You are a TROLL !! End of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derschieber

Bluelighter
Dear BL
I was banned for Trolling

Banning me is perfectly ok at any time for any reason whatsoever. No argument there.
If it pleases you to ban me, suddenly, without warning or explanation, then all is good and well - like a well-oiled machine.

You really got me that time. Big surprise. One minute I am laughing and chatting, feeling warm and cosy within the safety of BLUA compliance...and suddenly PUFF !! Everything shuts down.
YOU ARE A TROLL !!
I've been called worse.

Strewth. You caught me laughing hahaha...I can only assume you didn't like that.
It's ok, we don't need an explanation.
There might be some ways to improve the forum, and I have some ideas about that. Maybe we can have a conversation some time.

I'm not sure what to do about the laughing though ?...the more you ban it, ? the funnier it gets hahaha :ROFLMAO: lolzzzey

I can feel another ban coming on.
It's a feeling-thing, isn't it.
I made a post on the Trump thread a few minutes ago. It contains some good-natured HR, peppered with a little dry, cynical humor. 100% BLUA/Guidelines compliant.
But I'm laughing. My post made me laugh a little. Should I feel guilty about that? Am I a bad person if I don't feel ashamed?

Did you know that 'lol lol' rhymes with 'troll lol' ? How weird is that?

Is it really forbidden to laugh out loud when chatting in the Trump thread?
Am I a freak? I kinda am actually, but is there something everyone here knows that I don't?

There doesn't seem to be any information about troll lol loling.

Maybe it's time to have a conversation about that. Ban me first if it makes you feel better. Then we can lol together and have a chat.
I never see myself as a troll. I look and I don't see it.
If that is what you see, maybe you can help me see it too.

What if I really am a Troll? I've never thought about that. Maybe I should get a big troll-hammer and start hitting stuff.

There must be a cure, right? Is it contagious? I noticed that no one is replying on the Trump thread all of a sudden, since I posted there.
LOOK OUT !! A TROLL !!! QUICK...RUN...aaaah...

What do you see? Am I like some kind of Werewolf? Should I be quarantined? Put me in a cage like an animal. A freak loling and trolling out of control.

Is there a policy, or belief that 'Once a Troll, always a Troll'? Surely not Maybe there is a way to taper off gradually.

Why not start a Tapering-Off thread for recovering trolls? Couldn't that be a thing?
I don't want to be a troll anymore. I don't even know what a troll is.
Was I born this way? Is it like an orientation? A racial thing?
Childhood trauma? I remember accidentally swallowing Lego-blocks when I was little, one got stuck in my throat. Mum freaked right out lol.
So many questions...
Are there any trolls here who can share their experience?

Am I the only one?
Help me please.

Well one thing you could do that might help your case is not continually opening new threads here. This ones your fourth. At this rate there seem to be more threads than times you've been banned. You could just continue your request for help in an existing one.

there seem to be more threads than times you've been banned.
Thanks Jess. For someone like me, that's a compliment :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Somewhere in this thread there are real questions. If you have read my previous threads, then you know I became focused on BLUA & forum guidelines.
I took them to heart.

I am not making a complaint - Imagine my shock when suddenly I am banned for "Trolling". No explanation, no warning, not anyone who would take me aside and explain the rules, before or after the ban. Nothing.

Of course I already knew the rules...I'm the rules master as of late. Well...I thought I was. As it turns out, there is a 25th rule.

BLUA #25 you may not: be Troll lol loling on Bluelight without authorization;

I looked everywhere for this rule, but for some reason it doesn't show up in my browser.
Don't bother checking. It's not on yours either.

If I was the innocent martyr-type (hated by mods even more than trolls), I would have a pretty good case to complain about.
Unfortunately I'm far from innocent.

Even though the use of a secret BLUA rule to ban me for laughing at the toxic Trump quagmire over at CEP is unfair, I instinctively understood that what I did was wrong.

The Trump thread is a dark place, where several people are hopelessly wallowing in grave misery. It should be moved to The Dark Side asap. I had no right to laugh at that.
You know I am being sincere. I didn't laugh today.

Anyhow, if you could explain the hidden BLUA rule about Trolling, and any other secret guidelines you lot have kept up your sleeves, that will be of great assistance towards my effort to support & guide your gang of Trumpaholics back to happiness.

I look forward to the day when we can all laugh together ?☺???

Best wishes always.

I think its a bit rich personally banning Dersh for supporting trump from what i can see thats all shes said and she was only doing it in a casual tone way obviously ive had trouble in that section to so i dont really post their anymore maybe you should do the same Dersh

Thanks Jess. For someone like me, that's a compliment :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Somewhere in this thread there are real questions. If you have read my previous threads, then you know I became focused on BLUA & forum guidelines.
I took them to heart.

I am not making a complaint - Imagine my shock when suddenly I am banned for "Trolling". No explanation, no warning, not anyone who would take me aside and explain the rules, before or after the ban. Nothing.

Of course I already knew the rules...I'm the rules master as of late. Well...I thought I was. As it turns out, there is a 25th rule.

BLUA #25 you may not: be Troll lol loling on Bluelight without authorization;

I looked everywhere for this rule, but for some reason it doesn't show up in my browser.
Don't bother checking. It's not on yours either.

If I was the innocent martyr-type (hated by mods even more than trolls), I would have a pretty good case to complain about.
Unfortunately I'm far from innocent.

Even though the use of a secret BLUA rule to ban me for laughing at the toxic Trump quagmire over at CEP is unfair, I instinctively understood that what I did was wrong.

The Trump thread is a dark place, where several people are hopelessly wallowing in grave misery. It should be moved to The Dark Side asap. I had no right to laugh at that.
You know I am being sincere. I didn't laugh today.

