• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Xanax

I have tolerance for diazepam
I take 10mg every two or three days with some Kratom for a treat
Not sure if that helps
Thanks so much for the reply

In my personal experience, and according to the conversion calculator I find most accurate, 1mg alprazolam = 15mg diazepam. But even at "equivalent" doses, many people find alprazolam significantly more amnestic and disinhibiting than diazepam would be, more likely to result in a blackout, fight, or other negative experience.

I have a Kratom tolerance, if I don’t have Kratom I feel shit, do you suggest not taking Kratom too?
ive been warned away from spice, this is starting to sound about the same, I’ll just take a quarter at first, thanks again
sounds like you have some time on the drug bus :p
start slow, Not sure what you are looking for with the Zanax? It is for panic attacks, and Anxiety . I do not find it that good of a drug and can cause problems for me. Since I am sober from alcohol {My DOC ,first and true LOVE} for a long time, I had hoped that Xanax was an answer , Is Not :poop::sleep::poop:
Benzos are Very addictive, and from what I see in rooms of recovery and on Harm Reduction forums, the withdraws, can Kill you , and truly SUCK [ Like what the Fuck is a Brain ZAP????]

I have a Kratom tolerance, if I don’t have Kratom I feel shit, do you suggest not taking Kratom too?
ive been warned away from spice, this is starting to sound about the same, I’ll just take a quarter at first, thanks again

I want to be clear... I've taken a ton of kratom on benzos/alcohol. There's no interaction.

However NEVER combine xanax with alcohol or non-kratom opiates. Many have died from this combination. It's not worth figuring out how much of each you can combine because the additional effects are potentially lethal. Kratom has no interaction with alprazolam since kratom does not cause respiratory depression (I'm very adamant about this point). OP--if you're naive to xanax I suggest taking it indoors on a day you have nothing to do. There is usually a hangover past .25 mgs so make sure the next day you are free because you will feel brain fogged/groggy for sure! Absolutely do not drive on it. I suggest not going above 2 milligrams per day with ultra low tolerance. You're asking for trouble lol. Especially if you go outdoors on 1+ milligrams of xanax with no experience with benzos/xanax. Just be safe.

I personally have never had benzo cravings or dependency. Xanax is just not appealing to me although for many they like it a bit too much. It's like how some people have affinity for becoming an alcoholic while others can drink their entire lives in moderation and never fall off the rails. If you notice you potentially becoming a benzodiazepine addict, just make sure to space out your use. I cannot emphasize enough that the withdrawal from benzos is so horrible beyond words when improperly managed. It would take a lot of xanax over an extended period of time to develop dependency though, but I think it's worth stating that many struggle controlling their benzodiazepine use.

sounds like you have some time on the drug bus :p
start slow, Not sure what you are looking for with the Zanax? It is for panic attacks, and Anxiety . I do not find it that good of a drug and can cause problems for me. Since I am sober from alcohol {My DOC ,first and true LOVE} for a long time, I had hoped that Xanax was an answer , Is Not :poop::sleep::poop:
Benzos are Very addictive, and from what I see in rooms of recovery and on Harm Reduction forums, the withdraws, can Kill you , and truly SUCK [ Like what the Fuck is a Brain ZAP????]

yeah long road on the drug bus, been clean from heroin for 20 years, smokejoints everyday, don’t drink, found Kratom and enjoyed it, had 2 weeks off a month ago but had to use codene to stave off the shakes
Only reason this has come up is a friend of mine who gets me clenbuterol for boxing (yes I know it’s cheating) but it’s only for weight loss, he told me he could get tramadol, got loads don’t take then often, then tamazepam and diazepam, really like diazes but scared off withdrawals so I only have them for a treat, Temazepam I didn’t really care for, then recently he got me MSTs (hence my recent post) and now Xanax
Sorry to be long winded but wanted to give you the full picture

I want to be clear... I've taken a ton of kratom on benzos/alcohol. There's no interaction.

However NEVER combine xanax with alcohol or non-kratom opiates. Many have died from this combination. It's not worth figuring out how much of each you can combine because the additional effects are potentially lethal. Kratom has no interaction with alprazolam since kratom does not cause respiratory depression (I'm very adamant about this point). OP--if you're naive to xanax I suggest taking it indoors on a day you have nothing to do. There is usually a hangover past .25 mgs so make sure the next day you are free because you will feel brain fogged/groggy for sure! Absolutely do not drive on it. I suggest not going above 2 milligrams per day with ultra low tolerance. You're asking for trouble lol. Especially if you go outdoors on 1+ milligrams of xanax with no experience with benzos/xanax. Just be safe.

thank you so much, really appreciated

Oh and last point--wait a while for the effects to kick in. I'd say about 2 hours even. Sometimes you won't feel the effects (they creep up on you and intensify all at once), so you'll be tempted to take more. This is a very bad idea.. Trust me this drug is a severe downer if I've ever encountered one. It's like the king of downers. You could find yourself saying "I don't feel it" and then BAM and you're slurring your speech and it goes downhill from there.

