• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Zyprexa

poptarts69

Bluelighter
Im having the toughest time coming to terms that I was prescribed this and need it.

I have every bad side effect possible. I instantly gain weight taking this drug. Although it is effective and it allows me to talk really fast.

I don't know what to do.

Ok, I have a lot of questions for you, and really don't want to get too personal if you don't want to get into it.

I also hated zyprexa when I was on it. I know how bad antipsychotics suck.

my first most basic question... is it helping you???

is this your first antipsychotic?

Antipsychotics never really helped me that much. Risperdal had much less side effects to me personally... but it also considered more potent and hardcore vs zyprexa. Everyone has different chemistry.

how long have you been on zyprexa?

the side effects do lessen over time...

my schizophenia was also drug induced, not genetic, and healed over time. I'm special in that I experienced it but also went away over time (mostly... still hallucinate but doesn't bother me)

Yes it helps me with thinking, I can talk really fast and think quicker. I understand it is psychoactive and it keeps mood in check and allows for more greater thought.

I get insane weight gain, half of my face is now droopy / feels paralyzed, I sleep tons heavily, and sometimes it can be obvious I am on a heavy sedative. Ive had people ask if I am on drugs.

No I have tried 6 others. Geodon risperdal vraylar so many the only main one I can't add is seroquel. Might be worth a try if there is less weight gain?

I have been on it since January. I gained 40 pounds in 2 months and keep going up

Do you take anything? What were your symptoms? Would you say you are schizo free now? What do you do to heal?

I just notice the conversations I have while on zyprexa are much different than without it. More logical and mature I guess

I no longer take any antispychotics unless I take too much LSD and want to come down. Only reason I take them now is to cancel psychedelics, and even then I hate taking them because they also spontaneously induce opioid withdrawal and I am somewhat dependant on kratom so I only take them in extreme situations such as I took 500ug LSD and haven't slept in 36 hours... then I might take 10-20mg of zyprexa.... personal to me

All I can say is from both the antipsychotics I tried (used for several month seach total of about a year) zyprexa had the most side effects especially weight gain (10mg/day). Risperdal had way less side effects for me (2mg/day) however I should stress that neither of these drugs really helped me with my type of schizo.

My schizo over time healed and neither drug ever helped me. I was special in that I had drug induced schizo, it was not genetic.

I'm super fucking drunk right now and kinda forgot what I was talking about so help me out if you want more info from me.

my schizophenia was also drug induced, not genetic, and healed over time. I'm special in that I experienced it but also went away over time (mostly... still hallucinate but doesn't bother me)
This is not accurate. Your schizophrenia is genetic, there's no way around it. You're either born susceptible to schizophrenia, or not. What you experienced was likely a drug-induced psychosis. Schizophrenia does not go away, there's no chance it ever will.

This is not accurate. Your schizophrenia is genetic, there's no way around it. You're either born susceptible to schizophrenia, or not. What you experienced was likely a drug-induced psychosis. Schizophrenia does not go away, there's no chance it ever will.

maybe this is why my psych also insisted I was bipolar and also prescribed me adderall (as a schizophrenic????).

He certainly told my I was schizo... but also didn't seem that sure (IN MY OPINION). I was prescribed a myriad of drugs ( over 9 of them)

I don't know any other explanation for my visual and auditory hallucinations other than being schizo. I was not psychotic other than maybe the first week, My symptoms were typical shchizo...

All I know is he was quite knowledgeable both a psychiatrist and neurologist and he certainly diagnosed me with "Drug induced schizophrenia" and treated me for it.

There is absolutely nobody in my immediate or extended family with schizophenia.

I find it hard to believe schizo is purely genetic after my experience.

I just know that I was certainly schizo for a period of about 9 months with lasting effects to this day (3+ years later).

antipsychotics never helped my symptoms

I don't think I'm genetically susceptible to schizophrenia.

Psychosis? huge possibility. If you asked me it was a combination of psychosis, hppd and schizo which both progressed and dissipated over time. The first week or so after my break I can certainly define as psychosis as much of it it completely blacked out from memory.

genetic? I don't know... I would argue with you on that point

can you link any references pertaining to your opinion?

I would further describe my symptoms if you want

maybe this is why my psych also insisted I was bipolar and also prescribed me adderall (as a schizophrenic????).

He certainly told my I was schizo... but also didn't seem that sure (IN MY OPINION). I was prescribed a myriad of drugs ( over 9 of them)

I don't know any other explanation for my visual and auditory hallucinations other than being schizo. I was not psychotic other than maybe the first week, My symptoms were typical shchizo...

All I know is he was quite knowledgeable both a psychiatrist and neurologist and he certainly diagnosed me with "Drug induced schizophrenia" and treated me for it.

There is absolutely nobody in my immediate or extended family with schizophenia.

I find it hard to believe schizo is purely genetic after my experience.

I just know that I was certainly schizo for a period of about 9 months with lasting effects to this day (3+ years later).

antipsychotics never helped my symptoms

I don't think I'm genetically susceptible to schizophrenia.

Psychosis? huge possibility. If you asked me it was a combination of psychosis, hppd and schizo which both progressed and dissipated over time. The first week or so after my break I can certainly define as psychosis as much of it it completely blacked out from memory.

genetic? I don't know... I would argue with you on that point

can you link any references pertaining to your opinion?

I would further describe my symptoms if you want
sure https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2826121/

Yeah, bipolarity is usually related to schizophrenia, your psych is smart.

please link some sort of reference or proof

this sounds like bullshit to me
You can absolutely treat it so you don't feel anything from it anymore. All I have left is some weird and impulsive non sequitur thoughts, or minor hallucinations, but it can be treated to a point.
But you're not going to get rid of your genes.

