Rap beef thread v. RIP Drake

deficiT

Sr. Moderator: NSADD, DC, & TDS
Staff member
So, for those who live under a rock, Kendrick Lamar and Drake have been having a pretty serious rap battle. Last night, Drake releases a track and gets super personal... Not even Thirty mins later... Kendrick drops an absolute nuclear warhead destroying Drake and a lot of fucked up shit about the industry.... Holy smokes! All time classic diss track for sure.

Are there any other Rap beef or diss tracks you like?

Okay, but I miss the days of Old School Rap, Run DMC, LL Cool J, Beastie Boys ect. I used to find rap beefs amusing, but now I realize it is usually a way to get free promotion. Sorry, I am just mad that the music industry is dead.

Okay, but I miss the days of Old School Rap, Run DMC, LL Cool J, Beastie Boys ect. I used to find rap beefs amusing, but now I realize it is usually a way to get free promotion. Sorry, I am just mad that the music industry is dead.
Kendrick Lamar is a Pulitzer prize winner... Pretty universally renowned. Sure, it's a way to get free press I guess.

Drake just got exposed as a psychopath with ties to sex traffickers though... If that's not interesting or worthwhile, idk what is.

Yea Kendrick is a phenomenal lyricist, easily one of the best

Runs circles around Beastie boys and LL cool j imo

Licensed to ill? And so much great stuff from LL?
Kendrick Lamar is a Pulitzer prize winner... Pretty universally renowned. Sure, it's a way to get free press I guess.

Drake just got exposed as a psychopath with ties to sex traffickers though... If that's not interesting or worthwhile, idk what is.
Had no idea about Drake, I just thought he was a just a lame ass wannabe who couldn't write his own lyrics.
The psychopath and sex trafficking is news to me. I will have to look into that; really sex trafficking, I hate people who exploit others, especially in that way.
Sorry I am just mad because I am old, and I like buying cds and I hate the greed and the financial exploitation that goes on with the streaming music scam.

Yes, Drake is very clearly like an industry plant. Corporate ass rapper that makes dance/pop music, trying to act hard, while he's grooming underage girls. I like old rap too, but honestly, Kendrick is one of the greatest ever. Definitely channels both gangsta rap and conscious rap in a very innovative way that no older artist could really approach...I'm normally an east coast guy but Drake is a fucking dweeb lol...

Hopefully Drake is the next to go down... A la R Kelly, or Diddy... Kendrick hints at this in the song. Basically wrote like personal letters to Drake, and his parents for six minutes and just gets murderous at the end... It was brutal. If you listen to Drake's track in comparison... It just doesn't hit the same... Also probably lies and shit too, or shit that's Kendricks already said.

Euphoria from Lamar was so dope and he hinted that there was another diss record on deck...I just found out that drake dropped family matters but had no idea Kdot dropped a new diss record...shits getting dicey and Kendrick WILL win this. Maybe Jcole could be a decent contender but Aubrey digging his own grave you can't beat Kung fu kenny...Eminem could though, but he wouldn't bc they on the same team and Shady won't diss drake bc "he did something that involved protecting my daughter during his show, so drake will always be in my good graces".

I personally loved Eminems hidden diss track on D12's Devils Night..,song called "girls" for limp biscuit or really for dj lethal and Fred durst rather. But shady has countless tracks that shut they fucking mouth. And that's just insults..imagine if he had the task of throwing down his hardest bars OUCH

Euphoria from Lamar was so dope and he hinted that there was another diss record on deck...I just found out that drake dropped family matters but had no idea Kdot dropped a new diss record...shits getting dicey and Kendrick WILL win this. Maybe Jcole could be a decent contender but Aubrey digging his own grave you can't beat Kung fu kenny...Eminem could though, but he wouldn't bc they on the same team and Shady won't diss drake bc "he did something that involved protecting my daughter during his show, so drake will always be in my good graces".

I personally loved Eminems hidden diss track on D12's Devils Night..,song called "girls" for limp biscuit or really for dj lethal and Fred durst rather. But shady has countless tracks that shut they fucking mouth. And that's just insults..imagine if he had the task of throwing down his hardest bars OUCH
Everyone of Kendricks albums is an all time classic and is genre and music bending... Meanwhile I probably couldn't name a Drake album or hit song, even though he's an all time high selling artist. They are just not in the same category as artists.

And yeah I like J Cole a lot too, but yeah he was smart staying out of this cause Kendrick ain't playing lol. This is definitely brutal in comparison to other rap battles haha.

Okay, but I miss the days of Old School Rap, Run DMC, LL Cool J, Beastie Boys ect. I used to find rap beefs amusing, but now I realize it is usually a way to get free promotion.
Nothing has changed, rivalries are used to generate profit in many industries. The East-West coast beefs of the 90's certainly generated millions for those involved.

Sorry, I am just mad that the music industry is dead.
The music industry isn't dead in the slightest, but record labels juice the FUCK out of musicians that sign on, while it is simultaneously nearly impossible to gain a hint of recognition without signing to one.

Production/library music has become oligarchized by companies like DeWolfe music that have sprawling catalogs of cheap industry grade music, also making it nearly impossible for production music composers to make any sort of money without signing a contract.

Damn. K.dot is killing drake. I have to say I'm biased because I always liked Kendrick a lot more. Just listened to "Meet the Grahams" and yup, straight murderous. Basically telling drake he should drop dead. The delivery is so calm and calculated too.

Ok, deficiT, that was on a whole other level. You were right, I just assumed it was the same type of thing that so much of what has gone on in the last 20 or so years. You were right, 😔

Here's another classic Kendrick freestyle from 2013

He's just a fucking beast...

Damn. K.dot is killing drake. I have to say I'm biased because I always liked Kendrick a lot more. Just listened to "Meet the Grahams" and yup, straight murderous. Basically telling drake he should drop dead. The delivery is so calm and calculated too.
Yeah, I have been a huge Kendrick fan since 2012 when good kid mad city came out... Listened to that album all the time driving around delivering pizzas and getting high and drunk, one of the best... Follow albums hit just as good.

Ok, deficiT, that was on a whole other level. You were right, I just assumed it was the same type of thing that so much of what has gone on in the last 20 or so years. You were right, 😔
Haha glad you check it out! I keep listening to it lol

The music industry isn't dead in the slightest, but record labels juice the FUCK out of musicians that sign on, while it is simultaneously nearly impossible to gain a hint of recognition without signing to one.

Production/library music has become oligarchized by companies like DeWolfe music that have sprawling catalogs of cheap industry grade music, also making it nearly impossible for production music composers to make any sort of money without signing a contract.
Bullshit, there has been not much at all good in hard rock, rock, metal and the sub genres for a long time. The streaming music is bs. I want cd's, and cds of decent rock bands and other genres. Vinyl outsells cd's. Music stores are gone and the lack of any good new rock is proof of that. All those views and listening to on streaming services? Not much in the way of good new music. I like rock and various sub genres. Also some old school rap. But there is nothing left of the music business but a few rap pop stars.