• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

your veiws on free heroin trials

Yeah you can find Heroin on legitimate English chemical supplier sites, but they ofcourse only sell to hospitals.

Actually heroin only became illegal in Australia in 1954 - and it was used in hospitals until supplies ran out - in the 70s! I've spoken to several midwives who administered heroin to women in labour (now they use pethedine) - they all say heroin is better than pethedine because it doesn't reduce consciousness/mental clarity as much...

In terms of the original post - I think it would be very diffilcult to get prescription heroin across the line, but it might be easier to look at some other opiate in injectable form . I've seen some reports on the original Merseyside project in the UK - apparently injectable methadone was offered alongside heroin (injectable), and no preference was shown for one over the other. However, when methadone became available in oral form only, people then showed a preference for heroin....

Actually heroin only became illegal in Australia in 1954 - and it was used in hospitals until supplies ran out - in the 70s!
8o Wow, I'd imagine that wasn't common knowledge back then, or maybe it was, but not considered sensationalistic enough for media to run with it. It would be a different story today though.....