• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos zannies

Xanax is fun here and there don't hate! I miss benzos actually even though they've never been my cup of tea. I actually think it's good for anyone once in a blue moon to occasionally drink or benzo out so you don't feel any of life's stresses temporarily.

I don't know why people pop xanax everyday though--tolerance raises so fast and the withdrawal is devastating. Imo it's not the kind of drug that's fun to take everyday like opiates or weed. It's the opposite of a stimulating drug. You'd just become a zombie if you pop xanax bars daily and your sense of time does get kind of distorted in a bad way.

Klonopin is by far my opinion to be the most recreational benzo. There's something about it that produces calmness in a mellow way that is almost euphoric. Xanax hits you like a fucking brick. Klonopin <3 By the way I do know that street pressed alprazolam bars are quite common these days. I think you're unlikely to find one pressed with fent to be honest, but it does happen occasionally. FYI the street pressed real unlaced xanax bars do tend to be stronger than the pharmaceutical xanax.

Xanax sucks. Like all benzos more-or-less lol

I wonder if there is a rap video of all the people in the 1970's crying because benzos took the place of quaaludes, seconals, tuinals and all the other much better stuff?? Glorifying xanax. I know they are a life saver at very specific times and a God send for people with crippling anxiety, but every time I expect to feel euphoric and "chill" on the couch and watch TV I wonder why I even bothered. I usually feel worse, sleepy. Amnesiac. I will say they work for sleep very well, but could never understand how they are so popular. Let's face it, too many people that probably didn't need them got addicted to them needlessly. I saw that happen in my own family due to ignorance so maybe I am just bias do to the misery I saw.

I know mostly no one has barbituate experience--but were barbs more recreational/pleasurable than benzodiazepines?

It seems like benzos replaced barbituates due to the high probability of overdosing in your sleep. It's pretty hard to overdose on benzos alone.. you'd have to take ALOT and even then. Does anyone actually know the lethal amount of xanax required to overdose (without dangerous interactions)? I'm not trying to off myself I promise. Just curious lol.

^ Well early on in my drug use I would use quaaludes and seconals (reds) to come down from cocaine (until I graduated to heroin). The only time I woke up and realized I vomited in my sleep was after taking seconal. They were for sure more dangerous than benzo's. Benzo's were promoted as safe, at least the initial release and cut over. Barbiturates were still pescribed as far as I know till the early 80's but slowly were phased out. Taking two reds was a lot more euphoric than taking two valium. It did produce a drunk type of feeling, not as euphoric as quaaludes (Rorer and Lemon 714's) but more noticable than benzo's. Now I am not a big downer guy, but I remember when a few doctors switched the prescription from barbiturates to benzo's and I heard the complaints. But the danger factor for barbs was big. People would commit suicide with a hand full of pills. I wonder what modern sleeping or anxiety pill people would use these days. Not sure, we know benzo's (by themselves and not mixed with alcohol or other downers) are a lot more resistant to OD's.

I think it was smart to replace barbiturates no matter how recreational. But it is also smart for people to realize these days that although benzo's are safer, the addiction is like non other s evidenced by people here that have been through it. So the glorifying part in rap video's seems silly and dangerous.

Last edited:
People are just nostalgic about something that used to be around and no longer is. If the government were to completely ban and reclassify alprazolam as a schedule 1 substance tomorrow, people decades from now would be talking about how Xanax bars would have you feel like you were floating on a cloud lol

I do think that benzos are a temporary fix. They will probably not stop trying to develop something less potent for anxiety in terms of the devastating withdrawal that comes with benzo dependency.

From what I gather as well, most doctors are not efficient at tapering down patients correctly. Some people say with a great doctor you can taper down effortlessly without feeling much of a withdrawal. A lot of doctors have been known to just cut patients off and force them onto something like gabapentin or a weaker benzo like ativan which could cause some issues for someone for sure. My friend has panic attack episodes on occasion and her alprazolam script was removed and altered into gabapentin randomly. She was pretty pissed.

People are just nostalgic about something that used to be around and no longer is.

Now if someone were to say the LSD was real in th 60's and all we have are strychnine and speed today then I would agree. :)(not quite the same logic but I already typed it lol) But I remember at that time the thoughts and feelings when people got their script changed.

Double edit to say : that is a lot benzo's Somaniferum, I would be in a coma 3 x over.

all we have are strychnine and speed today
This isn't accurate info, you know that, right?

I don't think that Alprazolam sucks. By stopping my really painful panic attacks, first I realized thatthey weren't really heart attacks then I slowly learned how to control them (most of the time) without using pharmaceuticals.
I abused them long after I mostly solved my panic disorder issue. I took up to 10 mg a day (I'm about 100kg) and it really made me enjoy my day. Loved to cook on it and watch nice shows. I took care of all the boring jobs that needed to be done without bitching about them. I didn't like taking them and going to sleep so inevitably I put myself in fucked up situations till I stopped using them. Went through some withdrawals after 2 years of heavy Alprazolam, Clonazepam and Diazepam abuse.
I think that they are great if used with some responsibility but can get very problematic and dangerous with high amounts.

Last edited:
This isn't accurate info, you know that, right?

Yes, but we all know those people. :) (logic on my analogy was off) Nostalgia comes into play and facts out the window. But rememering when seconals were replaced by dalmane was not a nostalgiac reaction. (Although dalmane, flurazepam, was fairly potent and had an intoxication compared to other not so hypnotic benzo's)

I do use xanax from time to time for sleep. It for sure has a use for me as I don't suffer from anxiety much but they would relieve it when I did.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is a rap video of all the people in the 1970's crying because benzos took the place of quaaludes, seconals, tuinals and all the other much better stuff?? Glorifying xanax. I know they are a life saver at very specific times and a God send for people with crippling anxiety, but every time I expect to feel euphoric and "chill" on the couch and watch TV I wonder why I even bothered. I usually feel worse, sleepy. Amnesiac. I will say they work for sleep very well, but could never understand how they are so popular. Let's face it, too many people that probably didn't need them got addicted to them needlessly. I saw that happen in my own family due to ignorance so maybe I am just bias do to the misery I saw.

"But rappers told me they were cool!"

Seriously though temazepam deserves credit for being a far superior benzo for recreation.

Valium is also very underrated by the Yanks, it's the most popular benzo in the UK and imo far more recreational than Xanax.

Xanax is useful for panic attacks, comedowns, and sleep... not for getting high though.