Your Productions Go Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YoshiExcel | Live Again

i haven't listened to trance in ages, so this was a nice refreshing change :) the kick sounds suitably big, and i like the melodic work. i think the main synth sounds are perhaps a touch too loud in the overall mix, but again because of mp3 issues it might just be that the bass sounds get a bit lost in the compression.

i like the sliding portamento synth sound that peaks at around 3:00, it has a really wistful and simple melodic power to it, which i really look for in trance. it has a slightly retro feel to it which is cool as well.

i really do think it would benefit from being revisited to sort out the levels a bit... the percussion could be a bit crisper as well. i like the drum patterns in the mini-breakdown at 6:00, that's nice man and i'd like to see some percussive work in that vein to help the chorus fly along. nice melodies and nice synth sounds man, they maybe just need to be given a proper chance to shine!

hey all,

i have quite a few things for people to listen to on here. i make beats by myself, and i also collaborate with my boy dpp. by myself i go by this name (anitserk), and when i am collaborating, we go by monocle.

we are both students at the berklee college of music in boston. we are both music synthesis majors there, which is basically a fancy way of saying we make beats.

when i am working alone, i tend to make sort of downtempo electronica. i am really into techno as well, which i'm gonna start doing, but for now you can listen to some of the downtempo stuff i've done.

check it out at my myspace page:

www.myspace.com/anitserk

as far as monocle goes, we do more dancey stuff. we JUST posted a new track up there that we took down to the detroit electronic music festival to pass around. it is called "sorry we missed you" and it is comparable to some of the stuff on the get physical label in berlin. the rest of the tracks up there are part of an EP we did for the winter music conference, titled "sex therapy."

monocle's myspace page:

www.myspace.com/monoclemusik

if any of you are DJ's and are interested in audio-quality versions of any of these tracks, hit me up on either myspace page and we will try to hook you up.

thanks, and drop me a line to let me know what you think!

bah, i can't believe i've gotta come in here and tell people to review tracks or else ppl won't comment on em. jeez. it's been like 3yrs dammit :p

since then i've been dj'ing heaps more than producing, won the first run of a local dj comp and supported carl cox in jan this year :D gotta be happy with that.

aeon - spike (dr seuss) - whoa, nice intro. love that waterdrop that jumps between my ears... you making most of these organic sounds with operator?

damn, this is cool so far. most psy isn't as detailed as this (tiny little audio cut at 1:20 makes me moist) and i'm usually bored by the same old repetitive dug-a-dug psy bassline, but this is all working really nicely... love that bell-like melody. AND the constantly changing perc. wicked.

wow, massive drop, didn't expect that. i would be jumping around like a madman to this. i'm gonna point my psyloving mates in the direction of this one :D

i'm still into my techno, but also into my minimal and house...

here's a short little house jam that i originally wrote the bassline for on my phone while bored at work one day :) i pulled out the 909 samples and went for it. done over the past few weeks. CHECK IT!

dante - atone: here's a techno track i wrote early last year after some interesting family circumstances. moody with melodic elements peeking through the darkness at times. have a read of the ID3 tag for more info.

bandsaw 2006 is a rework of a track i played at my first ever live gig.. it's somewhat better now. take a listen (warning, hard distorted grooves ahead).

Last edited:
Suess, sorry it's taken me a while to get to this.

I had a few listens to your song. It was very enjoyable listening to it with a 'production' head on :)

There's quite alot going on with it during the 11mins! I really liked the panning you worked into it. That was the first thing to stand out. Did you do much work on that or did vst's produce it naturally?

I'm also really jealous of your bass drum. You've got it sounding quite hard but not at all imposing or obnoxious.

I like the track, it's not my type of music but it's extremely well put together indeed. Like I said to Hydra after that producers competition, you've come a long way since then!!

Dante ... I really liked your house track. Fucking deadly for whacking together the basics on your phone :) It's a nice little track with a nice flow and melody to it.

Fried Man said:
Hey DJAcetone, Your song Higher Learning, the two bars in the beginning with just the drum beat, bass, and i think MLK speaking, I would just loop that, Thats a dope beat. The bass in the beginning is DOPE! I dont like when the harmony kicks in, I would make the track darker or "tougher sounding." If you don't mind, I'd like to remix it, get a high quality version of the song. possibly without MLK speaking, just the beat and bass.

Disco science is a pretty fun track. I'd totally drop that beat if I was spinnin a slow acid set. Def dig it, sounds a bit amateur but I like it like that.

The other two I didn't care for the strawberry song and amphetamine song.

You said the complete opposite of what everyone else has told me, which goes to show you: never listen to critics, especially if you already have a record contract :)

My Experimental Trax

Hey
Check out myspace.com/chaoticgrey
to hear my new tracks. Trust me you will trip out on them.

thanks Dante & Rock Lobster - will reply in depth when i get a moment (and dante will check your new shizzle out - nice to see ya round, it feels like ages since i last heard your stuff! :))

Hello people of Bluelight! I lurk around this place, but usually am too scared to post, except for when I want to advertise my wares. I peddle music for a living and this is my latest song. I like this song more than many others I have done, though it perhaps needs a little work, maybe you could give me some pointers? It has bass that sounds like a detuned cat, some happy/sad FM action and then some background singing. This is the link to the song and this is my myspace if you like what you hear and maybe want to communicate further. thankyou, mark.

You can check out my/our tracks here lemme know whatcha think :)
Im dj devisra

http://www.myspace.com/dnt

oblio I cant even see your player on myspace, I was gonna check out your stuff
myspace is a mess right now. grrr

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.