Oh and last point--wait a while for the effects to kick in. I'd say about 2 hours even. Sometimes you won't feel the effects (they creep up on you and intensify all at once), so you'll be tempted to take more. This is a very bad idea.. Trust me this drug is a severe downer if I've ever encountered one. It's like the king of downers. You could find yourself saying "I don't feel it" and then BAM and you're slurring your speech and it goes downhill from there.

well I’m now officially scared shitless
I might not bother 😂

It starts off with getting 10 xanax pills,you then Love the feeling so you get 10 more. Then the next thing you know 3 months have passed and now your waiting on the corner to get more. Some people get "benzo rage" where you get in a bad mood, mean. Be very careful if mixing with booze. Your chances of something bad happening will increase and you might not even remember why your waking up on a cold concrete floor with bars on one side and dried blood on your head ! (that really happened to me btw) I guess if your the type of person who likes to be in control of yourself you wouldn't put yourself in a bad situation. Start low 1mg. Dont go any higher than that so your talorence stays in check. You may find Xanax is something to keep on hand.Lucky you!

It starts off with getting 10 xanax pills,you then Love the feeling so you get 10 more. Then the next thing you know 3 months have passed and now your waiting on the corner to get more. Some people get "benzo rage" where you get in a bad mood, mean. Be very careful if mixing with booze. Your chances of something bad happening will increase and you might not even remember why your waking up on a cold concrete floor with bars on one side and dried blood on your head ! (that really happened to me btw) I guess if your the type of person who likes to be in control of yourself you wouldn't put yourself in a bad situation. Start low 1mg. Dont go any higher than that so your talorence stays in check. You may find Xanax is something to keep on hand.Lucky you!

dont drink at all mate
Just enjoy Kratom a joint and something for a treat every now again
Don’t touch any coke speed pills or other silly things and haven’t done since starting boxing again 7 years ago

Benzos are a sloppy and gross high. It's not pretty to watch someone going through benzo addiction. One of the least classy addictions in terms of behavior per say.. Like a heavy drunk. Also seeing people massively struggle with the pain of getting off a benzo habit is really heartbreaking. If you like it a lot OP just make sure your use is not frequent and you'll be good. I don't think benzos in themselves are a pure-feel good feeling that ranks the euphoria of cocaine, opiates, or meth... but I know someone who worked at a detox unit and there were many patients detoxing off of benzos and she said it was one of the uglier addictions to treat and watch people withdraw from. Benzo withdrawal is potentially the WORST withdrawal out there. Seizures, crippling rebound anxiety, unbearable joint pain, and dysphoric confusion in general. Benzo abuse is not uncommon so I can't say that xanax's not addicting even though I don't understand the benzo hype. Some find it incredibly addicting and especially those with abnormal anxiety problems.

I think you either have a knack for benzo addiction or not. You're never going to have benzo dependency if you don't like the substance unless maybe only if your doctor is forcing you to take it on a regular basis. I've said all I can say about the subject. I didn't want to inform only OP on the substance but other people curious about trying the substance as well. Stay safe everyone! :)

@GetMeOutOfThisCRAP , Thank you!
I see all the posts for Opiate detox that mention Benzos?? and the addict mind and body that I have are like well "This must be OK/ and Good?"
Does not sound it. I am jumping off my Norcos ( I know a baby opiate :p) but still no fun) and I have script and insurance so FREE!!! YUCK!!
doing Imodium and Gabapentin . Working well
thanks

@GetMeOutOfThisCRAP , Thank you!
I see all the posts for Opiate detox that mention Benzos?? and the addict mind and body that I have are like well "This must be OK/ and Good?"
Does not sound it. I am jumping off my Norcos ( I know a baby opiate :p) but still no fun) and I have script and insurance so FREE!!! YUCK!!
doing Imodium and Gabapentin . Working well
thanks

Well if you're someone not prone to benzo dependency or have very specific taste in substances it's fair game to use benzos for withdrawals I'd say. They are incredibly helpful comfort meds and help you sleep. Ativan was my comfy helper (much weaker benzo than alprazolam), but they really do help a lot with other withdrawals such as the kind from alcohol, opiates, and probably even stimulants as anxiety is a side effect of withdrawing from most substances. Gabapentin is great though and allows you to function without sedation in the way that benzos sedate one (but gabapentinoids have withdrawals in some folks). I actually used ativan daily for two weeks and even that caused me to have rebound anxiety that was noticable.. so rebound anxiety is the first symptom of benzo cessation after using them regularly. It's not pleasant. Problem with benzo abuse is that the withdrawal lasts SOO long and has different peaks than opiate withdrawal. Sometimes the withdrawal from xanax or something seems to get better only to become worse later on. The brain takes way too long for GABA receptors to heal, and in cases of severe benzo use it's possible to totally never recover completely and be anxiety-plagued for the rest of your life. This is why I don't find benzos to be super appealing/worth it... the withdrawal is devastating and alcohol/benzo wd is really not something to play with--unlike with opiate withdrawal where there's extreme discomfort but the brain recovers virtually 99.9% with prominent time. Most people who abuse benzos say that after facing a withdrawal they never dabble in benzos again. As I said, horrible beyond words. I've never been through it and I never plan on facing it.

