• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

🍄 Gardening 🍄 Has anyone tried to grow their own poppies??

JokerZ

Greenlighter
I ask this Because I
Feel like i've been put In a desperate situation and I would think this would be safer than going to the streets.
My pain clinic has closed and I am a legitimate Chronic pain sufferer of twenty years.
I have taken oxycodone and it helps my pain. There is nobody around my rural area Who is going to prescribe this to me thanks to the DEA Scaring every Doctor shitless
In prescribing opioid.

Yeah there are threads on it here. But better off, try reddit, look for the sub reddit called r/druggardening.

Bottom line, they can be grown, but you would need a large field to guarantee regular access. And yes, I've grown them but mainly indoors (which is extremely impractical, I was doing it for the fun of it, but it doesn't make sense). Poppy plants don't produce a ton of poppy pods and you need a fair amount of pods per dose. One could easily use half a plant per dose or more, probably more like 1 plant per dose if it's outdoor grown.

Say you need 2 plants worth of pods per day? How are you realistically going to grow nearly 1000 poppy plants reliably, every year? And the withdrawal from opium is up there with methadone in terms of painful, long-lasting withdrawal syndromes.

In anycase, growing a personal supply of opium can be done if you are smart/good with plants, have alot of land, no neighbors, and alot of time. But I feel like a person likely to pull such a thing off would be the type of person to have conducted research (rather than just ask about). So technically, it's possible, but it isn't particularly easy to grow a daily supply. And if you get caught growing that many poppies, the police will overreact and make a big deal out of it, and throw some heavy charges at you.

I mean look at the unbelievable overreaction in this case, where the cops claimed an acre of poppies was a $500 million drug bust (when in reality it might be worth $30,000)

^^ A field would be nice. But everything grows better indoors. Greenhouses are optimal. Just guessing but I would choose a greenhouse. And some experience. lol. <3

but yeah let us know.

iv got seedlings going now, you want to plant early autumn. into seedling mix in an egg carton or something.

have it in somewhere that gets decent direct sun. keep soil moist.

when the seedlings are looking like 2-3 inches tall, have like 4-5 plants every 30 cms transplanted into garden patch with good soil. (manure and compost worked into the soil beforehand.

keep soil moist, give compost during veg.
put hay on soil when they are established abit.

super fun and easy plant to grow.

Great replies thank you.
I have eighty acres, However it is prairie pasture type.
I like the idea of a greenhouse.
I've watched documentaries on it and it does take a ton of Poppies and by the time you boil it down to where it needs to be, You've got maybe a tablespoon of resin ha.

Updated to add the Gardening prefix 🤟

Carry on

The DEA produced a great pamphlet about poppy cultivation and processing. You'd be surprised at the average yield per acre.
The 1/4 acre I planted last year had all the pods chewed off.. presumably by rats judging by the tooth marks.

I can say this, you may not grow enough to support a habit. But you can grow enough for the times one would need a pain med and doctors won't give them. I grew enough once for about 8-9 doses and put them aside. Similar to putting away like 50 oxys for when needed.

Poppies will be starting to grow all over in the US soon. I once saw a beautiful garden right in front of the town Firehouse. Most people don't know the average red poppy (that you can buy seeds off the rack) are opium poppies. I also once grew a plant from bagel seeds. Most did not sprout but I got one to sprout years ago.

I am curious though as to the indoor operation Negrogesic had set up at one point. Sounds very successful! Mine were outdoor and average potency. But 5 of those pods felt like 50 mgs of oxy. Good to have around for when needed.

iv got seedlings going now, you want to plant early autumn. into seedling mix in an egg carton or something.

have it in somewhere that gets decent direct sun. keep soil moist.

when the seedlings are looking like 2-3 inches tall, have like 4-5 plants every 30 cms transplanted into garden patch with good soil. (manure and compost worked into the soil beforehand.

keep soil moist, give compost during veg.
put hay on soil when they are established abit.

super fun and easy plant to grow.
^^ A field would be nice. But everything grows better indoors. Greenhouses are optimal. Just guessing but I would choose a greenhouse. And some experience. lol. <3

but yeah let us know.
Careful, you can get up to 20 years in federal prison for cultivation and manufacturing; according to a gardening website. Also up to a million dollar fine.

Careful, you can get up to 20 years in federal prison for cultivation and manufacturing; according to a gardening website. Also up to a million dollar fine.
i just have a cottage garden which isn’t visible from the street.

the law in my country is that it is legal to grow, illegal to extract and use the opium

Oh, so your not an American. It is weird some people grow them here( a few) for decoration, and nothing happens, but if you are here and cultivating, it could mean big trouble. But you know your country and the risks. If it is for personal use and you what to risk it, then that is your choice.
Depending on how big the garden is, you will want to consider risk vs yield of the opium.
Honestly, opium is not nearly as bad as many legal drugs, but also you should have some bribe money ready, if you live in a developing country.
Poorly paid foreign cops are easy to bribe from what I have read.

They can be grown properly inside with success in the right setup.

Just becareful growing em outdoor unless you have land. Be poppys all over the place.

American here....
I was just wanting a small yield... Personal use...
But yeah, like everything else here in the land of the "free" 😠
Gotta watch out for the legalities...
Thanks for the good feedback guys

American here....
I was just wanting a small yield... Personal use...
But yeah, like everything else here in the land of the "free" 😠
Gotta watch out for the legalities...
Thanks for the good feedback guys
Grow in a tent setup for poppies..