• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zohydro ER 10 mg

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
My pain management doctor recently took me off regular Norco and placed me on the extended release of zohydro. However, Google wasn’t helpful in what I want to know:

How do these meds compare? Is a 10 mg of Zohydro equivalent to 10 mg of regular Norco? Or is it weaker or stronger? I just want to know the equivalence of regular Norco and extended release of the medication.

Why didn't you ask the doctor prescribing the medicine? You are allowed to ask what the difference is. The Zohydro is an extended release safer version of IR hydrocodone. How much were you taking before our doctor switched you? Regardless, Zohydro is a nice balanced er medication. This is all we can tell you untill you mention how much you were on with your previous medication. The Zohydro is good for letting so much out at a time.

Initially, I could take 5 mg Norco four times a day. So 20 mg. Now I’m on Zohydro 10 mg twice a day. So 20 mg. So that’s why I’m asking are the dosages identical. Or is the Zohydro stronger or weaker.

same shit basically, you can crush the pills you have now and itd be like taking 2 of your old meds but go about it how you see best for you, i don't have great experience with extended release forms of medication, i crush all my opiates/oids to make them IR
BUT - ER is supposed to keep you going through the day, essentially each pill is 8 hours of pain relief, so in essence its SUPPOSED to give you a dose right away and the next one after 4 hours

Okay, thank you. I just wanted to make sure 2 norco was equivalent to 1 Zohydro.
yep exact same amount of Hydrocodone in each pill, the only difference is how its released when you take it (y)

Another quick question: do both drugs show up identically on a urine drug test? I ask because I have some regular norco left over. I know the Zohydro doesn’t have the Tylenol in it, thus making me curious if the meds show up differently on a urinalysis.

Another quick question: do both drugs show up identically on a urine drug test? I ask because I have some regular norco left over. I know the Zohydro doesn’t have the Tylenol in it, thus making me curious if the meds show up differently on a urinalysis.
theyd show up as the same thing, yes they are the same active ingredient: Hydrocodone

So far I’m really not digging extended release. Takes too long to work. If I open the capsule and take the inside contents as is, is that basically reverting it to immediate release? I know that’s not the purpose, but waiting 12 hours to get 10 mg is just not ideal

I'm guessing the capsule contains beads? The capsule itself won't be the reason it's extended release. If there are bead, you'll have to crush them up, which will probably beat the extended release, however some medications will still be ER even when crushed, I don't know about Zohydro though.

As others have said, it is just the extended release formula of Hydrocodone. If it works for your pain; stick with it! It is the same as Oxycodone vs. Oxycontin. You may feel more of a rush from the IR formulation but as it is for pain the ER formulation may be much more beneficial in pain management! Taking less pills for the same relief is always a good thing. If it doesn't work as well, just be honest with your doctor. Wishing you the best!

So based off the capsule, can anyone tell me what method is necessary to get the medication instantly? Will opening the capsule and taking the medication inside do the trick? Or do I physically have to crunch and eat the capsule and medication inside as well? Thank you!

So based off the capsule, can anyone tell me what method is necessary to get the medication instantly? Will opening the capsule and taking the medication inside do the trick? Or do I physically have to crunch and eat the capsule and medication inside as well? Thank you!

You'll need to crush the beads into a fine powder, and then parachute it or put the powder back into the capsule.

Pour the beads into a large tablespoon, put another spoon on top and press and slide them together. Put the powder into some soda, stir with both spoons to avoid wastage, drink the bitter soda. Voilà!
Or if you can't stand the taste, do as the above poster suggested