For addiction to occur, in my opinion the user must obtain a psychological thrill and dopamine release from whatever the addict's DOC is. I haven't heard of anyone being addicted to a substance they dislike. Even if you're forced to take it inevitably you would have an easier time quitting because I think addiction--while indeed physical--is mostly mental. If anyone finds themselves dependent on benzos, it's highly important that you don't stop cold turkey and taper off with the help of a doctor. Many have tried to do it cold turkey or were caught off guard and lost access and had seizures at the wrong time and place. However, with a great doctor you will virtually not feel much withdrawal when properly tapered down. I've heard people say that they haven't even felt any withdrawal at all from benzo cessation when tapered down well with medical help. As for as anxiety goes benzos are the best thing we have imo, but even then it's only putting a bandaid on a problem. We've yet to find a super efficient solution for anxiety. Detox units also hate to treat benzo withdrawal because the patient will need to be helped probably longer than any other kind of withdrawal. Young people hear about xanax glorified in rap songs and on the street unknowing of how dark things can get. It's not a game to use it regularly it can be quite serious. Space the uses out and you'll be fine though imo.

Last edited:
Thank you!! I have no thoughts of playing with any New substances :devilish:
I am Too old (60) and have enough on my toolbox to fuck up my life now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)
In a dance with weak opiates now Norco (10/325 for radiation pain due to cancer treatments to my head and neck!! really a tough place to have cancer, so much happening up there that radiation damages 😔, but price of admission , and Much better than the alternative :giggle:

Thank you!! I have no thoughts of playing with any New substances :devilish:
I am Too old (60) and have enough on my toolbox to fuck up my life now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)
In a dance with weak opiates now Norco (10/325 for radiation pain due to cancer treatments to my head and neck!! really a tough place to have cancer, so much happening up there that radiation damages 😔, but price of admission , and Much better than the alternative :giggle:

Hey my friend,

I am so sorry to hear about your cancer treatments.
Head and Neck! Ouch!!
Do not feel bad about needing to use some pain medication to get through that!
I sure hope all is well now.
Let me know if I can do anything for you.

I send my Love and Prayers!
P.O.
❤️❤️❤️💋💋💋❤️❤️❤️

@Painful One , thanks girl !, you as well have been through a lot . But I believe in a loving and caring Higher Power and her plan will always take care of us ❤️❤️
35 years of AA ( just left a great meeting of my home group) has me so Gun shy of taking medications ( not drugs) that I stay safe. I also have left Total Abstinence, or you will end up in “ Jails,Institutions,or Death 🤔🤭🤫” Harm reduction is my new pitch , not too popular with some old timers , but I have a 22 year old child, and the current drug world is very real and scary to him,me and my wife!! He has lost too many peers at his young age to not want to try Everything to keep people ALIVE

@Painful One , thanks girl !, you as well have been through a lot . But I believe in a loving and caring Higher Power and her plan will always take care of us ❤❤
35 years of AA ( just left a great meeting of my home group) has me so Gun shy of taking medications ( not drugs) that I stay safe. I also have left Total Abstinence, or you will end up in “ Jails,Institutions,or Death 🤔🤭🤫” Harm reduction is my new pitch , not too popular with some old timers , but I have a 22 year old child, and the current drug world is very real and scary to him,me and my wife!! He has lost too many peers at his young age to not want to try Everything to keep people ALIVE

Indeed my friend. I believe in a loving and caring Higher Power that will always take care of us also!
I know it is there!
Many times should I have died but made miraculous recoveries.
Many supernatural experiences have I had.
Time and Time again, hands out of nowhere have caught me.
If I am suffocating, it gives me air!

Harm reduction is a good policy.
Total abstinence is not always possible.
I sure do not want you to suffer through cancer treatments without anything to help with that pain.
I would not worry what others think.
No one has walked in your shoes,
You do what you need to do and do not let anyone guilt you over it.

We have been through a lot haven’t we my dear friend!
No question!
That just makes us More Awesome!
Built and keeps building our character, heart, soul, and spirit.

I am here if you need me! Anytime!
You are not alone.
You are loved and cared for VERY MUCH!
❤️❤️❤️

Update

took half last night with some Kratom and a few joint, took the other half before bed

Jesus Christ I struggled to get up this morning, slept while 12 then slept again then again until 4
Very strong indeed
Now I know what people have been saying
They are very strong and knock you sideways

They are very strong and knock you sideways
Do this a couple-three times and it will no longer feel the same. Possibly.
Tolerance builds quick and if one is prone to wd from alprzlm (or any benzo) then eat em fast and be done with them for a couple three weeks.
Careful
I got 30 bars and a 1/4 evry hour o two would get me "there" for the first day or so. That was a week ago. I am now eating half bars (1mg) at a time and that is every couple hours. ~6-7mg a day, ATM. With krtom and other *stuff.
Startin to get a bit nervous...lol