• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Yasser Arafat has died... how does that make you feel?

Damn Youngen said:
Strangly apropreate.
If these people just got to meet one another,
Maybe they could be good mates.
But their parents raise them to hate,
not love.
And why?
Cause thats what their parents did.

Pretty damn smart for a youngen..

although, may I make one small correction.. hate is often confused with fear..

Most parents raise their children to love as opposed to hate.. but the factor that produces hate is that parents raise children to live in fear..

It makes me sad because I wonder what's going to replace him. And in this day and age, it does affect us. Every part of the developed world affects every other part, there's no getting around that. I'm not very politically conscious, but even I know that.

Oh PS Muzby behave yourself or I'll come round and do things to you. :p

Why thank you shakra,
This youngen is indeed wise in the ways of the force.
And now I must depart
For I have work in the morning
And should have been asleep hours ago.
But I will leave you with these,
Words of wisdom:
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

It makes me feel like listening to How does that make you feel by Air. Other than that... couldn't give a shit.

Well... I find that I can't really relate to his death, I know he was important to some people, just not to me. sure, I can appreciate that he was an important figure to millions of people, so I can understand that he will be missed, but I can't say that I was personally touched by his effect on the world. Wasn't he involved with terrorism at same point? Hijacking planes etc? I dunno..... :\

i'd rather sharon died. even *if* i believe all the bad stories about the money arafat supposedly (and probably) embezzled, effectively, his heart (imo) was still in the right place most of the time.

i'm sad. i hope the poltical/terrorist ramifications aren't too bad.

It does not make me feel anything.

I am having the exact same reaction as if someone said

"A tree fell down in Africa"

Frankly I am left with nothing but a blank stare and a bit of a "so what?" expression.

My feelings on the death of Arafat are less important, I believe it is consequences of this that should be discussed... I feel a little uneasy.
:\
PEACE

Fuck him. He and Sharon are just as bad. Remeber it was the POMs that gave the land to Israel after the war (WW 2), and Palestine have been fighting to get "their" land back. If Arafat had stepped down and let someone else take over a lot of bloodshed could have been avaoided, but the cantankerous old bastard wanted to keep a grip on the power and it was more his ego and old fashioned ways that fucked up the Palestinians. Thats why isreal got fed up and refused to acknowledge him. Hopefully with a new leader peace may be one step closer.

yeah it may not affect us directly but the whole situation over there is pretty fooked up in my mind id rather if that wasnt happening to anyone anywhere whether i know about it or not and who are we to judge his actions have you ever been occupied exiled and all that personally i think its just a natural reaction to fight them back but hey we have morals dont we adn they make us high and mighty

This title made me laugh, because I have no idea who he is and therefore don't feel anything.

I was mainly laughing at the fact that I really should watch the news more and find out about these things.

onetwothreefour said:
i'd rather sharon died. even *if* i believe all the bad stories about the money arafat supposedly (and probably) embezzled, effectively, his heart (imo) was still in the right place most of the time.

i'm sad. i hope the poltical/terrorist ramifications aren't too bad.
My thoughts exactly.

He was America's solution to the Middle Eastern problem..

ie. give one man lots of money and a palace and then claim that he speaks for all the people that are still being raped and killed on a daily basis...

Fuck him, I'm glad he's dead. Let's see what puppet the almighty U.S. chucks into power next. Maybe the next one will decide to execute all of the Palestinians instead of sitting back and sipping wine...

It's a glorious world.

Yasser Arafat's greatest legacy was being sent up by Rob Sitch on The Late Show. Yasser? Yasser!

hehe

Apart from that, couldn't give a shit. The guy was a clown.

I'm sorry 1234. But why should I care about what's his name? arafat... he never done anything for me... I don't even know what he was. Wasn't he like some sort of president?

i find it disappointing that that is the kind of attitude that the majority of australia's youth (most of the world's youth, really) hold towards the affairs of the rest of the world (even if it didn't affect us - and it *does* - isn't it still important to show some fucking compassion to other people in the world, or are entire lives now about serving ourselves?).

it's this kind of attitude which gets people like john howard and george w. bush re-elected.

and it is the people that hold this attitude who will later in their lives be complaining about certain things that could have been changed earlier had they actually taken an active interest. i'm not trying to make this a personal assault on you, and i also realise that you not caring about arafat does not neccessarily mean that you have no interest in australia-specific politics or issues.

i just find the attitude sort of upsetting, is all :(

and i know, i wasn't posting anymore after ten-k, tonight, but i think this is really important.

I have some (only towards things that would affect me in some way though) intrest towards my countrys politics, it's just that I'm not the type of guy who auctually cares a great deal about politics in genral. I'm only really interested in things that will affect me directly. And I don't really see how this guy's death is going to affect me (no doubt somewhere down the track [and after alot of research on my behalf] it might)

[It's late and I'm not even sure if this makes sense... but you get the drift]