• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos ZOPICLONE or ESZOPICLONE ??

benzoman12345

Ex-Bluelighter
I have had Zolpidem and Zopiclone and found Zolpidem to be a nice little pill and Zopiclone to be not very usefull at all, I now have a source of both Zopiclone and EsZopiclone (Never tried it),

Just wondering what people think is a better hypnotic sleep aid,

They come in 7.5-10mg and 1-2mg

Eszopiclone (Lunesta) along with other "Z-drugs" including zolpidem (Ambien), zaleplon (Sonata) are the most commonly prescribed sedative hypnotics in the USA. Eszopiclone is not marketed in the European Union following a 2009 decision by the EMA denying it new active substance status,[3] in which it ruled that eszopiclone was too similar to zopiclone to be considered a new patentable product.[4]

From wikipedia. I guess they are the same really except Zopiclone is racemic while Eszopiclone ought to be the S isomer according to the name. They probably feel almost exactly the same. Just another worthless cash in by pharma companies.

Think of it as Eszopiclone 1mg = 5mg zopiclone. <-- this might be wrong

Last edited:
Eszopiclone is the active s-isomer of zopiclone and is roughly 2x as potent per milligram.

^ only? That seemed really weak. 4mg zopiclone is not really gonna do much to someone who has even a slight tolerance to benzos. I guess I'd advise OP to get the usual Zopiclone instead then.

Think I'll buy both and try them separately at 10mg and 2mg (highest doses), and if they're both shit, stack them and see what happens :)

I really do need a natural feeling hypnotic for nightime sometimes and Zolpidem is just that if we're talking about Z-Drugs, shame I aint got a vendor for them :(

I've had eszopiclone (Lunesta) and I've also had zolpidem (Ambien). Was on 3mg of the Lunesta, tried taking 9mg once and was not impressed. Kind of a weird benzo-like high, but not nearly as enjoyable.

Conversely, I did not abuse the Ambien (10mg) because I was inpatient while receiving it and could not bring myself to store them up. I needed to sleep nightly. Even at just 10mg of Ambien (a strong but typical dose) I much preferred the standard dose Ambien experience to the high dose Lunesta experience (which was dealing with 9mg, three times my typical dose.) Ambien was such a pleasant calming feeling, again similar, but yet somehow distinct from benzos. I guess I just felt more of a mood lift from the Ambien.

In the spirit of the post, I didn't like eszopiclone so I have never felt the urge to procure zopiclone as it is my understanding that the only real difference is in potency, not effect. Also, to note, Lunesta is fucking expensive shit.

I'm currently prescribed Zopiclone, and it is a very addicting pill. I have a severe case of insomnia, to the point where I'm taking 7mg's of zopiclone daily, (really high dose for my height / weight / age). Either way, it's effects are really nice, and sort of makes you feel very inebriated. I've fallen whilst walking, slurred speach, dizzy, etc. It's a really nice pill though.

No.

I am not an advanced chemist but these are totally different chemical compounds.
Its nothing like the difference between methamphetamine and amphetamine.
These two compounds have little in common aside from the fact that they are used for treating the same symptoms.

Last edited:
I take mine through the day for its anxiolytic properties. Only makes me tired if I'm actually tired. The metallic taste is a burden, but it goes away after a while.

I get zolpidem online (shipped from India). Recently I got the wrong order sent to me, Zopiclone instead of Zolpidem. They are sending me a new order of Zolpidem and I get the keep the Zopiclone. Had never tried Zopiclone or Eszopiclone before. I've taken it two nights in a row so far and don't know what to think of it just yet. Doesn't give the same pleasant feeling (to me) as zolpidem. Both times I woke up during the night seemingly wide awake thinking these aren't working but each time went back to sleep for a few hours. Kind of weird (though Zolpidem does that same thing sometimes). And as far as the aftertaste, everyone who has commented on it got that shit right. Can still taste it in the morning and it's not nice, really nasty in fact. Lets just say you won't be french kissing your girlfriend in the morning. If you have a girly that likes morning sex, take her to the back mount cause if you breathe on her, she will probably leave you. I'm not kidding, it's bad. You've been warned. Don't blame me if next time you wake up and she's not there. Well I have a few of these now to play around with to see how my body gets used to them. Don't see it replacing my Zolpidem but I won't be throwing these away either. That taste though.

Last edited: