farm on that"

All the low hanging fruit has been picked.

A number of anoretics with a beta-methyl have been patented. If I recall correctly, they were all weaker and one noticeably increased urine production. I think every single variation has been patented at some time because diet pills were 'blockbusters' in the 50s & 60s.