• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Your experience of the RUSH when IVing

Status
Not open for further replies.

M0NSTER

Bluelighter
Hello there. New poster, long time lurker here, and very grateful for the information and community this forum provides. I hope I am posting in the right section.

I?ve been using prescription opiates (dilaudid, oxy, morphine sulfate) for about a year now. I have snorted, eaten, insuffulated, and rectally administered all substances I use, all with great results. I do much research, read forums, understand boa, mixing substances, switching methods and sites and so on. I use with a friend (never alone) and have naloxone, and have administered it to clients and friends. I teach harm reduction in a community health centre so I am somewhat well versed in substance use.

I have recently (~3 months) been iving my drugs and I want to compare notes. Some of my friends and clients say they feel the rush in their stomach, I find that I immediately (within 5-10 seconds) feel a rush to the neck and into my head. It?s not unpleasant but it feels intense, and I have not heard of others who feel this way. I?m curious to hear what others experiences are. How long have you been using your substance of choice, iving, and where do you feel the rush? Thank you for your time and I?m looking forward to reading about your experiences!

Last edited:
Well, this is an extremely subjective question. I doubt that the experience is exactly the same for anyone. I ROA was IV for a long time, mostly opiates, but coke and meth and whatever else I could IV (that's why I need to use my subclavian for any kind of blood test now, ALL my peripheral veins and my the ones on my neck have disappered).
But I usually felt warm electricity starting from my stomach and spreading in both directions, down to my toes and up to my brain. I would have to sit down if I was standing and that feeling would take over my mind and body. I couldn't think about anything other than how good (and a little scary, even with opiates. I was always thinking "is this how it finally ends?", but the effects would take such a strong hold that it didn't matter if I died or not.) it felt. I would fade into a dream like state and nod in and out of reality.

Other times I would IV (mostly H) and feel high as fuck for about 30 seconds then wake up on the floor 2 hours later, pissed that I wasted my high and go prepare another potentially lethal injection.

My .02c

Status
Not open for further replies.