• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

xprexa - is it dangerous with amphetamines or mdma?

Stakka

Bluelighter
xyprexa - is it dangerous with amphetamines or mdma?

hi
i have a friend who has been diagnosed with bipolar, and has been prescribed the anti-psychotic xyprexa. however she takes speed and pills quite regularly and is worried about contraindications. will there be a problem if she has a pill whilst on the medication? any help would be much appreciated.

There could be neck related problems if she is one of the people that get very bad neck pains and cramps from anti psychotic drugs. There is also a chance of seizures happening when combining amphetamines or MDMA with olanzapine, as the drug lowers your seizure threshold.

As above is true. People with these conditions are very unstable and could be capable doing something dodgey during a come down or after being awake for days. Is olanzapine the only drug she is on? there should be a stabliser in there somewhere in my opinion. Or does she just have to take it when she in manic-cycle?

It not life threating mixing the two, it could be though if she's not thinking correctly after being awake for days. Ie driving, mixing more drugs or suicide when she in the depression cycle. Don't wanna be the bringer off bad news, it can happen.

I hate olanzapine. Horrible, horrible drug. I only ever used to use it to avoid weed withdrawals when I was addicted to pot, or so I could sleep. But taking a 10mg wafer with no tolerance would give me the most intense heart pains when drifting off to sleep, like im being shocked.. and very bad feelings of going in and out of consciousness.

thanks for the info guys
in particular though, i was wondering if xyprexa worked like an ssri or maoi? i forget which is bad to take with pills, but was wondering if it could be dangerous because it works with either of those mechanisms.

kinda, but it's Pharmacokinetics works on a different parts off brain, do a bit of reading on 1st and 2nd generation anti-psycotics , quite interesting. look on wikipedia and go from there, theres heaps off pros and cons for the drug, but not much on the interations with illegal drugs.

olanzapine was very yummy for a great sleep..i found 10mg's twice daily very sedating...

prolly off topic..but then most are

the shit pretty much turns your frontal lobe off and makes you a zombie.
You're ruining your brain and muscles if you use this shit for sleep regulary. Its a drug you shouldn't be on for long if at all.

If you were on it for any longer you may of developed TD.

A brief report summary from the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre -NDARC, regarding ecstasy use and pharmaceuticals.

http://ndarc.med.unsw.edu.au/ndarcweb.nsf/resources/TRES_40/$file/TR.ES201.pdf

i was on zyprexa and dexamphetamine for over 19 mths and had no probs but as the others have said it depends on her state of mind and i was perscribed both these together by my doc good luck

^^Tardive Dyskinesia - presents itself as involuntary facial movements and can also involve the trunk and limbs. It's basically brain damage induced by anti-psychotics.

Goto a psych ward one day and you'll probably know what i'm talking about.

Oh yeah, and it's generally not reversible depending on the dose/duration of the AP you've been taking.

Anyone taking AP's is just slowly chipping away at their brains, much like a subtle lobotamy.

Also, it's common knowledge that individuals with schizophrenia in developing/third world countries have a higher recovery rate than that of industrialized nations. Go figure.

nyjets112 said:
Also, it's common knowledge that individuals with schizophrenia in developing/third world countries have a higher recovery rate than that of industrialized nations. Go figure.

Do you have a reference for that?

Flexistentialist said:
Do you have a reference for that?

No, but i'd imagine any half witted person would be able to figure that out? Use google i'm sure you'll be able to find a stat somewhere.

TD, is just the tip of the iceberg, add liver damage and diabetes into the mix and you have yourself one helluva drug! On a personal note, a mate of mine who's been on zyprexa for just over a year just found out he's a diabetic. Maybe it was the zyprexa i'm not sure 100% sure but after reading the Wiki article i'm inclined to thinking it was.