Mental Health Coming off Invega/Xeplion (paliperidone) injections v 8.0

Does anyone struggle with inability to concentrate? It’s been almost 4 months since I stopped Invega Sustenna and I still am restless and struggle to focus on things for more than a minute. Does anyone have any advice?
Give yourself time. The ability to concentrate fully won't be quite there for some more months (at least in my case) but it will gradually come back

Looking back at my recovery progress, it took me like 11 months to be back at 95% of my pre-invega concentration levels and currently I'm at the peak of my life thanks to staying off injections for long enough and also doing lots of brain stimulating/training activity like exercising, eating healthy and sleeping well

On the last thing: I know some people, myself included, had a really strong insomnia that basically prevents you from sleeping altogether for the first few months. If that's the case you can try a few supplements (I took a few myself at the beginning, though in hindsight I'm not sure they were of that much help). it *will* be really rough in the beginning but I promise that also gets better over a lenghty period of time

Last edited:
I'm still struggling with the idea that I got TD with one starter dose at 256mg as I am still struggling with light body tremors, lack of coordination, and slight twitching 253 days later. Is this my body shaking out the drug or is this permement TD? It's honestly fucking with me, I was a vibrant athlete before this injection and now it's a struggle to walk down the side walk.

Is anyone else dealing with a lack of coordination?

I was wondering if anybody who's suffering from this discontinuation syndrome has tried dopamine agonists like MDMA, methamphetamine, in very low doses.

The reason I ask is because the phenomena of sensitization to the subjective and behavioral effects of dopamine agonists is real.

It usually happens when lower doses are taken once a day or once every other day instead of users that chronically abuse the drug all day long.

There's evidence that small doses and when I say small I mean 20 mg 30 mg taken in an intermittent pattern of a day or a few days apart. Can potentiate the action of the dopamine receptors and it instigates a much greater response to the same dose or even less.

Perhaps that's a way to Kickstart your dopamine receptors.

I was wondering if anybody who's suffering from this discontinuation syndrome has tried dopamine agonists like MDMA, methamphetamine, in very low doses.

The reason I ask is because the phenomena of sensitization to the subjective and behavioral effects of dopamine agonists is real.

It usually happens when lower doses are taken once a day or once every other day instead of users that chronically abuse the drug all day long.

There's evidence that small doses and when I say small I mean 20 mg 30 mg taken in an intermittent pattern of a day or a few days apart. Can potentiate the action of the dopamine receptors and it instigates a much greater response to the same dose or even less.

Perhaps that's a way to Kickstart your dopamine receptors.
Maybe I should try MDMA

I don't know, is MDMA a synthetic drug?
The basic compound that contains the backbone for the drug is actually derived from sassafras oil.

They don't actually use saffrole much anymore because it's on the watch list. Most of the ecstasy chemists use MDP2P or PMK glycidate. And methylamine

Not natural, unlike Marijuana for example which is natural.
MDMA is not a naturally occurring substance

But neither is naproxen sodium. Lots of antibiotics.

Please don't say that natural drugs are somehow better than synthetic drugs for people because that's not scientifically accurate. It literally has no basis in science.

I rather stay away from it then.
You really don't believe that natural drugs are better for you because they're natural, do you?

Chemistry is chemistry. It doesn't matter if the plant or an animal or a microbe or a scientist in a laboratory makes the chemical. That's not what determines whether it's good for you or not.

It's how the chemical interacts with the human body.

Because marijuana causes psychosis, an increased incidence of schizophrenia in heavy users, marijuana hyperemesis disorder, anxiety, paranoia, and a bunch of other negative effects to all kinds of people.

But it's somehow better than a chemical that was synthesized in the laboratory?

I feel so gross today. I feel completey numb and empty— literally. Nothing gives me pleasure. Not food. Not video games.

I’m supposed to be going out to eat tonight and having a Super Bowl event to look forward to, but im not looking forward to the events because I feel dead on the inside—just existing.

I wake up every day like this. I don’t know how it’s possible to continue living life like this or how any one managed to survive post-Invega shots.

I feel so gross today. I feel completey numb and empty— literally. Nothing gives me pleasure. Not food. Not video games.

I’m supposed to be going out to eat tonight and having a Super Bowl event to look forward to, but im not looking forward to the events because I feel dead on the inside—just existing.

I wake up every day like this. I don’t know how it’s possible to continue living life like this or how any one managed to survive post-Invega shots.
Since you're suffering from side effects due to dopamine and serotonin antagonism, Have you tried to take a dopamine and serotonin agonist like ecstasy?

I understand that the reasons people are on the medication is for schizophrenia and or schizoaffective disorder, so I know it may be difficult to think about taking another psychoactive medication. But if your life is so horrible and without pleasure, one recreational dose of MDMA is not neurotoxic and depending on the psych meds you're on, You may actually have a good experience or it may be completely dampened I don't know what you're on.