• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Quitting Cigarettes

That's awesome. I just started champix again. When I'm high I can chain smoke.

Cocaethylene is tied with oxycodone as my all-time favorite high.
Those days are over for me but sometimes I sure miss that feeling.
I'm a fraud. I don't even love it enough to search it out. I just do enjoy the fuck out of it on the rare occasion I get me some.

60 DAYS, NO CIGARETTES!

And I don't miss them at all! Still splitting my nicotine intake between gum & vaping.

I'm finding it a little harder to wean off the vaping than I'd expected. So I just switched pods from 5.0% nicotine to 2.4% in an effort to make the vape less appealing. It's working. I'm starting to prefer the gum (4%).

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and support.

Y'all Rock.

Good job dude. Clicked on page 4 after reading first page hoping to see you had stuck at it, and its great to see you have!!

I quit smoking, kind of, a year or so ago. I vape now. I smoke a tiny bit of tobacco with weed most days still though. But I dont smoke cigarettes anymore. Its weird.. I just.. didn't want to smoke anymore one day and found it quite easy to do despite trying to quit several times in my life. The taste of a strait cigarette now to me is really gross. I'll do it out of absolute desperation if I've lost my vape and I'm somewhere remote. But I can only bring myself to smoke like a third of it before I'm grossed out and regret it.

I didn't find quitting oxy that hard, or alcohol when I got mildly addicted to both of those. I just stopped when I felt like it was getting out of hand and felt bad for a week. Cigarettes I feel never give you that 'oh shit this is getting out of hand', or at least not until its late in life and you have seen a bunch of family die like you have. Its not as instantly 'bad' as other drugs so you can just drag the addiction out for a long time without it really getting to you.

Do you plan on quitting nicotine entirely? Personally I can't see myself ever giving it up. I feel at this point in my life I have so much owed to nicotine in terms of productivity that if I stopped my world would fall apart lol. I am convinced it is the best brain/cognitive enhancing drug on planet earth. That might just be the nicotine talking though.

I've been off of tobacco for over a year now. It definitely gets better, but the PAWS are still there sometimes. Like I'll just have a random thought about how good it would be to have a cigarette, just like out of nowhere. Can take years to fully go away, but it's totally worth it!

Do you plan on quitting nicotine entirely?
Maybe.

But I'm not in any hurry to try. If I can ditch the vape pen entirely and the gum continues to be free of unwanted side effects, I really don't know why I'd quit unless I just get tired of it.

One thing's for sure-- I am done with tobacco.
Honestly, I never thought I'd be able to say that!

It disgusts me to admit I was smoking shorts the past few days from around the streets (cutting the mouthpiece partly off probably doesn't make it hygienic like what's inside it doesn't rot one from the inside out) and thinking of hacking a disposable with a cut phone cord putting wires to the battery since I am a broke joke 🤣 (not technically rechargeable?) now I have sobered up enough to not want to keep nicotine in my system once this little vape dies it really is not a drug I can indulge and expect to stay clean from preferable fixes not something I should cry about that is amazing progress quitting smoking it only gets far better the longer it is out your system