• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids zubsolv cotton shots stronger than the actual thing?? O_o

tightlywound

Bluelighter
so -- I IV my zubsolv, generally 2-3mg 4-5x/day, every several hours (an 8.6mg tablet or occasionally 1 1/4 or even 1 1/2 8.6mg tablets over the course of the day). I always save my cottons in case there's some kind of fiasco w/ either my doctor/ability to get to my appointment or (more likely) the damn pharmacy and/or insurance company and I'm not able to refill my scrip right away, so I'll hopefully have enough cottons saved up to keep me well until I'm able to get my scrip.

the thing is, lately (after being on bupe/naloxone for 2 1/2 years), and I don't know why exactly, I've been waking up already pretty well into withdrawal, AND my morning shot of 2-3mg barely gets me well and takes forever to do it -- like sometimes I'll still be feeling noticeably a bit withdrawal an hour later; it usually takes 30min - 2 hours for me to properly feel the effects. even though I've done ~8.6mg the previous day, including doing my last 2-3mg shot very shortly before getting in bed about 8-10 hours before re-awaking. this is unusual -- I used to be able to do my last little shot at say, 5-7pm, and not yet be in w/d when I'd wake up at 530-830am the following day; it would hold me at LEAST a few hours after I woke up, and if I was busy at work or distracted/really involved doing something, often I wouldn't even really notice myself being in w/d until well into the next evening, a good 24hrs later. and of course, normally a shot would have me well on the way to feeling completely well w/in just a few minutes. but now, I find myself feeling just slightly (excluding shortly after getting up), but enough to make me decidedly uncomfortable, withdrawaly ALL day ...I just can't make it go away.

HOWEVER, I have found that when I do cotton shots (usually w/ ~5-10 cottons, including any residue that was in the spoon w/ them), that it gets me well much more effectively than had I done a shot w/ the pill itself. like say if I were to do a cotton shot before bed, I'd be much less likely to wake up in w/d, and nought but two spread across the day or even one big cotton shot shortly after waking will keep me tolerably well the entire day; whereas that is simply no longer the case w/ the zubsolv tablets themselves for whatever reason.
NOTE that I have not changed anything about my cottons/filtering -- I just use a wee little bit of a cotton ball, rolled up. [I KNOW I should be using micron filters, but I really just cannot acquire them currently. I am NOT looking to be lectured on that. I know, I know, I know.] I have always kind of lowkey suspected that the cotton shots were somehow more effective than the tablets themselves, but because bupe/naloxone in any amount (from microgram doses to 16mg) gives me NO sort of nod/high/buzz/any even remotely perceivable vague "opiated" feeling whatsoever, just gets me well, it has not been as apparent as it is now that I am basically sick all/most the time.

so...what gives? why is this?? is all the bupe just getting absorbed/stuck in the cotton or what?? it's not like I use a really small amount of water (well actually I use .9% NaCl saline solution ...learned the hard way that you MUST use saline vs straight water w/ sublingual shit if you want to have any chance of preserving your veins), IMO I use more than enough -- about ~30ml for 1/4 tablet (2-3mg bupe) -- and it's not like my cottons are big or anything.

I'd also be happy to hear y'all's opinions on why my zubsolv is suddenly not getting me properly well too. I read the thread RE bupe & adrenal issues...maybe it's something like that? I have been suffering some...hormonal? issues lately -- pretty damn bad hypothyroidism at least, god knows what else, I need to get in for that bloodwork I've been procrastinating way too long.

Last edited:
Less is more with bupe.

I know this in theory. so you'd think that a tiny little crumb of a pill (meant to be 1/16 of 8.6mg but who knows exactly when you try splitting up shit that small) would do ANYTHING at all.
nooope.
tablets in general have very little effect.

I feel bad for your veins :( 4 to 5 x a day shots of mentholated bupe. Ouch.

I don't have experience iving zubsolv but I have taken it before it's pretty brittle but how well does it dissolve?

IME and since you mentioned a caked cotton and stuff left in the spoon that a lot of any substance can be left over. I wouldn't doubt if some of those washes contained 25% of the whole dose. So logically it wouldn't take that many to add up to a big shot.

I find 0.5 to actually give me closest to an opiate feeling IV the few times I did it were using higher doses left me feeling on the edge of withdrawals.. bupe is cra... I mean weird

I feel bad for your veins :( 4 to 5 x a day shots of mentholated bupe. Ouch.

I don't have experience iving zubsolv but I have taken it before it's pretty brittle but how well does it dissolve?

