Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

Zopiclone or Zolpidem?

Forever Changes

Bluelighter
Which do you prefer for

a) its intended use (getting to sleep)

b) getting high (if that's possible)

Zopiclone had zero recreational value for me, but was better than Zolpidem for knocking me out. Zolpidem can be kinda fun and weirdly trippy if you "fight" the sleep. I kinda like it with a joint and then just succumbing to the sleep. ymmv though. It's also pretty good at knocking you out ime.

Zolpidem is my favourite of the 2 chemicals, bad HR but brilliant to use to catch a nod

You can certainly get a high from them but are great for sleep, I found if I took some oxy and zolpidem I could get a great nod going but that's terrible harm reduction so I advice against it if you are sensitive to that mix, been in an ambulance too many times from mixing opiates and sleeping drugs like benzos or z drugs

Every time I hear the words Zopiclone I can taste that horrid metallic taste in my mouth.
I definitely noticed that on Eszopiclone, too, but I wouldn't describe it as horrid. It was mild for me and didn't bother me.

I loved Eszopiclone for sleep. No abuse/recreational potential but it was great for sleep and was not addictive (for me at least, after 5 months)

Damn,if they getting so popular!
You can still hardly sell em here and IMO Z-drugs are used to wean us off benzos in a grand scheme. Patient asks for benzos, doc doesnt want to loose patients by scripting nothin, so he script Z - drugs. Patient goes out disappointed, but notices he can get " something " outta it.
Same Way they did it with barbs! Aaah Nembutal! Either i get desperate and rob hospital pharmacy at gunpoint or never gonna see em again.

Every time I hear the words Zopiclone I can taste that horrid metallic taste in my mouth.

Funnily enough, the last few times I've had Zopiclone the metallic taste was totally absent for some reason but the effects were as expected.

I notice the taste is a lot more noticeable with the generic brand than the Imovane brand.

I actually started to get used to the taste though. It felt like something was missing when it wasn't there.

Not everyone gets it, but it’s a fairly common reported side effect.

Yeh, I always used to suffer from it and as Kaden_Nite said, it became a side effect I expected and had grown used to. But recently I chanced upon some and the metallic taste was totally absent.

Having said that, I've just realised that this would be around the same time I went down with Covid-19...

It makes all beverages taste like they're spiked with zopiclone. The sweeter the beverage, the more bitter it tastes.

When I first tried zopiclone, I kept trying to wash the taste away with vanilla coke, which seemed to just make me more aware of the fact that there was nothing I could do to rid my palate of this gastly poisonn.. fine with it now though.

Not everyone gets it, but it’s a fairly common reported side effect

Nope I don't taste anything off Zopiclone, I chew mine in half, 2 or so at a time used to eat up to 8 if I'd been raving, my ex could taste them off my lips after kissing him goodnight lol he hated the taste used to give me as funny look when I'd crunch them up lol

Not tried Zolpidem but apparently it's not as long lasting, 3 hours instead of 6 I think so they're good at getting you to sleep but not if you wake up during the night, so I'm the UK they prefer to prescribe Zopiclone

If you presented at your GP saying you disliked the aftertaste, 9 times out of 10 you'll be switched to Zolpidem.

b) getting high (if that's possible)

How many times do I have to say this for the love of God!!!!

Go take a 7.5mg one, crush it up, remove thepill casing & if you dont use them I'd NOT suggest the full 7.5mg but it's upto you I guess. Go snort that shit right up inside your nose & give it 5 minutes & I promise you you'll fucking understand all too well.

For some chemical reason that ROA is quite different, it kicks in with effects like a low dose of 4-HO-MET & sometimes your vision will go pure black & white. That is just the start of a truly bizarre experience that is like.............well I class it as 4-HO-MET crossed with 4-MeO-PCP.

I'm not alone in this as everyone who has said I'm full of shit in the local junkie scene round here I've given them a huge dose (snorting it kicks in a good 3/4 times harder than eating it & is quite a different experience) I've dropped fucking Junkies with a big mouth, they weren't carrying their balls in a wheelbarrow after snorting 7.5mg with no tolerance believe me.

I’ve e come across Zopiclone 10.0mg , haven’t bought them yet, just want to know which one is better for sleep? I currently take Ambien 12.5mg.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
LOTW

Go take a 7.5mg one, crush it up, remove thepill casing & if you dont use them I'd NOT suggest the full 7.5mg but it's upto you I guess. Go snort that shit right up inside your nose & give it 5 minutes & I promise you you'll fucking understand all too well

I've just done that now, I did try it once years ago but it wouldn't crush up properly I obviously didn't realise it had a pill casing, and I heard benzos etc don't work that ROA, so do zopiclone the as I know oxys do?

I've got a tolerance to them, need 2 or so but only do them a few days a month, so only crushed one up, the addict in me thought she'd try it as its all I have other than mirtazapine and its my birthday and no fucking drugs so I thought fuck it, a surprising amount of powder came out of one pill though lol, 2 lines worth lol, naw man it just reminded me of K though, wwaaahhh no birthday K, wwaaaah no birthday benzos

And now I blew white snot out my nose so that will be the zopiclone unless some soaked into my nose, is it water soluble?