• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Your Personal Opiate Withdrawal Arsenal

(No this is the right spot Pheonix08, at least for WD aids. You can always PM me or another Mod if you have posting questions)

As far as mixing Lope, You're only going to cancel out one or the other ime. Loperamide is a dirty high, if you could call it a high. It provides some relief but at the price of an uncomfortable body load and some other scary side effects if the dose gets too high.

Another issue is that the dose and creepy side effects vary from person to person so there's no standard dose. I would stick to the T3's and know that Lope's relief comes with a price afterwards, def not a magic bullet. It can also cause electrical impulse problems with your heart.

(No this is the right spot Pheonix08, at least for WD aids. You can always PM me or another Mod if you have posting questions)

As far as mixing Lope, You're only going to cancel out one or the other ime. Loperamide is a dirty high, if you could call it a high. It provides some relief but at the price of an uncomfortable body load and some other scary side effects if the dose gets too high.

Another issue is that the dose and creepy side effects vary from person to person so there's no standard dose. I would stick to the T3's and know that Lope's relief comes with a price afterwards, def not a magic bullet. It can also cause electrical impulse problems with your heart.

Holy fuck really? Man I'm glad I've never tried that shit. Wow. The stuff u guys are saying just goes to show that it should only be used for the shittins lmfao.

Will kratom cause withdrawals to extend? Make them last longer? Similar to what would happen with you got high during w/d?

Or is it possible to take kratom for 3-4 days through the worst days and not "set myself back? Hypothetically?

Will kratom cause withdrawals to extend? Make them last longer? Similar to what would happen with you got high during w/d?

Or is it possible to take kratom for 3-4 days through the worst days and not "set myself back? Hypothetically?

Whenever you take any substance that stimulates your opiate receptors during opiate withdrawl you are prolonging your withdrawls (unless used as part of a taper). The only way to get through withdrawls is for the body to return to homeostasis and the only way that this can be achieved is by abstaining from the drug.

^ i find promethazine to cause horrendous RLS (and restless arms) during WD. i'd keep away from it - for me it made things way, way worse.

What does pheibut do for heroin withdrawal?

Is it any different then Neurotin?

Also clonidine seems to work great. Are there any other options to it? Also how do I go about getting prescribed this? Ive been told to tell the doctor im quitting smoking but Id rather not be lying to them. Will they prescribe it if I tell them I am going through withdrawal?

^ i find promethazine to cause horrendous RLS (and restless arms) during WD. i'd keep away from it - for me it made things way, way worse.

Yeah that's fair enough, RLS is awful...have you tried baclofen or neuroleptics for RLS? I forgot to add them to my w/d arsenal.

ive always been able to get benzos and clonidine prescribed if I was honest with the doctor about going through opiate withdrawal

Benzos n Kratom are the truth

Thing is, kratom is only working for withdrawls due to its opioid effects abd taking an opioid to combat opioid withdrawl is defeating the point.. obviously it works, but taking oxy or heroin to combat opioid withdrawl works too for the same reason.

It depends if we're talking about masking the symptoms of withdrawl with NON opioid meds with the goal of getting clean from opioids or just masking then until the next fix.. if the former is the goal then taking kratom during withdrawls is a terrible idea unless its part of a very controlled taper

Hi, I’d really appreciate advise here. Been chasing the dragon for eight years mildly and very addicted for the last three. W/D is overwhelmingly painful and depressing even in the latter stages and I couldn’t cope so transferred to small doses of methodone and now to subutex but guess, though potentially lowered, I’m still addicted. I enjoy being free all day after some subutex but it’s taking its toll and need increasing doses to feel ok. I’m hypersensitive as I’m realising and also experiencing some mental health issues - returned from the past. Realise now how hard I worked to maintain mental my stability and now that all feels lost. I’d like to try Kratom and considering Ibogaine and Ahiawask treatment. I also have some pregabalin but really nervous to self-medicate alone. I think I have beta blockers. I can’t do cold turkey to go from one drug to another safely - so can any if these ‘hopefuls’ be used with sub’s? I’ve had eight stress free better functional years then I can ever remember but addiction sucks and W/D even more. Can anyone advise me whether withdrawal from Sub’s is harder than gear? Have I increased my problems?

If I withdrawal from my Suboxone I’ve got lots of heroin analogs to cover me...