IME and since you mentioned a caked cotton and stuff left in the spoon that a lot of any substance can be left over. I wouldn't doubt if some of those washes contained 25% of the whole dose. So logically it wouldn't take that many to add up to a big shot.

it breaks down great, almost instantly -- I mean it is a sublingual, meant to dissolve quickly.

but yeah, there is always a lot left caked on the spoon ...I always assumed that was mainly fillers (SO much damn filler in sublingual tabs, especially flavoured shit) ...but now I'm thinking that obviously there must be quite a bit of bupe left in there too.

you should feel worse for my veins that I have been unable to acquire new rigs and have been using the same damn worn out ones since July! =( my poor veins. I have the worst needle marks. I've got to figure out some way to at least get a box of points. =/

When I was on zubsolv I never bothered to slam it, it's out really any different than taking it sublingually? Because I didn't get any high at all of sublingual use, but it did work for withdrawals.

When I was on zubsolv I never bothered to slam it, it's out really any different than taking it sublingually? Because I didn't get any high at all of sublingual use, but it did work for withdrawals.

IME no, it's no different at all. in fact I've often hypothesized that it doesn't last as long when taken IV.
it doesn't get me even slightly high at all.
I just have a bad needle fix.

^Yes, injecting it will most likely decrease the half life/duration of action

Why don't you just inject .9% NaCl saline solution to satisfy your needle fix and use the zubsolv sublingually ?

See I am the odd man out when it comes to IV bupe whether it be suboxone(not the strips HELL NO!)tabs, zubsolv tabs, or subutex(by far the best of them to IV, seeing as most of them have no dyes/flavor in them, except for one new generic which oddly enough makes white suboxone tabs, and now orange subutex tabs? weird, and I don't want to try them either, I like my normal 54 ***s big white tabs). Subutex DOES give me a better feeling than any bupe/naloxone products, for sure! its not in my head, I can assure you guys that, I notice a pretty big difference between IV bupe and IV bupe/naloxone! And as far as zubsolv goes, I have slammed it a few times, and liked the minty flavor in my throat I got after I would bang it! it was nice, I am sure its terrible for your veins though! I liked the zubsolv better than most of the suboxone tabs out there, they broke down a bit easier, and while they still had flavoring additives in them, they didn't burn or anything when I slammed them IME at least.. I just did like ~1mg shots with them though.. the only suboxone I like were the white, half moons... those were awesome as far as suboxone goes, wayyyy better than those stupid ass strips! I hate the strips, for real! as soon as they were put out on the market, I had been sniffing suboxone tabs at the time, so when my doc gave me these I was PISSED! didn't even really think about making any nasal spray solution, and didn't IV at the time... so next visit I went back to the tabs and stayed there!!! thankfully I have subutex now, not only much cheaper, but also better to IV and have a cleaner, nicer feeling IMO than any of the other bupe products out there..

^Yes, injecting it will most likely decrease the half life/duration of action

Why don't you just inject .9% NaCl saline solution to satisfy your needle fix and use the zubsolv sublingually ?

I've tried. and as a matter of fact that's what I tell my doctors/most everybody that I do for my needle fix, just "water shots." because obviously if they knew I was IVing my bupe, I wouldn't have a scrip for bupe anymore. xP
but I don't know, it's like, just "knowing" that it's an opioid that's going into my veins makes it that much more appealing, even though lord knows it certainly provides me no opiate EFFECTS and I really may as well just be shooting up saline. like just the fact that I know it's an opioid scratches some kind of itch for me. I don't know.

See I am the odd man out when it comes to IV bupe whether it be suboxone(not the strips HELL NO!)tabs, zubsolv tabs, or subutex(by far the best of them to IV, seeing as most of them have no dyes/flavor in them, except for one new generic which oddly enough makes white suboxone tabs, and now orange subutex tabs? weird, and I don't want to try them either, I like my normal 54 ***s big white tabs). Subutex DOES give me a better feeling than any bupe/naloxone products, for sure! its not in my head, I can assure you guys that, I notice a pretty big difference between IV bupe and IV bupe/naloxone! And as far as zubsolv goes, I have slammed it a few times, and liked the minty flavor in my throat I got after I would bang it! it was nice, I am sure its terrible for your veins though! I liked the zubsolv better than most of the suboxone tabs out there, they broke down a bit easier, and while they still had flavoring additives in them, they didn't burn or anything when I slammed them IME at least.. I just did like ~1mg shots with them though.. the only suboxone I like were the white, half moons... those were awesome as far as suboxone goes, wayyyy better than those stupid ass strips! I hate the strips, for real! as soon as they were put out on the market, I had been sniffing suboxone tabs at the time, so when my doc gave me these I was PISSED! didn't even really think about making any nasal spray solution, and didn't IV at the time... so next visit I went back to the tabs and stayed there!!! thankfully I have subutex now, not only much cheaper, but also better to IV and have a cleaner, nicer feeling IMO than any of the other bupe products out there..

no, you're not the only odd man out (I feel like you & I have discussed this before?) -- I TOTALLY agree w/ you there.
I actually DO get a slight buzz/opiated feeling from subutex. which I have NEVER got from suboxone/zubsolve/any bupe+naloxone product.
I know that shouldn't be the way it is in theory. but hey, every body's different.

it breaks down great, almost instantly -- I mean it is a sublingual, meant to dissolve quickly.

but yeah, there is always a lot left caked on the spoon ...I always assumed that was mainly fillers (SO much damn filler in sublingual tabs, especially flavoured shit) ...but now I'm thinking that obviously there must be quite a bit of bupe left in there too.

you should feel worse for my veins that I have been unable to acquire new rigs and have been using the same damn worn out ones since July! =( my poor veins. I have the worst needle marks. I've got to figure out some way to at least get a box of points. =/
just go to fucking Walgreens and buy a pack of points if there's no local needle exchange.

https://www.bd.com/ca/diabetes/english/page.aspx?cat=14501&id=14766

https://www.google.com/search?q=reu...AUICCgB&biw=320&bih=488#imgrc=nPcT4uZunZL16M:

Yo you obviously aren't from FL.. if I were to go to walgreens and ask for a pack of points, they would then ask to see my insulin, and if I said I don't have any, but I am picking them up for my mom or my dad, or anyone... they look at me like, oh hes just some pos junkie, and then rudely tell me they wont sell them without a prescription for insulin. It is fucked! not only is there no needle exchange yet anywhere in FL! but they wont sell them at 90% of places unless you have insulin with you, a prescription for it, or any kind of proof your a diabetic. Only one Wal-Mart I have gone to will sell them no questions asked, only sometimes, depending on the pharmacist there. Its very hit or miss where I am from. and I believe I have talked to tightlywound about this on another thread, and she is also from FL if I remember correctly. And no I cant order them offline or I would, just have a diabetic friend who can get them for me whenever, so I am now lucky, but before I had this friend I would have to reuse needles, so bad to the point where all of the numbers were worn off the side, and it was so dull it would leave leave terrible track marks on my arms, unable to be hidden it sucked.. glad that's over for me, but I feel bad for all the other IV addicts in FL who go thru what I had to before... its so fucked up!

no, you're not the only odd man out (I feel like you & I have discussed this before?) -- I TOTALLY agree w/ you there.
I actually DO get a slight buzz/opiated feeling from subutex. which I have NEVER got from suboxone/zubsolve/any bupe+naloxone product.
I know that shouldn't be the way it is in theory. but hey, every body's different.
YES! I remember, we had this conversation before! forgive me, I have terrible short term memory loss lol. Too many kpins, too much weed, and too many drugs period have caused me to have terrible memory.. I mean I can remember shit, like almost photgraphic memory, from when I was very young, like 3 years old... but cant remember shit from a week ago, or even when someone tells me something, I will immediately have to re ask them what they said again.. the Adderall I am scripted now, helps a lot. but it doesn't completely take away ADHD or memory loss, just makes it not as bad, and makes me feel really great.

Well I apologize for my misunderstanding.... There is I've exchange opening in FL, but I'm guessing it's not near you. Still I recommend doing whatever you can for fresh needles.... You can get them off the darknet.

Yeah man thats way too fucking long to be using the same rigs, you must be destroying your veins so quickly... doesn't amazon have sharps? I know they have the 3ml barrels and you would be seriously much better off hooping that bupe, at this rate you're going to be one miserable dude when you have that undying needle fix, Took me awhile to get control over it, at least to where I can actually take benzos and other meds orally (useless IVing benzos that work 100% better oral) and stay supplied with clean equipment but I'm lucky to have a delivery van service that picks up your sharps bin and gives you everything else in large amounts- cookers, water, barrels, 1cc's, 3ml sharp tips, etc and they recently added naloxone kits which is a truly amazing to have. I always bring up micron filters.. maybe one day. It would cost me 200$ CAD to order 50 pvdf microns on amazon.....

take care of yourself