• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Yo, peeps! Am I bound to experience withdrawals in the boat I am in?

highhopesforever

Greenlighter
Hello, all. I was wondering about something... I was recently prescribed 20 15 mg Oxy's for my surgical pain from recent gallbladder surgery... The two days that I spent in the hospital I was given Duluadid and Morphine for the pain, as well. This was Monday to Wednesday. What I was worried about is will I suffer from withdrawals after I am out of the Oxy's? Or is that too short of a time for my body to become physically dependent on it? I mean, I am taking it because I am truly am in pain, but I used to have a high tolerance until I quit the shit back in Nov of '15 cold turkey... WD's were hell, of course. I was almost using Oxy's for about a year, maybe 10 months, something like that... Please, can someone ease my worried mind so I can stop stressin' over this?! Thanks.. Much love and namaste!!

Do not use them daily..... Use them when pain breakthrough tylonal or other NSAIDS. You probably will have some withdrawals, but if you don't overuse them then it should be a cake walk compared to the past withdrawals. It's just your body can be easily triggered into needing more and getting back to where you were so just plan doses ahead of time that you either skip out follow and start splitting them in halfs even possibly quarters as roxis sometimes cut clean with a razor blade (not the m box's).

I wish you the best of luck.