• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Yes, again. Morphine is back

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
I was a looooong term user of tramadol as some of you m high doay know from ym previous threads, i have now stopped thesse tablets as addiction. I take codeine but normally in quite doses as its to the point i am not in pain, its just my tolerance i guess. I work really well on the pain side with DHC (Dihdrocodeine) but they are very hard to get them presribed for some odd reason. s

Now, my main reason of the thread is that im now prescribed as i see a low doseage of oramorph. I was given a 500ml bottle from the chemist and to take 1-2 5ml every 4 hour hours, but nothing else, i didnt get a leaflet which i found odd.

I have looked the leaflet up but still ima little confused. I dont think my doctor due to seeing a locum almost all the time understands properly. I have a high tolerance to opiates like codeine and tramadol mainly. So for example as dihydrocodeine is a form of morphine i take now and then 8 30mg per day, this does help a hell of a lot with pain and a wellbeing feeling too as its very unpleasant pain i get. So given that i take 240mg DHC or 350mg codeine (maybe more of these) per day, what would be the same threshold for morphine, oramorph, it is a 500ml, 10mg/5ml bottle brand - Boehringer

If someone could please calculate this for me as i am over doing it, i was out of it last night and i cannot afford to be like this, i work a job i have to be aware and fit and able. Last night i certainly was not.

Please help i really dont know who else to ask, another doctors appointment is now 2 weeks. Its unreal

I certainly dont want to just chance it so if someon can plese help before i just take a good mouthful

Last edited:
Anybody ? My next dose is due, im in a lot of pain still after 20ml, im not use to morphine neither.

Well, I'm no expert but I personally don't get a lot out of codeine. 350 mg of codeine is quite a bit, I'd have to take something like 150 mg to get a buzz.

Anyways I did a quick search on your query and there is a morphine calculator online. And I am not a doctor, and you're going to need to take my advice with a grain of salt, however this seems to be a tool that they use in the medical field to calculate equivalent doses of morphine for patients.

According to this calculator, 350 mg of codeine is equivalent to 52.5 mg of morphine.

If the concentration is 10 mg / 5 ml, you'll probably want to take about 5 ml every 4 hrs or so. I'm guesing. This is a very rough estimate.

In a 24-hour period, and this is all calculated as if you were going to be taking it every 4 hours on the 4 hours throughout the 24-hour period, you would be at exactly 60 mg if you get that dosing schedule up at that concentration. So that is; 5 ml (10 mg) every 4 hrs, 6 times a day, puts you at 60 mg of morphine.

Also, I would imagine that you sleep at night. So about 4 doses of 5 - 6 ml in intervals of 4 hours, (equaling 10 - 12 mg / dose) likely dosing 4x a day puts you at about 40 - 50 mg per day if you follow that schedule and dose.

Hope that helps

Just out of pure curiosity, can you give me some feedback at the end of the day as to whether or not this information was accurate and if it helped you out at all?

I like to verify that my assumed knowledge of things is correct, or at least discover if it is not correct so I can educate myself and correct my deficits.