• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

xbox 360 the coolest shit ever!!

rat tat tat tat

Ex-Bluelighter
Who else has got this beautiful system?

I'm supposed to get mine on Friday. I got it off eBay for $710. Some of the other ones on eBay were like over a g or two. In hindsight it may have been a stupid purchase but I got it for free basically since my dad basically sold me out to the police and got me on 18 monthes probation and I told him if he got it for me I'd comply with probation and stop hating him. I have such a bad patience tho, I couldn't comprehend waiting until after new year's to get this.I already bought Gun and Condemned and I'm very fucking excited.

This should help me get through eighteen drugless monthes, tehe. That and uh, benzos, old english fortays and other shit they don't test for. Meh, I'm too fucking excited, I sold my PS2 a while ago to buy some yayo so I prolly went six monthes or so without playing games mucho. Tehe, I feel nerdy as hell.

dude, 3-6 months = A LOT cheaper.

Join you then.

GentlemanLoser said:
I'll wait until the game lineup is something better than below average.

A-FUCKING-MEN

this has got to be THE WORST launch title collection in the history of console gaming.
none of the titles are worthy of being considered "next gen."
the only title on the horizon worth a "next gen" nod is Cliffy B's "Gears of War."
and that sucker isn't slated until 2006, probably Q2.

L2R said:
dude, 3-6 months = A LOT cheaper.

Join you then.

And problems discovered will be more likely to be ironed out by then.

^
no joke.. i'm don't keep up with video games and their release history all that much, but i don't think i've ever seen the kind of complaints about defects of various natures arise out of a single release of an video game console before. I could be wrong though, like i said, i don't keep up.

Anyone played the new Perfect Dark yet? It looks like an older PS2 game.

Early ps2's broke down pretty early in their life. They fixed a lot of it in the later generation of hardware.

But yeah, DD, no console that I can remember has been this flawed. On CNN microsoft said that it's because "You have to expect some issues with the hardware because it's just so advanced." Ha. Such a line of shit.

Wait, so the original poster blackmailed his father to get him for his friendship?

Yeah, the XBOX 360 is pretty shitty too. I played one that a buddy got from the Mountain Dew constest, and it's alright. I've seen better graphics from a PC. I wouldn't waste money on one, but I don't particularily care for the original XBOX either, there's only two games that I liked on it so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ I personally wouldn't be proud of that behaviour either.

I'd prefer to wait and purchase when the prices aren't that absurd. I think it's way too early to judge how successful it will be or even how good it is.

Then there is the $60/game charge. When $50 is the standard, they're going to charge you 20% for the "honor" of playing "next generation" games that look like shit.

^^ No, the 360 has a much more powerful graphics engine than the PS2 (so if it looks like crap, it's the programmers fault.) On the other hand, the PS3 (due in the spring) is expected to be even more powerful and still play all your old PS2 and even PS1 games as well.

Besides, the XBox is a Microsoft product; that's all I need to know to not spend one cent on it. "You have to expect bugs" indeed!

Screw the expense, you want that fucking 360 NOW! Not next year, not next month, but fucking now. Respect. I just hope it wasn't one of the defective ones.

TheDEA.org said:
^^ No, the 360 has a much more powerful graphics engine than the PS2 (so if it looks like crap, it's the programmers fault.) On the other hand, the PS3 (due in the spring) is expected to be even more powerful and still play all your old PS2 and even PS1 games as well.

Besides, the XBox is a Microsoft product; that's all I need to know to not spend one cent on it. "You have to expect bugs" indeed!

Sure, like the PS1/PS2 didn't have bugs 8)

Apparently the XBOX 360 has another issue with artifcafts on the screen while the DVD player is running.

I agree.
I'm waiting for the PS3 to come out... Even then, I'll be waiting till the price drops to buy it.