Mental Health Coming off Invega (Paliperidone, Xeplion) injections v. 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you appreciate life more now you are recovered? All that’s getting me through is the idea that this will all be worth it in the end
Yes absolutely. Very happy to be alive right now, *especially* after the hell I've been through because of the injections. I also completely lost the joys and pleasures of life entirely the first few months off and really thought I wouldn't make it until I somehow stuck with it and things sloooowly started getting better again
First, thank you for what you are doing. I received 4 injections of Xeplion, with each one my creativity, imagination and intelligence would immediately disappear, it would return in a week, but to a much lower level than I had, until with the fourth it disappeared completely. So I became unable to do anything that was either fun or work in my life. I fell into despair and now I live in it. That's my story in short. Has Invega taken away your creativity, imagination and intelligence? After how many months did you first feel any improvement? Did you take any other APs during recovery? What do you think contributed most to your recovery from what you were doing at the time?

If only it were a rule that everyone would recover in a maximum of 2 years.
-Yes. Invega *totally* did quite the damage to my brain functions: thinking became very hard and I couldn't imagine things at all, as well as being unable to just process things as well as before, doing maths became incredibly hard and critical thinking/decision making also became a lot worse

-First tangible signs of improvement started at like 3 months off. Said improvements were *very* small though and it only started getting slooowly better from there, like I still wasn't completely recovered even 12 months off (though I was well functioning by that point)

at 13/14 months off is when I considered myself completely recovered and life became normal again, I'd even say I'm better now than I was pre-injection because of the experience such hell gave me

-I believe the biggest helper in my recovery was sticking to a healthy regimen that would have been easy to follow even for someone as crippled as I was on Invega/Xeplion
Said regimen involved taking 1 hour of easy walking every day, controlling meal portions and eating greens and fruits (mostly blueberries and kiwis but even apples, bananas and pretty much all of them are good) and doing a few activities like watching TV shows (even if I didn't enjoy watching them due to the injections taking that away) and then trying to remember the plot of each episode just to keep my memory well-trained until it became natural again

I also took a few supplements especially to help with sleep but the benefit of taking those wasn't nearly as good and only temporary (still worth trying a few of them if you need to feel even just 1% better)

I would also like to add that allegedly younger people (in the teens/20s) tend to recover faster than those in the 30+ range but in the end anyone is going to make it as long as you keep yourself alive and actively try to improve your situation even if you don't feel any reward from doing it

What’s sad is I was the happiest I had ever been during my psychosis. Until they drugged me against my free will and made the the complete opposite. They didn’t help me at all. Being suicidal is far worse than being psychotic
What’s sad is I was the happiest I had ever been during my psychosis. Until they drugged me against my free will and made the the complete opposite. They didn’t help me at all. Being suicidal is far worse than being psychotic
u wanna talk on the phone? I’m all ears and feel like it might help to connect with others

Yes absolutely. Very happy to be alive right now, *especially* after the hell I've been through because of the injections. I also completely lost the joys and pleasures of life entirely the first few months off and really thought I wouldn't make it until I somehow stuck with it and things sloooowly started getting better again

-Yes. Invega *totally* did quite the damage to my brain functions: thinking became very hard and I couldn't imagine things at all, as well as being unable to just process things as well as before, doing maths became incredibly hard and critical thinking/decision making also became a lot worse

-First tangible signs of improvement started at like 3 months off. Said improvements were *very* small though and it only started getting slooowly better from there, like I still wasn't completely recovered even 12 months off (though I was well functioning by that point)

at 13/14 months off is when I considered myself completely recovered and life became normal again, I'd even say I'm better now than I was pre-injection because of the experience such hell gave me

-I believe the biggest helper in my recovery was sticking to a healthy regimen that would have been easy to follow even for someone as crippled as I was on Invega/Xeplion
Said regimen involved taking 1 hour of easy walking every day, controlling meal portions and eating greens and fruits (mostly blueberries and kiwis but even apples, bananas and pretty much all of them are good) and doing a few activities like watching TV shows (even if I didn't enjoy watching them due to the injections taking that away) and then trying to remember the plot of each episode just to keep my memory well-trained until it became natural again

I also took a few supplements especially to help with sleep but the benefit of taking those wasn't nearly as good and only temporary (still worth trying a few of them if you need to feel even just 1% better)

I would also like to add that allegedly younger people (in the teens/20s) tend to recover faster than those in the 30+ range but in the end anyone is going to make it as long as you keep yourself alive and actively try to improve your situation even if you don't feel any reward from doing it
What were your social interactions like? My social skills are completely gone. Did you lose your personality and ability to converse?

Also so happy you recovered. Good job for staying strong. You’ve given me and I’m sure many others hope we can beat this monster of a drug ❤️

What were your social interactions like? My social skills are completely gone. Did you lose your personality and ability to converse?