-GC

I gotta tell ya, kratom is a lifesaver. But, as others have pointed out, the Venn diagram overlaps just enough that when you have to stop Kratom, it's not fun. I went through this recently. Quit H (sniffing .2 a day, good shit, long legs), used kratom to quit. Had to use 35, 40g in the first day or two. Weened myself down to 2 grams, 4 times a day. Stuck with that for a few months. When I quit the kratom, it was awful in a completely different way than opiate withdrawal. I would say it was mental, but it was more than that. It was anxiety and aggressive anhedonia. Honestly in some ways opioid withdrawal is a bit more palatable, to me, anyway. Kratom has such an array of active compounds in it, that if you do it for a while, then you're building a tolerance to those multiple things. That's why I think just a pure 7-OH-Hydroxymitraginine extract or whatever would be better to use than full plant material kratom. I know the collective theory is that extracts are bad, mmkay. But my theory is the broad spectrum of the whole leaf kratom's compounds contributes to the unpleasantness of quitting it. And hey, I shouldn't have jumped from 8g to nothing. But man, it was just like... I hated everything. Hate is the wrong word. Everything was extremely bothersome and unpleasant- going to work, daily house chores, and the worst is even things that used to bring me joy, vegging out on a show or youtube or gaming... I couldn't muster the drive to do it. That's what's worst about kratom withdrawal, everything feels like work. Even things that are supposed to be fun. Banging my ex-girlfriend who drunk dials me felt like too much effort. Plus without any opioid, I squirt in 2 seconds, so I psyched myself out of it. I digress.

In any case, alcohol, baclofen, xanax, gabapentin, and weed- they help. Kratom does too, in the early phase. Use it for a week. Then use the xans, gabs, and bacs to help mellow you out. It's good to rotate them. I've tested this myself. Do as much baclofen you need for a day, then do xanax the next. Then do gabapentin the next. It takes discipline, but it helps to not get hooked any of those things. Anyway, there's my 2 cents. And then for post-acute withdrawal, a good 5mg of adderall is a godsend. If you've burned out your dopamine system, then 5 migs won't cut it, but the idea is to take just enough to get you going. A little coffee, a little chopped up addy approximately 3 to 5 migs, it fuckin helps.

Hi... thx for all this.. I can see the complete sense in what you’re saying... please - what is adderall...?

It's hard for me to believe that eight years after starting this topic, it not only made the list of helpful threads, but that it is still helping people. As long as opiates are around though, withdrawal will be too.

This isn't a shameless pat on my own back though. While I haven't seem any major changes in how to deal with WD in the past eight years (with the possible exception of the NSS-2 device called The Bridge), one tangential area of technology has advanced to warrant mention here:

Portable, Inflatable Hot Tubs.

They're everywhere now and some are quite cheap compared to the non-inflatable kind. And for anyone who has been in the midst of WD and has taken a warm bath and seen the worst part of WDs magically disappear (the RLS int case and I would bet it's the same for most), the arrival of these things are a godsend.

While a hot bath will do wonders, lying in a ceramic tub for hours is not the most comfortable thing to do and you'll have to constantly refill with hot water. These inflatable hot tubs are both way more comfortable, are designed to stay at a constant temp, and the better ones have invigorating, massaging jets that only makes things better

Many of them also come with accessories to make the experience even better: head rests, anti-slip seats, and cup holders for your DXM hot toddy (an invention of my own that mixes straight dxm cough syrup, whiskey, hot water, and honey; it maybsouns gross but don't knock it til you try it and boy howdy, it helps me a ton).

So, next time you're not in WDs and have about $300 - $800 on hand, make the wise investment you will thank yourself for later. Even the $300 ones work quite well and as it gets more expensive, you're just adding more features.

Between this, my dxm hot toddies, and just enough loperamide to keep that unpleasant symptom in check, that's all I need anymore. No more weird zombification from gabapentin/pregablin. No more clonidine, which will take its own taper once youre done with it, and no more twisting and turning from RLS.

So, I hope this addition to this thread brings you a new level of ease and comfort during the time of ones most harrowing uneasiness and discomfort.

Although I'm fortunate enough to very rarely go into withdrawal (it's usually only when my guy is out/waiting to get more) I still have made up my own little medkit over the years.

When I know I'm going to be withdrawing for a little bit I take advantage of the following:
Clonidine
Gabapentin
Klonopin
- I feel Klonopin is better than Xanax. It lasts longer and is much "smoother"
Benedryl
Immodium
Tylenol/Ibuprofen
(helps with the general aches and pain you may have)
Trazodone (a godsend for insomnia especially with the Klonopin Benedryl combo.)

Some of these medications interact with or potentiate the effects of each other so if you use anything on my list be weary of Dosages and the interactions of these drugs.

Another Herb you should look into getting is Kratom, that stuff will save your life. If you have a high tolerance it may not get you high but it will most certainly relieve your withdrawal symptoms or make you feel well altogether.

Right now I have:

MIT45 Kratom Extract
Klonopins
Gabapentin

These 3 seem to do the trick.
I also have some Suboxone strips but really don't want to use them.
If I really have trouble sleeping I'll take a Remeron too.