European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Yerba Mate tea

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
Has anybody ever tried this South America tea?

Apparently it's full of caffeine analogues and I've heard reports that it's quite a strong and smooth stimulant.

Given we're all not banging on about it though, it does make me wonder.

Anyone?

Edit: It seems to be legal and widely available on very obvious public friendly websites.

I like it a lot it's a great drug and it seems to potentiate other stimulants /caffeine sources. Good to add to blends with tea or coffee.

Can u buy it locally in gealth shops?

Ive had coca leaf tea and its delicious and smooth

Yup I’ve drank it plenty.. To me it’s the most euphoric of all the caffeine plants I’ve tried (various teas, coffee/espresso, guayusa, pure caffeine, various synthetic and natural energy drinks, etc) and is great for enjoying music.

That said it also has a bit of spaciness/fuzziness to it, similar to what green tea can sometimes give. It makes social interaction not as seamless as on coffee or pure caffeine.

But this headspace is great for sitting back (or getting up and dancing) to some good music with some good cannabis.

Seems a tad stronger than black tea usually to me but not as strong as coffee.

Note: I use caffeine different than most, try to keep it as a “on the weekend, here and there” kinda thing which gives me a different effect compared to your average coffee or tea drinker.

-GC

Yes, I love the way it tastes. I was using tea bags for convenience, but I'm going back to buying the leaves. You can brew the leaves in the coffee pot. I like it strong. It's really yummy when you add milk and sugar while it's warm. You can drink it hot or cold, depends on my mood. It gives quite a boost and no jitters like caffeine.
This is my favorite brand. It's cheaper to buy directly from their site. Amazon jacks up the price.

I have some strength 5 French coffee from Tesco if anyone’s interested.

How the mighty have fallen.

Yerba mate is massive in Chile. Drunk all the time by...old and young alike. As a tea. Because it’s tea.

Buy some real drugs.

Yep. I’ve tried it with coffee beans and regular and smoked. It’s got a lot of kick for me. 🙂

Yeah in Argentina we drink it all the time. Its useful over there to combat the cold, although everyone drinks mate in the beach under full sun too. Its something to pass around in a circle. I dont drink it anymore though, for no particular reason though. Its good.

I have some strength 5 French coffee from Tesco if anyone’s interested.

How the mighty have fallen.

Yerba mate is massive in Chile. Drunk all the time by...old and young alike. As a tea. Because it’s tea.

Buy some real drugs.

I hope you're not reffering to me, although tbf I kind of do, and you probably are. It contains caffeine analogues, and I've heard it can be pretty strong.

I was just thinking any perceived weakness might be akin to the American MDMA dosage situation, and i'd just need to neck more.

Anyway:

Buy some real drugs.

I've got a g of lab tested pure MDA mate, it's made my life.

What's your poison of choice these days? x

The American MDMA dosage situation is due to the fact we still get proper product occasionally around here ;) hehe. There was a time the whole world did just fine on 120-150mg at most, even after all these years I’m more than good on 120mg.

But to SHM, I’m sure Tranced is sitting on a lot prettier stash than yourself... Drugs are drugs, caffeine actually happens to be a pretty good one too, hence it’s daiky use by millions.

-GC

If you're taking a stimulant like Adderall or Ritalin, be careful drinking Yerba mate. Adding yerba mate to a stimulant could make you feel shitty.

Why?^^

-GC

Because of all the caffeine and different things in yerba mate. It's way too much stimulation if you drink yerba mate while taking a stimulant. It can make you feel really sick. If someone is taking a stimulant, they can try drinking a little yerba mate to see how they feel.
It's best to be cautious.

It's generally a no no to consume caffeine while on a stimulant. It raises blood pressure a lot.

At 15 I used to get home from school and smoke joints, cigs, and drink mate. I used to put some sugar on top of the yerba too. This alongside music was very stimulating. I remember moments of great pleassure !

I hope you're not reffering to me, although tbf I kind of do, and you probably are. It contains caffeine analogues, and I've heard it can be pretty strong.

I was just thinking any perceived weakness might be akin to the American MDMA dosage situation, and i'd just need to neck more.

Anyway:

High on life mate, you know me, was never really into this drugs thing.

And I wasn’t referring to you, but the forum in general.

But to SHM, I’m sure Tranced is sitting on a lot prettier stash than yourself...
-GC

Did you see that in the tea leaves Mr Clairvoyant?

“His stash is better than your stash...drugs are drugs.” LOL.

How the mighty forum has fallen.

Just for clarity, because I'd cringe my tits off if anyone thought otherwise; this was a genuine chirpy wrecked on mephedrone sort of a post, rather than a snarky "i'm fucking class me" sort of a post.

I'm always quite happy for people to think I'm a cunt, but I utterly cringe at the thought of anybody seeing me as a tit.