Also so happy you recovered. Good job for staying strong. You’ve given me and I’m sure many others hope we can beat this monster of a drug ❤️
Socializing became a lot harder because yeah I lost the personality I had and the words I would usually say to people just wouldn't come out of my mind

I was very lucky I had one real good friend who actually understood my situation and helped me out by sticking around despite everything

With time my social skills came back and now I'm my good old self again. The ability to converse comes back like everything else does, it just takes really long but when it finally happens it's the best feeling ever

Similar experience. I was looking for a direction in life for a long time and finally I earned it with hard work and was happy like never in my life, but some time later I had psychosis and I would have endured it but unfortunately I got Xeplion and it ruined my whole life. You come to psychiatrists for help and they ruin your life.

Problem with being psychotic unnoticed is you may harm somebody in a state of madness. This disease is no joke and they give us this elephant tranquilizer because they fear we will hurt somebody. This is why I fear a relapse because we will be treated like latent killers. I hope I have enough insight to realize it’s my illness if I get paranoid again

Problem with being psychotic unnoticed is you may harm somebody in a state of madness. This disease is no joke and they give us this elephant tranquilizer because they fear we will hurt somebody. This is why I fear a relapse because we will be treated like latent killers. I hope I have enough insight to realize it’s my illness if I get paranoid again
Can you get high again

I was so devastated by Xeplion that for 3 months I just sat at home in an armchair, ate ice cream, and often cried. I ate ice cream because only in that moment while it lasted would I feel like things were okay or would be okay. Now, slowly in the fourth month, I'm coming to my senses that I can make better decisions and eat healthier.

You probably didn't take other APs during recovery?

Similar experience. I was looking for a direction in life for a long time and finally I earned it with hard work and was happy like never in my life, but some time later I had psychosis and I would have endured it but unfortunately I got Xeplion and it ruined my whole life. You come to psychiatrists for help and they ruin your life.
Yeah. Things were finally good in my life apart from the psychosis and this shit happens. I hope we get our lives back

My psychiatrist only took me off the injections because it gave me a severe restless leg. If my leg didn’t shake i would still be on them no matter what i told her. Straight away I experienced anhedonia, nausea, anxiety, difficulty sleeping, cognitive issues, zero personality, extreme fatigue. It fried my brain completely
How are your shots 150 and 75? Loading doses are 234 then 156

I hope it come back for you. I am getting off injections tomorrow and really want to eventually feel high
I could get high 18 months after injection, but the thought patterns I had reminded me so much of psychosis that I avoid it completely from then on - cannabis can cause psychosis
Yep. Now i feel like my life has been destroyed. Never been more suicidal. I want my psychiatrist to take an injection of this poison.
It will be okay. Just hold on. Lots of people are here for you and know what you're going through and it will get better. Losing Merek really fucked with all of us & please don't lose anyone else
I was psychotic for months before my first shot and although you do feel euphoric at first the longer it goes on the more those good feelings turn into bad feelings and it can really fuck up your life too. I lost my car and almost lost my kids when I made a cross country trip while psychotic, panhandling my way halfway across the US. Psychosis is no joke either , for me meds are not the answer but you do have to deal with it in some way even if it's just therapy or a life / perspective change

Can you get high again
I get high but no euphoria. Only anxiety and paranoia. Think I’m done with smoking weed for good it’s too risky. I never smoked before the shot anyways. I can feel alcohol if I drink enough.

The reason why some people fear we never recover is because these drugs aren’t only meant to treat mental illness, it’s to make us less «dangerous» to society. They don’t give forced injections unless they believe you’re a threat. They say the benefits outweigh the risks, (maybe) meaning they don’t care if we get damaged as long as society is safe. I hate to admit it but weed and alcohol may never be the same again. I hope I’m wrong.

I personally have gotten alot better and believe in a full recovery.

I could get high 18 months after injection, but the thought patterns I had reminded me so much of psychosis that I avoid it completely from then on - cannabis can cause psychosis

It will be okay. Just hold on. Lots of people are here for you and know what you're going through and it will get better. Losing Merek really fucked with all of us & please don't lose anyone else

I was psychotic for months before my first shot and although you do feel euphoric at first the longer it goes on the more those good feelings turn into bad feelings and it can really fuck up your life too. I lost my car and almost lost my kids when I made a cross country trip while psychotic, panhandling my way halfway across the US. Psychosis is no joke either , for me meds are not the answer but you do have to deal with it in some way even if it's just therapy or a life / perspective change
So you felt euphoria that we are all lacking right now?

I get high but no euphoria. Only anxiety and paranoia. Think I’m done with smoking weed for good it’s too risky. I never smoked before the shot anyways. I can feel alcohol if I drink enough.

The reason why some people fear we never recover is because these drugs aren’t only meant to treat mental illness, it’s to make us less «dangerous» to society. They don’t give forced injections unless they believe you’re a threat. They say the benefits outweigh the risks, (maybe) meaning they don’t care if we get damaged as long as society is safe. I hate to admit it but weed and alcohol may never be the same again. I hope I’m wrong.

I think it might be because you are on xepelion and I’ve seen that people on this can’t get high ever

I think it might be because you are on xepelion and I’ve seen that people on this can’t get high ever
I’ve heard that too. Same with other stims drugs and caffeine. But also heard many people report that it comes back full effect. I don’t know what to believe. Honestly I don’t care. I’m more concerned with alcohol I’ve never been big on weed, but need a drink once in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.