• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Your Favorite Quotes; Vs "I Have a Dream"

"Every fool gets to be young once"

Last line in the final scene from American gangster

Oh Come, Let's Run From This Ring We're In Where The Christians Clap, And The Germans Grin. Make Them Both Confess.--Joni Mitchell.

There Is No Greater Sorrow Than When An Immortal Loses A Mortal Loved One .

Well, Well You Never Can Tell.
You Might Go To Heaven.
And You Might Go To Hell.

Revolution Came.
And They BLEW It.
Made A Hole Three Centuries Deep.
They FILLED It.
They Swept Them Off The Streets.
All The Freaks.
All The FINEST.
Now We're Wading Knee Length Deep.
I Can't Tell You What The Time Is.
Cuz The Nearest Clock Is Ten Miles Up.
I Am Too Short Sighted.
Have I Seen TOO MUCH?
Have I Seen TOO MUCH?

"I’m somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they’ll all like me. I’ll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It’s a reason to get up in the morning. It’s a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It’s a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hmm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I’m alone. Your father’s gone, you’re gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I’m lonely. I’m old... I like the way I feel. I like thinking about the red dress and the television and you and your father. Now when I get the sun, I smile."

- Sara Goldfarb, Requiem for a Dream [Hubert Selby Jr.]

"Peter: [reading the newspaper} Hmm, that's odd. I thought that would be big news...there seems to be an absence of some ornithological piece. A headline regarding mass awareness of a certain avian variety...
Brian: What the hell are you talking about?
Peter: Oh, you haven't heard? I was under the impression that everybody's heard.
Brian: Heard what?
Stewie: Brian - don't!
Peter: Well a bird-bird-bird bir-birds the word! A well a bird bird bird bir-birds the word! Don't you know, about the bird?!..."

- Family Guy

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink;
You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think"

- unknown