• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Your informed opinions welcomed: Physical Symptoms / Cocaine withdrawal

readytoroam

Bluelighter
Good Morning

I would welcome input from persons with specific experience pertaining to the following:

I am only too aware that the question of Physical Dependence upon cocaine, is much asked and answered; however in this instance there are further considerations which I hope renders the question valid. I shall try and keep as brief as possible.

My long standing belief is that cocaine, most certainly in powder form and of a good level of quality is in no way physically addictive. I base this on a number of examples the most clear of which consisted my daily use upwards 1g for a period of more than three (3) years followed by complete, prolonged, abstinence with no ill effects whatsoever.

The question in this instance however, is as follows:

Over the course of the last 30 days I have been using (smoking) in freebase form daily in quantities ranging from .2 - 1.0.

I am interested in expectations based on experience as to any symptoms I am likely to experience - specifically physical - as a result of stopping without notice.

I suspect that any physical discomfort will be limited to a psycho symatic (don't appear to be able to spell this!) nature, but would welcome considerations.

R.T.R.

After my first run of IV coke - about two weeks - my physical dependence showed dramatically. Signs of dependence: sleeping 20 hours /day for two weeks, adhodenia terrible, dysphoric, dreaming about using ("drug dreams") most people with serious addictions to coke / meth / heroin experience these dreams if they fairly suddenly stop all use - like going onto maintenance, or abstinace.

A bit of a ramble, but after 25 years exp., with cocaine from every source imaginable, including in the countries its made, informs me it is physically dependence forming. Tolerance alone kinda points to this as truth.

Argue away.

H.R. The coke in North America is shit. South American, sourced near the area it's processed is a very different experience and may be less dependence forming. Not certain, not intending to find out.

My experience is cocaine has very little if no physical withdrawal. I would compare it to marijuana withdrawal: noticeable but only if you were looking for it.

I was smoking crack daily for 18 months until stopping when I went to rehab this past April. All I noticed was some depression and suicidal ideation. However, I was coming off benzos and heroin at the same time so it is hard to tell what symptoms belonged to which drug.

Like Speedballs_over mentioned the dreams I did notice. After stopping all of those substances (I had been doing heroin and benzos far longer than crack) I only had dreams about smoking crack. I might go so far as to say the cravings were as severe as those for heroin.

In any case any withdrawal you experience will likely be close to nonexistent, at least relative to traditionally physically addictive substances and I would guess far less than the physical withdrawal from other stimulants like meth.

As suspected - now 7 days since consuming any cocaine based substances pleased to advise no physical withdrawals, no using dreams, and no cravings either really.

Primary reason being, I think, that stimulants are not my DOC on the whole; that and the reasonable short duration of use.

That said, pride before a fall and all that - I will not be taking this as gospel in relation to any future use ... could have just been lucky this time.

Hello there!

I have done my fair share of cocaine, and can tell you a little bit about the symptoms etc. So let's get started! The way you take cocaine in will have little impact on your withdrawal. Cocaine provides a rush of dopamine, which is responsible for keeping you happy. When you use, what you will find is that this chemical floods your transmitters. The reason why cocaine is so addictive in the short-term is because right after, your body struggles to produce more of dopamine on it's own. This will cause you to feel hopeless or maybe depressed afterwards with some anxiety. You are only actually going to experience physical symptoms for a maximum of usually twenty four hours after use; but, for the next few days you will feel blah, and will not want to do anything. So what ends up happening is the exact opposite of why you actually use it in the first place which is to lift your mood and have some energy. I find the next day or two, I am usually alright without it, but about day three I am thinking about it non-stop. I hope this helps!

The only physical symptoms I had was the first day or two after using. I'd be nauseated, yet starving, often accompanied by chills/sweats, and physical symptoms brought on by anxiety. That being said, the symptoms I've had were more mental: intense cravings, anxiety, depression, self-loathing, etc.

Good Morning

I would welcome input from persons with specific experience pertaining to the following:

I am only too aware that the question of Physical Dependence upon cocaine, is much asked and answered; however in this instance there are further considerations which I hope renders the question valid. I shall try and keep as brief as possible.

My long standing belief is that cocaine, most certainly in powder form and of a good level of quality is in no way physically addictive. I base this on a number of examples the most clear of which consisted my daily use upwards 1g for a period of more than three (3) years followed by complete, prolonged, abstinence with no ill effects whatsoever.

The question in this instance however, is as follows:

Over the course of the last 30 days I have been using (smoking) in freebase form daily in quantities ranging from .2 - 1.0.

I am interested in expectations based on experience as to any symptoms I am likely to experience - specifically physical - as a result of stopping without notice.

I suspect that any physical discomfort will be limited to a psycho symatic (don't appear to be able to spell this!) nature, but would welcome considerations.

R.T.R.

You counterdicted yourself. I'll let you figure that out. In addition, you admitted to polydrug use, which may make you think it is not a real issue.

I was using a gram or more of quality cocaine daily for 3-4 years. Only in the powder form and only taken up the nose and I'd have to disagree with you slightly. When I stopped I suffered a few physical symptoms such as nausea, feeling extremely lethargic however when going to sleep feeling extremely uncomfortable, non stop fidgeting, muscle aches and night sweats. However these were nothing compared to the psychological effects.