• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Zolpiclone Question

OntarioGuy

Bluelighter
So I'm an ex benzo addict, detoxes, I'm on 110 mgs of methadone daily, but I only took 45 mgs today. My previous benzo dependency seemed to have left me with a lingering tolerance, for example, I can take 6 mgs of alprazolam without blacking out.

I'm about 220 pounds, and I have 30 mgs of zopiclone in the form of 4x7.5 mg tabs.... would 30 mgs induce amnesia do u guys think? I'm just looking for a heavy hypnotic anti anxiety buzz, not a black out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back when I used this stuff I found zolpiclone less intense than zolpidem. 15-30mg of the former generally wouldn’t induce amnesia, at least not more so than 10-20mg of zolpidem IME.

Thanks for moving this mate. Also I just wanted to ask, does anyone know if the lingering tolerance to GABAergic drugs after benzodiazepine dependency is permanent? Have I ruined my receptor? Last night I ingested the 30 mgs is one dosage last night and obtained some nice anxiolytic effects and some ok sedation. But no where near how 30 mgs would have hit me pre benzo addiction/recovery
It did feel nice though, very benzodiazepine like. I will be avoiding them to avoid getting into old patterns lol

How long has it been since getting off benzos? What was your old benzo habit like?

It can take a very long time. It probably took me a couple year of abstience from gabaergic stuff before it became really viable again. But I never had a dependency, only a high tolerance from taking them a couple times a month (up to 400mg diazepam/day, although only once or twice a month, over maybe two years, although I used benzos sporadically at various recreational and therapeutic dosages for many years prior).

It sounds like you still have a bit of a tolerance. That can take a really long time to go away, but how long precisely is hard to say.

I've been off benzos almost 2 years now. Prior to that I was on very high dose a day, minumum of 10 mgs of clonazepam or alprazolam daily. Usually more like 20-30 though.
I did a taper, stabilizing at 100 mgs of diazepam once daily, while my doctor supervised low dosage reductions

It’s hard to say, but you do still sound a literal tolerant. By the same token, zolpiclone only has so many desirable recreational effects. If you used it prior to having your benzo tolerance, it might be able to give you an idea of whether you’re experiencing ongoing effects from your prior benzo habit.