• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Zopiclone-Will I experience w/ds

Alexander16

Bluelighter
Ok so I got scripted 28 7.5mg zopiclone (lunesta in the US). Beforehand I was taking amitriptyline to sleep. I end up binging on these zopiclones and they actually don't do shit for me (retarded, I know). I took 6 7.5mg zops over the last 4-5 hours...Ive taken 6 another time and the other times I've taken like 3-4. I haven't taken them daily. Is there any chance of serious w/ds considering I've consumed them in the last 18 days usually with 3-4 days in between? I'm also on 4mg xanax/day...Changing back to amitrip, fuck zopiclone

I wouldn't worry about it, I've taken them on and off for years. Never had a problem.

That's interesting that you had such problems as my g/f was the opposite (note yours is Ambien in US), she went from trazadone to Lunesta and loved it. Obviously its different for everyone and because you are switching from one sleep aid to another I would not worry about withdrawals. I would think that because these drugs are "different" from classical sleep aids and were produced in a fashion as to not have as sever withdrawals as benzos or other sleep aids / depressants that the only real withdrawals would present themselves as insomnia after being reliant on something to sleep.

Your pattern of use leads me to believe you will be fine, that along with the fact you are switching to a different one and not just stopping use completely i think you will be fine. Does anyone know if Lunesta, taken in the proper doses and never more or less, causes withdrawals? Just curious as I am sure someday in the future my girlfriend will want to come off of them and I honestly dont know if continued doctor monitored and responsible use causes withdrawals. She only takes 3mg a night so its not even the most she could take.

Does anyone know if Lunesta, taken in the proper doses and never more or less, causes withdrawals?

These drugs (Z-Drugs) have the same withdrawal effects as benzodiazepines . They are chemically different, but should be respected in the same light as any benzo.
Use of these drugs should be - as sparingly as possible, as tolerance builds up as quickly as benzos, and withdrawal just as severe.

When used correctly they work really well for what they are prescribed for (not for more than 2 months, not taken every single night if possible, prescribed dose...etc), - when abused the result would be the same as a benzo abuser would face.

SL

PS. Ambien is Zolpidem, not Zopiclone or Eszopiclone (Lunesta) but all of them carry the same withdrawal risks as their benzo counterparts.

no, you shouldnt get withdrawals. weird that you could take so many and not get effects though. you may experience a horrible taste in your mouth for a day or so; one of zopi's worse side effects

For all who don't know, Zopiclone is Imovane (not available in US), Eszopiclone is Lunesta (available in US), Zolpidem is Ambien (available in US) and Zaleplon is Sonata (available in US).