Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

your *wtf?* moments

onetwothreefour

Bluelight Crew
ok...that was weird. just got a call from a telemarketer trying to sell me a fire hydrant (??) and because he didn't start with the usual spiel i actually thought it might have been important...i thought he could have been calling in some official council kind of capacity as he was enquiring about smoke alarms, fire safety etc.

anyway...he starts shitting on, and i keep telling him i'm not interested, but i'm too nice to hang up. so he *keeps* shitting on. eventually i just say "look, i'm not gonna buy anything, wouldn't it be better if you just moved on to the next person?" and what happens..? he hung up on me!!! wtf?? has anyone else ever had a telemarketer hang up on them...isn't it meant to be the other way round?? and he didn't say bye or anything, he just hung up before i could even finish my sentence!

well, it just struck me as supremely weird, and i thought i'd start a thread dedicated to your every-day *what the fuck* moments :)

First thing to do with telemarketers is to get them to say their name again, and if need be ask them how to spell it. Then get them to confirm the company they work for. This way they won't try any stunts or bullshit cos they know you're one of those people who's likely to complain. ;)

Anyway, good thread. I'll try to think of some to add to this later... :)

hey i got a wtf today while shoppin in richmond... then cracked up laughing.

basically has anyone seen a restaurant on corner of swan and sumthing, the place is called "CURRY MUNCHERS" i kid u not i cracked up laughing in the middle of the street

Telemarketers are fun :) Ask them for their name and number and tell them you will call back, and when they refuse keep hassling them for it - I get a few hanging up on me hehe

or, sell something back to them :)

i picked up a telemarketer....twice.

two differnt people, but some of you may remember my post about 6 months back re: nice voice = good looking.

in both occasions, nice voice had equalled not so good looking. how embaressing.

che_melbourne said:

basically has anyone seen a restaurant on corner of swan and sumthing, the place is called "CURRY MUNCHERS" i kid u not i cracked up laughing in the middle of the street

Wow, you was about 3 mins walk from my work then. I work just around the corner. I've been to that place, and I will say "DO NOT EAT THERE!!" There were about 100 ants crawling about the tables near the windows. I didn't notice them until 1/2 way through the (if you can call it one) meal and it made me stop. The place is so fucking grubby and crap. It should be called Curry Spewers! So, don't eat there if you value not seeing ants during your meal.

Hey stop picking on telemarketers! thats what i do for a living and its such an emotionally stressful job...i hate it but its the only thing i can do during school hours while my son is at school and that i'm skilled for :(

i know i know...we are so annoying but we have a job to do to hey :\

haste...yep i would give someone my home number if they wanted it if it would lead to a sale...i work on commission only and i can go into work all day just in the hope of making something :X

please be nice to us desperate telelmarketers...its hard to stay positive with all the abuse we cop on the phone all day 8o

and im always polite by the way =D

SMILE EVERYONE %)

one that just jumped to mind was a time i was on the 735 bus from box hill, had just left the bus stop a minute or two ago, and at a turn where it says "KEEP CLEAR" in big letters on the raod there was a car stopped across it waiting for hte lights, so the bus couldnt turn, and the bus driver leaned out the window and stuck his finger up at the guy in the car and started hurling obscenities. there were many, but the one i remember most is "where did you get your license you pathetic pile of human excement??"...

wtf?

My brother's girlfriend went to sign up for Fitness First a few months back. She's a kiwi but she's been in Oz for over 3 years. The lady asked her name to which she replied "Sarah". The lady behind the counter then asked "Is that with an S?"

Now I know kiwi's have an accent but "is that with an S?"

wtf??

Now THIS is my type of thread!

So, so many moments!

Having a tractor pull up next to my mom's car at the lights, I was slightly dregged, so at first I didn't question it, and then after about 5 seconds I ventured a "mum is that a fucking tractor?". It was. ;)

I'll put more when I fucking remember them!

-plaz out-

doofqueen said:

please be nice to us desperate telelmarketers...its hard to stay positive with all the abuse we cop on the phone all day 8o

Ah doofqueen I have also walked a mile in your shoes and felt your pain.

I have done telemailing to fundraise for the uni that I used to attend and copped an earful from former engineering and law students who didnt want to donate to their faculty but had to be really rude about it.

Please people, a simple "I have no money"is much more polite than a "fuck off".

My wtf moment is when i rock up to the station to go to uni on a thursday morning, and all i see is truck loads of skank westies. Every 2nd person is a westy, always in a hurry, always asking for money and always talking to themselves.

Errgghh, how i dread pension days.

che_melbourne said:

che, it's funny huh, cracks me up too...

almost as much as the jeweller in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, called "Hung Fat".. ;)

Re: Now THIS is my type of thread!

plazma said:
So, so many moments!

Having a tractor pull up next to my mom's car at the lights, I was slightly dregged, so at first I didn't question it, and then after about 5 seconds I ventured a "mum is that a fucking tractor?". It was. ;)

this reminds me of seeing a tank, or armored personnel carrier, on the Riverside Expressway in Brisbane once.. I kinda wondered if they were lost or just taking the piss :)

-cb

Riot girl... i live in the west....but i dont wear a flanno.

my wtf moment, is that i was driving home last night from the city.

and i happend to go past a busways bus. which for some reason had printed on the back window: busways now goes from castle hill to mt drutt! .

can someone please explain who the fuck in castle hill wants to go to mount druitt?

Well, this was around the time of the Anzac holiday. I was on a bus to Parramatta for work, and the bus passed a school. On the announcement board, there was this:

LEST WE FORGET

School starts back Monday.

i had a dick head telemarketer dude a little while back.
this what happened.
me: (picks up phone) hello michael speaking
guy: (angry, gruff voice) do you want pest control, (plus short speil)
me: (in a nice voice coz i hear this guys not happy) no, sorry we dont need any.
guy:( slamms down the phone, and i mean slam!!, it sort of hurt my ears it was so loud.)
but what a mother fucker, hes trying to sell shit, not loose business.
BARSTARD!

y'all should chill the fuck out...

if you're not a person who can handle telemarketers, it's simple - hang up the phone as soon as you realize dudes are trying to sell you something or get market research. you don't even have to excuse yourselves.

i used to do that shit, trust me we didnt' care if you hung up the phone straight away, at least we knew where we stood, i mean, we call like hundreds of numbers a shift anyway... and we hear the same "no thankyou i'm not interested" shit like a trillion times, a simple *click*.... silence, is actually kinda better... or i thought so...