Anyhow, if you could explain the hidden BLUA rule about Trolling, and any other secret guidelines you lot have kept up your sleeves, that will be of great assistance towards my effort to support & guide your gang of Trumpaholics back to happiness.

I look forward to the day when we can all laugh together ?☺???

Best wishes always.

dont take it to heart dersh trump haters are still mostly human like us inside ;)

I think its a bit rich personally banning Dersh for supporting trump
if only we did ban people for supporting trump. maybe we should actually start doing that since they've been screaming for years that we're doing it, somehow managing to post about it despite always being banned for it....? so then is this an admission of ban dodging?

I think its a bit rich personally banning Dersh for supporting trump[/quote]

Not the case. People can support Trump and not be edited, warned, or banned. Those actions are taken for voilating forum or site guidelines, which we put in place for the well being of the site. One's political views should not, and do not, effect how rules are enforced.

from what i can see

You should bear in mind that members don't see everything. There can be posts that are quickly removed or edited which you do not see. Also, there can be activity in other forums by the member you are observing and unless you're stalking them around the site, you don't know how they behave elsewhere. Keep in mind, we can see a lot more than the members.

thats all shes said and she was only doing it in a casual tone way obviously

It is common knowledge that 'tone' doesn't convey across the internet well. This can lead to misunderstandings, but the staff is instructed to have patience and give benefit of the doubt. If there is concern, staff confer to ensure all read something the same way. Then begins the usually slow escalation of communicating to the member they are acting out of bounds before it rises to the point of temp bans. This process is somewhat f'd up right now given our recent change of software and staff still getting used to how the new system works.

ive had trouble in that section to so i dont really post their anymore maybe you should do the same Dersh

I'm sorry you feel that way. Personally, I've liked your posting in there and would encourage more folks to do the same. Having a wide variety of opinions and voices helps broaden minds and educate all of us about other perspectives and possibilities. But it remains the member's choice to join in or not.

if only we did ban people for supporting trump. maybe we should actually start doing that since they've been screaming for years that we're doing it, somehow managing to post about it despite always being banned for it....? so then is this an admission of ban dodging?

Do you honestly think this comment helps in any way at all? Perhaps it helps you vent a little, but is it constructive for the topic at hand, or any interactions with members?

Dear BL
I was banned for Trolling

etc. etc. etc.

Dersch,

A few points of clarification. Keep in mind, that when I write replies like this, and direct it at an individual, I an quite often remaining very cognizent of who else is reading it in near time (mods, members, lurkers, etc) but also who may read it in the future. My message to you is intended for everyone to read and understand from it, so don't take it too personally.

You were warned, more than once. Some of those warnings come with points that add up and trigger a temp ban (see the escalating points system if anyone is interested). We've admitted a problem by which the system WILL trigger a temp ban based on points earned, but it does NOT pull people back out of the temp ban at the appropriate timing and we are working to address that. For now, it is a manual thing only admin can do, and that means it is subject to delay. Step back up the process to where the mods are warning and assigning points - this also is a new system for the mods and we'e trying to build consistency in how the system is used (how many points for what, do they expire, if so when). This is a learning phase for staff, and any members getting warned may experience inconsistency from us but we are working to address that as well. It takes a bit of time. Staying with the staff enforcement of rules, and that 'slow escalation getting a member in line', we have experienced some turnover recently and not all newer mods have been given the instructions necessary. There may be instances where a mod is too quick to issue warnings or points when we would prefer they begin much more softly with private messages explaining what's expected, possibly public replies in thread to inform ALL members in the discussion what is expected, and then move on to edits, and eventually warnings, then finally warnings with points towards temp bans. We, as a staff, have the opportunity to improve how we train our newer mods to follow this slow escalation. In the meantime, if mistakes are made, we can usually undo them a bit. In Dersch's case specifically, we went back and removed some of the warnings and points.

But now I'll take it one further step upstream in this process, before the staff get involved. It all begins with the member. Dersch is giving examples of our rules, which we expect he knows well enough by now. There are site rules like the Bluelight User Agreement (BLUA) and each forum may have more specific rules they have created as relates to their forum content. These aren't hidden, or secret in any way. New members, as they join and are pointed to New Member Introductions (NMI) should experience a lot of opportunities to know what's expected of them and to ask questions if it is unclear - all well in advance of running afoul of the rules and earning a temp ban. We have hundreds of new registrations per week, only a tiny fraction merit a talking too, and an even smaller number start earning warnings and bans early in their BL career. My point here is we aren't hunting members, we're acting on their inability to follow the rules put in front of them.

If you have a serious issue that you think can benefit others by being discussed here, great. If you have a serious issue you think is likely just yours alone and requires an admin to look into it, we do have our admin email account ([email protected] - ALL admin have access and can respond).

I'll close with this, and it is directed at Dersch personally. It appears to me you are getting a good bit of amusement from this all around. I appreciate you are patient with us as we sort our issues, but ask that you consider behaving within the rules, and if you have questions - ask. Specifically, ask the mods of the forum in question as THEY are the front line of staff interaction with members. Nearly all of them would be happy to help if asked. I will ask that you drop your use of Support and Technical Help (STH) as a play room. You've shown a fairly unique personality that can bring a fresh perspective on various BL forums, but this forum is specifically intended for help - either understanding how the technical features of the site work (how to send a private message, how to add an image to a post) or if there are account problems (my password won't reset, I'm locked out of my account). It is not an area intended to poke at the site using an unregistered account while serving out a temp ban (please note, a temp ban means you are suspended from the site, not just from your account). This is not a forum to draw the time and attention of staff away from real problems simply to amuse you. Multiple such threads is ridiculous and frivilous. I'm closing this, and the others if they are still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.