• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Xanax

Biggun69

Greenlighter
Planning on shooting xanax. I don't care about all the "don't do it" or "your stupid." I just want to know the best way to make it work. Should I mix it with alcohol, water or lemon juice? Any constructive answers are appreciated since I'm going to do it and want to know the safest way.
Thanks.

I’m not knowledgable about Xanax or shooting but if I were you I’d definitely wait until someone can give you advice.
But as far as I’m aware Xanax has really high bioavailability and it’s pointless shooting it up. The risk vs reward isn’t worth it.

Alprazolam already has an almost 100% BA when taken orally. When taken sublingually (under the tongue) it hits in minutes.

Shooting it won't be more enjoyable, you will clog your veins with pill filler, likely get infected, and possibly have to get your arm amputated. Hospitals are already pretty stressed right now due to COVID-19 as well.

If you insist on ignoring warnings and doing it anyway, at least use a micron filter to get as much of the filler out as possible.

The only reasonably safe way to inject Xanax would be from legitimate pharmaceutical grade injectable solutions, which you're unlikely to come across. There is nothing to benefit and a lot of risk from trying to shoot crushed up bars, especially those purchased on the blackmarket.

They work just fine when consumed in pill form.

I'm no expert on IVing drugs, but from a common sense perspective, shooting lemon juice just seems like a disaster, or at least infection, waiting to happen.

Alprazolam is not water soluble, so creating a safe and effective solution is going to be nearly impossible. It's only slightly soluble in ethanol, which isn't a good solvent for injections, especially since you would have to utilize such a highly concentrated ethanol to even hope to get the alprazolam in solution at all.

I know you dont want to hear "don't do it" type responses, but this is a harm reduction focused forum and it's the answer you're likely to get. Please reconsider, this is a fool's errand. Just eat them or dissolve them sublingually if you want more rapid effects.