Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (paliperidone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bad Robot You shouldn't use cannabis or any other drug, it will perturb the chemical balance of your neurotransmitters and make you fall into psychosis again when your neuroleptic will be eliminated, be careful during your withdrawal. Avoid those noxious substances and other brain stimulants like aspartame, monosodium glutamate, otherwise you'll have a relapse.

Yeh avoid cannabis...you want the receptors in your brain to connect how they did before the administration of neuroleptics right ? Using cannabis will most likely prolong recovery...

Hey everyone. I have been misdiagnosed with Schizophrenia and i was forced to take xeplion susanna invega 150mg and 100mg they gave me shots in my muscle. now i suffer from panick attacks, crying attacks, pain. its been 8 or 9 months since i got this shot and i havent felt any improvement at all. i am scared that i will have to live with it permanently. I read that a vaccination can stay in your body forever i am afraid that its like a vaccination cause they put toxic in my muscle. could you please help me? did you take xeplion what kind of side effects did you have and are you fine now? how long has it taken you to feel better? thanks for the answer and for your help god bless and take care. tinais itlike a vaccination? cause they give vaccination into the muscle too my fear is that i ll never get better again cause a vaccination is being given in a muscle too...

Thanks guys, not my brightess idea smoking cannabis, just never known depression like this, haven't touched it in a week and I'll try and stay off it, I'll make do with a couple of beers at night just to take the edge off

You should be feeling better at the 8 month mark tina. Are you on any other medication ?

hey bad robot no i am not on another medication well i mam on zopiclone too. that is a sleeping medication i plan to reduce it cause you can get addicted to it. i am so scared that invega is like a vaccination. that it will always stay in the system cause vaccines do that.

Keep calm tina its not a vaccination, its just got a long half life, at 8 months it should all be out of your system, it could be withdrawals and I don't think the zopiclone will be helping, try weed lol

Hi everyone,

First,happy new year to you all. :))

I've been on Xeplion 100 mg (Europen version of Invega Sustenna) 10 months for steroid psychosis,now steroids are completely elliminated from my body.I overcamed psychosis and I'm good,now I've been off from this drug almost 8 months.I have no sex drive,creativity,focus,thinking,energy,memory...etc.At month 4 started signs of improvement.I used smoking weed for 6 years but I stoped for 1 year.I'm can't trying weed for recovery because in Turkey,weed quality is too bad and illegal.THC is most %1-2 and almost no CBD,It is just making paranoid,sleepness and hungry :)) .In 2017 at May I must go to completion military service for 1 year.I hope I will fully recovery to this date.I sitting at home all day and DAMN!! it's really CRAP!!.We are all different,Someone recovered 6 months,someone 7 months,someone 1 year.I hope I will recovery at month 8 nowadays.Is anyone here who recovered at month 8 ?

Later,

How long you been taking zopiclone for?
I've read it has some serious side effects, some related to mood issues (Source drugs.com) it would explain the crying spells..
Tapering it off would be the right thing to do, switch to liquid form and lower the dose by 2 drops every week. I did the job for you and I already seen that unfortunately theres no liquid form of zopiclone so the things are 2 try to take half dose and see if you can sleep if not switch to a similar med, Diazepam will do the trick, get the liquid form and start with a dose relatively similar to the one u on right now since I don't know I can't tell but I'm sure Google will answer your question.. Next lower the dose by 2 drops each week, it will be lenghty but it will be worth it. I'd suggest to talk to your family doctor about your situation be more specific with them and ask for some blood tests to rule out that you don't have something serious going on, and don't panic you'll be alright

Take care
M

Hey Tina,

Did you go to hospital and test how much drug in your blood ?

Last edited:
Antypsychotics piling up in on fat cells,CLENBUTEROL reduces fat and incrase metobolism,maybe it helps eliminate drug faster from body.

My God... What's with the wave of Invega Sustenna victims all of a sudden?

Sounds like an epidemic.

Just speaking from experience here... if anyone is experiencing panic attacks and anxiety from the medication, it could be withdrawal symptoms from stopping the medication. Tina3000, you may need something to cool the withdrawals, if that's what it is. I had some pretty bad withdrawals when I suddenly stopped Risperdal Consta... almost died.

They may not view themselves as God but their actions speak it when countless patients of theirs are getting no better or worse but just stuck in the system waiting fir their next refill.

I dont play God with people. I dont choose who dies and who lives. I give money to a homeless man not take his jacket. Most people dont have authority to make these types of decisions that could be detrimental to someone. But Psychiatrist deal with the needy and they treat them as a customer with no real future or ability to make their own decisions.

I know software development you know wood working. It doesnt mean knowledge proves humanity.

Chances are that their patients who follow the appropriate steps, including taking recommended medication as prescribed, tend to get better.

Psychiatrists are doctors. They've been through years upon years of training, and one of their first principles is to do no harm. Like the chronic pain patient who gets high off opiates and convinces their doctor to increase their dose frequently, psychiatrists don't always make the best judgments, but they're trying to look out for your health. They certainly don't decide if you live or die.

Very decent of you :).

Yeah, it would make sense that because their decisions are so consequential, they would have to be highly qualified (unthinkable amounts of hours dedicated to their study).

It sounds like you've had a negative experience with a psychiatrist. I can relate. I've seen therapists (mostly therapists) and psychiatrists who thought they were better than me and treated me as a lesser human. But not all of them are that way!

I'm not sure how to interpret that last bit. You're right, though. A lot of what it means to be a decent person can never be learned in a classroom.

Coming off Invega Sustenna

My 23 year old son was involuntarily admitted to the hospital for a psychotic episode that frightened his roommates. So they called the police. The police kicked down the door, handcuffed him and forced him into the hospital. A psychiatrist talked my son into taking the shot of 234mg of Invega Sustenna on the 12th of December. It turned out to be the most horrible experience of his life. He was in total dispair and felt like a retarded zombie. He was suicidal. He had to move back in with us to try to come out of it. He thought he was permanently brain damaged.

We went back to the ER because I was afraid he would kill himself. They gave him some Benadryl and told him that nothing would counteract the Invega. His kidneys and liver would have to do that over time.

Together we did some on-line research and came up with a plan to get him better. We found a psychiatrist who was sympathetic. He recommended Prozac to get him through the side effects. That didn't work at all. Then my son and I came up with a list of supplements and other things that might help with the dopamine and seratonin problem caused by the Invega. It seems to be working. He's laughing and joking again - and doing things and not looking miserable. If you're interested, I'll send the list to you. But I must say that it might not help you as much, especially if you've been on Invega for a long time.

I'd just like to encourage you to not lose hope. It's possible to get better.

Last edited:
It's not permanent. My son is coming off it. But the longer you're on it, the longer it takes to get out of your system.

My God... What's with the wave of Invega Sustenna victims all of a sudden?

Sounds like an epidemic.

Lol it's not a wave! It's been a long time that I keep an eye on this thread! And there are much more victims of Invega Sustenna than you think, especially in Europe with the trade name "Xeplion", it's just that most of them don't know english or don't know that Xeplion is the same of Invega Sustenna (paliperidone).

^Wow, what a terrible experience. I'm glad that your son is improving.

I'm merging this thread with the main thread.

Oh my god thank you guys so much for all the responses . you guys are the best! Hilary when did your son get better? after how many months? I have been off 9 months already and i dont feel any improvement.... i read that it can be permanent. especially i was healthy when these doctors gave me that. i got death threats and i told this to the doctors they thought i was psychotic. i am so scared that it never goes away i have zero improvement. pain everywhere. i hate these doctors so much cause of what they did to me. i wish i could turn back the hands of time.

HEy Hilary. When did he get better? after how many months thanks so much for the answer and help god bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.