• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Zyprexa

apology accepted.

never tell someone diagnosed as schizo they arent schizo.... ever again

end of it

goodnight
Sorry, I didn't do that. I said it likely broke out in psychosis, which is usually the peak of schizophrenia. Often before breaking out into psychosis, the illness isn't even apparent to the afflicted.

:( I'm very sorry we got twisted up in this, I fuck up conversations regularly. I just can't talk to people. I should stop trying

Sorry, I didn't do that. I said it likely broke out in psychosis, which is usually the peak of schizophrenia. Often before breaking out into psychosis, the illness isn't even apparent to the afflicted.

:( I'm very sorry we got twisted up in this, I fuck up conversations regularly. I just can't talk to people. I should stop trying

I am no longer angry,

I had psychosis, schizo and HPPD concurrent. Diagnosed with all 3. The schizo lessened over time but I certainly still have it. After 3 years I can assume it's permanent. Doesn't matter. Don't assume you can judge other people based on your own mental illness, though. That's why I was angry.

we can move on now

I wish you well and now I just want and need to sleep.

goodnight/day wherever you are

moving on...

Last edited:
Lets all move on, agreed

Id like to hear more about your experience with lessening of symptoms and what you're currently experiencing day to day Snafu

What APs were you on, what works for you what are some challenges

Lets all move on, agreed

Id like to hear more about your experience with lessening of symptoms and what you're currently experiencing day to day Snafu

What APs were you on, what works for you what are some challenges

I was diagnosed 3 years ago. The first year was sheer hell. Voices, visual hallucinations, everything. I wanted to die. I could barely function. I lost my job and was homeless for several months. My whole world imploded.

After about a year the voices and visuals went away however I am still stuck with auditory "musical hallucinations" and hypnagogic hallucinations.

I will probably have those for the rest of my life.

Imagine getting a song stuck in your head except it's all day long. Starts before you even open your eyes in the morning. It can be weird. For example if I see the word "bad" I will start hearing Micheal Jackson - Bad in my head. It can also be weird creepy shit like my mother's voice singing childhood rhymes. It's incredibly annoying..

When I am tired and close my eyes I have extremely vivid closed eyes hallucinations. It's kinda like dreaming while very much still awake. They are so vivid I have to remind myself my eyes are still closed. I'll also have auditory hallucinations like hearing someone scream very loud next to my ear or I will be startled by very intense tactile sensations of someone jumping on my bed. It happens every night. Oddly benzos, alcohol and other depressants make it worse which doesn't make a lot of sense to me

I stopped taking APs daily 9 months ago. They never helped much anyways.

I am eternally grateful it's not as bad as it was the first year. No more voices or open eyes visuals.

I was on 10mg zyprexa and or 2mg risperdal. I haven't found anything that helps with what I still experience. I've learned to live with it.

I still have transient psychosis even with the zyprexa. Currently tapering that shit. The reason I even started it was because I wasnt ready to face it. Man, half a tab of lsd would have done more than the year Ive been on zyprexa.

Some people really need it, but I hope its not an permanent solution, schizophrenia can be beaten but it requires willingness to be ready and then some.

Like theres 2 levels of weird. Either you laugh at yourself talking to yourself. Or then you listen to the advice.

@December Flower

Sorry I was such a dick I was ridiculously drunk. I meant what I said but usually I'm not such an asshole. Sorry.
That's absolutely fine if we can establish that I never said what you thought I said, that's what really bothers me.
I concluded from your doctor's diagnosis, and did not speak against it.

I said i assume it broke out in psychosis inflicted by the hallucinogen drugs, and until then you were probably able to ignore it (it can be very subtle), but likely had it all your life. I studied medicine & worked as a caretaker, later musical therapist, for 10 years, I really just wanted to help you.

My point was really just that it is genetic, and you could have someone in your family that suffers from mild symptoms - as said it can be very subtle. At the very least it could affect your own children.

All I came to say. Sorry to you, too. You're the one who got hurt. I worked in medicine long enough to have a thick skin.

But you did speak against it and disagree its not schizophrenia.........
That's absolutely fine if we can establish that I never said what you thought I said, that's what really bothers me.

I said i assume it broke out in psychosis inflicted by the hallucinogen drugs, and until then you were probably able to ignore it (it can be very subtle), but likely had it all your life. I studied medicine & worked as a caretaker, later musical therapist, for 10 years, I really just wanted to help you.

My point was really just that it is genetic, and you could have someone in your family that suffers from mild symptoms - as said it can be very subtle. At the very least it could affect your own children.

All I came to say. Sorry to you, too. You're the one who got hurt. I worked in medicine long enough to have a thick skin.
I still do not understand why you feel qualified to diagnose me based on what information I gave. I gave you a very brief synopsis. Not did I ever ask for your opinion.

And no, there is absolutely no psychosis, schizophrenia or any other relevant mental illness on either side of my family spanning 3 generations.

You didn't hurt me, you pissed me off with your impertinence.

I think it's cute you believe you can diagnose me better over the internet based on what I said in a few sentences than a neurologist with 40 years experience who I saw for well over a year. I told that doctor everything. I told you a few sentences....... Hmm

Also wtf is a musical therapist?

I can understand your autism now. Sit down. You're acting like an armchair therapist on an internet forum full of people with mental illness and it doesn't suit you well.

Even if you are genuinely trying to help, you aren't. I'm not hurt, I just think you're a jackass and I'm not so drunk anymore so I really mean it.

Never again try to use whatever stupid experience (and yours sounds stupid) you think you have to rediagnose people based on speculation. You are talking about the worst period of my life. Just stop.

Last edited:
But you did speak against it and disagree its not schizophrenia.........

I still do not understand why you feel qualified to diagnose me based on what information I gave. I gave you a very brief synopsis.

And no, there is absolutely no psychosis, schizophrenia or any other relevant mental illness on either side of my family spanning 3 generations.

You didn't hurt me, you pissed me off with your impertinence.

I think it's cute you believe you can diagnose me better over the internet based on what I said than a neurologist with 40 years experience who I saw for well over a year. I told that doctor everything. I told you a few sentences....... Hmm

Also wtf is a musical therapist?

I can understand your autism now. Sit down. You're acting like an armchair therapist on an internet forum and it doesn't suit you well.

Even if you are genuinely trying to help, you aren't. I'm not hurt, I just think you're a jackass and I'm not so drunk anymore so I really mean it.

Never again try to use whatever stupid experience (and yours sounds stupid) you think you have to rediagnose people based on speculation. You are talking about the worst period of my life. Just stop.
could you please quote where I made a diagnosis, or said it's not schizophrenia?

I'm genuinely interested where you are getting this from. I just said your (diagnosed) schizophrenia likely broke out in psychosis, and that's where you became aware of the condition you might have always had. And the "likely" implies it's a speculation, yes. I just wanted to say it's genetic ffs...

@December Flower

I am truly sorry for some of the things I said towards you. I really am. But please in the future do not speculate about someone's mental illness especially if they don't ask you to.

@December Flower

I do absolutely still feel schizophrenic. It's not to the point where I feel the need to take hard antipsychotics anymore. I'm not even going to get into what I still experience as I have explained it several times in other threads.

I don't understand why you are so resistant to the fact that schizo may be less than permanent. I still have it, but not to the extent the did.

I don't know why you feel like you are qualified to even re-diagnose me.

Do you have schzio???? Maybe that's effecting your opinion here.
How do you still feel schizophrenic, my friend?