• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Your Favorite Quotes..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darth Vader: "Stop being a bitch, join the dark side already! It's really nice, you get the black cape, and the red light saber!" =D

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found

"Hello dad"
Said to me by my 19 year old son that I hadn't seen since he was 4 months old.
Best words I have ever had spoken to me.

That's wonderful max <3

'No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart.' Fitzgerald.

"we stiill live in a dangerous world" - George Bush Sr.

in the context of bill hicks revelations and about how thats only true because we arm the world, then send in troops to bomb the shit out of the evil iraqi's who converted the "farming equipment" we sold them into highly advanced weaponry.

“But that night as I drove back to Montreal, I at least discovered this: that there is no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and that the human tragedy, or the human irony, consists in the necessity of living with the consequences of actions performed under the pressure of compulsions so obscure we do not and cannot understand them.”

- Hugh Maclennan

It's from his book The Watch That Ends The Night which i must pick up the next time I'm at a decent book store.

Last edited:
"Art Should Comfort the Disturbed and Disturb the Comfortable."

~ Cesar A. Cruz

“My trouble is that I think there is a track things should stay on. I’m hooked to a belief that life should go a certain way. I develop an attachment to Plan A and set up my expectations accordingly. An important part of spiritual practice is to learn to let go, to recognize that Plan A exists only in my head. When I find myself irritated by change in my schedule or resisting whatever is happening around me, I tell myself, ‘We’re now in Plan B.’ In fact, it’s become a daily mantra: Life as Plan B. It makes it much easier for me to relax and surrender to the moment.” ~Denise Roy

This is really cool. And resonates with my philosophy as well.

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
— Vincent Van Gogh

<3

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves".

By Victor Frankl

I want to heal,
I want to feel,
Like I'm close to something real
I want to find something I've wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
-Linkin Park <3

The happiest and most successful people have tailored a life that concentrates on their strengths rather than what is normative.

—Angella Nazarian

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

~Robert Frost
<3

I've just had to Google the rest of the poem Spork, it's not one I've come across before. Oh! Wow, wonderful stuff. Such apparent straight-forwardness in the telling of a simple tale, yet soooooo richly layered with meaning. <3 indeed.

I've been reading Shunryu Suzuki Roshi's "Zen Mind, Beginners Mind" this week, mostly skimming through, dipping in and out. I have returned to the last page over and over since I first read it days ago. There is something here, some truth I maybe haven't quite grasped yet that keeps calling me back to it:

We must have beginner's mind, free from possessing anything, a mind which knows everything is in flowing change. Nothing exists but momentarily in its present form and color. One thing flows into another and cannot be grasped. Before the rain stops we hear a bird. Even under the heavy snow we see snowdrops and some new growth. In the East I saw rhubarb already. In Japan in the spring we eat cucumbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.