• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Zolpidem/Zopiclone duration and alternative

Exosphere

Bluelighter
I'm aware these are not actually benzos, but I feel like they are somewhat similar.

I'm prescribed these for anxiety and insomnia, however they only seem to work for an hour or so. If an hour passes and I'm still not sleeping, I'll just become frustrated and get a headache.
Sometimes I will take 3-4 and it still won't knock me out. I've only been using them for a week this time. Any idea why this is?

My doctor mentioned an alternative called Oxazepam. Do you think it's a better choice? It's only for temporary treament till I can get back in Effexor.

Kind regards

Last edited:
I'm aware these are not actually benzos, but I feel like they are somewhat similar.

I'm prescribed these for anxiety and insomnia, however they only seem to work for an hour or so. If an hour passes and I'm still not sleeping, I'll just become frustrated and get a headache.
Sometimes I will take 3-4 and it still won't knock me out. I've only been using them for a week this time. Any idea why this is?

My doctor mentioned an alternative called Oxazepam. Do you think it's a better choice? It's only for temporary treament till I can get back in Effexor.

Kind regards
I used

I was on oxazepam years ago and found that it worked quite well.you rarely get dotors prescribing anymore.i think in oz they are called serapax.one of the better benzos.sorry for the double post.good luck.