There are people who technically have it, but it just never breaks out.

@December Flower

I do absolutely still feel schizophrenic. It's not to the point where I feel the need to take hard antipsychotics anymore. I'm not even going to get into what I still experience as I have explained it several times in other threads.

I don't understand why you are so resistant to the fact that schizo may be less than permanent. I still have it, but not to the extent the did.

I don't know why you feel like you are qualified to even re-diagnose me.

Do you have schzio???? Maybe that's effecting your opinion here.

? I've never heard of a case of cured schizophrenia.
It can be treated, sure

edit: Symptoms can go down to zero, if that's what you call a cure.
Yes, I have.

and... what???

this sounds like a pure opinion based on your experience which is obviously far from the truth.

I am not saying I am cured from schizo.... Never said that.

you need to chill out

I'm honestly very offended by your opinion which seems to be based on your own daily experience

guess what... there is more to the world

I have schizo and still have it.... luckily I do not consider myself majory schizo anymore.

Oh, are you going to tell me when I hear people screaming or feel

sincerely, go fuck yourself and learn more

who are you to tell me about my mental illness? friend

Last edited:
Yes, I have.

and... what???

this sounds like a pure opinion based on your experience which is obviously far from the truth.

I am not saying I am cured from schizo.... Never said that.

you need to chill out

I'm honestly very offended by your opinion
Just read an article about a bone-marrow transplant that apparently cured someone's schizophrenia.

What I am saying is, there might be some whacky cases, where it was cured, but it is still very unlikely.

What is LIKELY is that it can be treated. I'm not diagnosing anyone, I'm just speaking of my experience with this illness. I have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia since I was around 6 or 7, and it's not going to "go away" ever, especially with antipsychotics. I am now however medication-free and pretty much unbothered by it.

I'm not telling you that doom is ahead, but only that this illness follows you, and there are times where it's bad, and times where it's leaving you alone entirely.

Just read an article about a bone-marrow transplant that apparently cured someone's schizophrenia.

What I am saying is, there might be some whacky cases, where it was cured, but it is still very unlikely.

What is LIKELY is that it can be treated. I'm not diagnosing anyone, I'm just speaking of my experience with this illness. I have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia since I was around 6 or 7, and it's not going to "go away" ever, especially with antipsychotics. I am now however medication-free and pretty much unbothered by it.

I'm not telling you that doom is ahead, but only that this illness follows you, and there are times where it's bad, and times where it's leaving you alone entirely.

If you were diagnosed schizo since that age I'm not sure why you are so resistant to me having it.

My problem is that you seem to believe I don't have it.

I have drug induced schizo. It's not so bad anymore. Period.

I don't, nor will I ever believe that schizo is purely a permanent condition.

Or tell that to my neurologist I spent $200/meeting for.

Pretty sure he is the most qualified.

Schizo is not purely genetic or permanent. Period. Get used to that idea. Sorry if it's personal... shouldn't be.

sorry if I'm infringing on your personal mental illness niche.

but also, fuck off dude

Last edited:
If you were diagnosed schizo since that age I'm not sure why you are so resistant to me having it.

My problem is that you seem to believe I don't have it.

I have schizo. It's not so bad anymore. Period.

I don't, nor will I ever believe that schizo is purely a permanent condition.

Or tell that to my neurologist I spent $200/meeting for.

Pretty sure he is the most qualified.

Schizo is not purely genetic or permanent. Period. Get used to that idea. Sorry if it's personal... shouldn't be.

sorry if I'm infringing on your personal mental illness niche.

but also, fuck off dude
Hm? No, I'm not saying you don't have it.
I think it broke out through the drugs, but it was always there
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I don't even know how I did. Very sorry for that, was not my intention

edit: O, is it that I said psychosis? Psychosis is usually the peak of schizophrenia.

Hm? No, I'm not saying you don't have it.
I think it broke out through the drugs, but it was always there
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I don't even know how I did. Very sorry for that, was not my intention

Again you feel more qualified to analyze my mental illness than a very well trained, highly respected doctor.

You don't know how you offended me?????

You're either retarded or 12 years old.

let me return the favor:
you're a toxic, dimwitted idiot. there is nothing wrong with you... sorry... you're just retarded.
you have no mental illness, it's not possible, you're just retarded.

have a nice day

honestly, I'm going to wake up tomorrow not remember most of this conversation. that's a fact.

my point is you are a fucking idiot if you don't understand how you offended me

"nah, you aren't schizo... schizo is permanent"... you said this to a person with permanent schizo symtoms. Jesus fucking christ. One last time... fuck you.

Again you feel more qualified to analyze my mental illness than a very well trained, highly respected doctor.

You don't know how you offended me?????

You're either retarded or 12 years old.

let me return the favor:
you're a toxic, dimwitted idiot. there is nothing wrong with you... sorry... you're just retarded.
you have no mental illness, it's not possible, you're just retarded.

have a nice day
But what I said didn't even conflict your doctor's diagnosis, it was based on it.
I think I'm messing up by choice of words, sorry I have Aspergers, I can't talk well to people.

I'm very sorry I hurt you, that was not my intention.
I didn't mean to tell you things will be bad, or anything in the like.

But what I said didn't even conflict your doctor's diagnosis, it was based on it.
I think I'm messing up by choice of words, sorry I have Aspergers, I can't talk well to people.

I'm very sorry I hurt you, that was not my intention.
I didn't mean to tell you things will be bad, or anything in the like.
apology accepted.

never tell someone diagnosed as schizo they arent schizo.... ever again

you'd have better luck telling a depressed or anxious person that they aren't either....

end of it

goodnight