• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Xanax

Misterx1976

Bluelighter
Right, another thread, my apologies for that
After the brilliant information I was given on my MST thread I wanted to ask re Xanax
I’ve now bought 10x2mg tablets but as with MST I have never tried them
The guy I got them from advised to start with 1mg as they can mess you up and says he’s known people end up in the police station by abusing them (not sure how) anyway any further advice on these would be appreciated
As I said I can’t thank you guys enough for the help I’ve been given so far
Cheers guys

Well that’s disappointing, I’d have thought someone might have given me a review or some experience with this, come on folks

First off Xanax is not an opioid (not trying to be snarky at all)-- it's a benzo. Benzos are dangerous (in behavior) with low tolerance. You can black out at the wrong time and get mugged, or say horrible things to people and have no recollection of ANY of it.

With low tolerance .5 milligrams will relieve anxiety, and 1 will be recreational while 2+ milligrams will make you black the hell out. Some tips: Don't be in situations where you have to be functional before using them. Also, sometimes on Xanax you feel sober but you're slurring your speech and acting like a retard. It's scary to me lol. Don't drive on them and be careful! Low tolerance makes Xanax hit like a brick. I recommend not drinking on it or taking opioids like oxycodone or Percocet. Benzos/any other downer can be fatal.

I stopped taking Xanax once in a blue moon because I would always behave horribly and not remember whatever I did last night. I've slept passed alarms, done things I'd never do sober, and cause too many problems for myself without a drop of a memory. Some people find it euphoric to be stress/anxiety free though. It does an amazing job of that. Some people have drugs they absolutely never should take--and Xanax is that drug for me lol. I prefer klonopin.

I remember the first time I took a Benzo (Klonopin), a friend of mine who was prescribed them gave 6 to get me my until I was able to get in and see my Dr for a proper diagnosis and receive my on prescription. Hers were the 2mg tablets, I took 1 like she instructed and it was amazing, for the first time in my life that indescribable feeling inside me sudsided (I did Kno it was anxiety at the time). Then the fun part kicked in! I got all heady and woozy - I freaking loved it. Needles to say I immediately took a 2nd one and the rest is a blur. The remaining 4 didn't last too long ;) Oh boy was I the happiest person the I got my 1st script. That was 13 years ago, today I only take them when and as need, but from time to time I'll fist a handful and enjoy all it has to offer. I just hate my tollerence anymore these days, I have to take 7mg on the low end - 10mg on the average to get any worthwhile experience out of it.

I stopped taking Xanax once in a blue moon because I would always behave horribly and not remember whatever I did last night. I've slept passed alarms, done things I'd never do sober, and cause too many problems for myself without a drop of a memory.

This. Benzodiazepines are highly disinhibiting, similar to alcohol; however, with alcohol it is much harder to tell yourself that you aren't completely wasted, since the smell alone is a dead giveaway. Aside from the lack of a characteristic smell, benzodiazepines are more subtle in their side-effects (there is slurring and a decrease in motor coordination, but no vomiting), so it becomes much easier to maintain your denial, and fall victim to "delusions of sobriety".

Losing track of much you already took is also much more likely when you're dealing with a bag of tiny, easily swallowed pills, as opposed to a big bottle of liquid that burns with each sip.

I tried to black out on clonazepam to get through terrible opiate WD's. It was a disaster. I remember vaguely being in my car, then having an argument with the police. Didn't get charged but there's a record on my Police National Computer file about it now.
Even when using xanax recreationally for me they just made me tired and depressed. Not a benzo fan.

This. Benzodiazepines are highly disinhibiting, similar to alcohol; however, with alcohol it is much harder to tell yourself that you aren't completely wasted, since the smell alone is a dead giveaway. Aside from the lack of a characteristic smell, benzodiazepines are more subtle in their side-effects (there is slurring and a decrease in motor coordination, but no vomiting), so it becomes much easier to maintain your denial, and fall victim to "delusions of sobriety".

Losing track of much you already took is also much more likely when you're dealing with a bag of tiny, easily swallowed pills, as opposed to a big bottle of liquid that burns with each sip.

Lol I've pissed off wayyyy too many people on alprazolam even though I've taken it about 8-10 times within my life. Even on hard alcohol I have self control when wasted. With xanax, I just completely have no disregard for anyone or anything and it's like after a black-out it's not even you anymore... I would never do anything to offend people sober. It's just one of those hard self-countering drugs that I never plan to take again because of the potential repercussions.

Some people have way better experiences on benzos though, so I think benzos in particular are just way too potent for my brain chemistry. There are definitely benzo addicts that have their lives together. The withdrawal is terrifying though because benzo dependency can be lethal when someone is cut off cold-turkey. So anyone who loves benzos imo should make it a point to not bring them into their everyday life. There exists many horror stories of people with xanax dealers put in god awful situations because their dealers are arrested/relocate/whatnot.

I don't consider xanax to be a fun hedonistic drug. It has no euphoria for me but I can see how someone plagued by anxiety would see a lot of appeal in alprazolam. It's basically a strong chill pill. It doesn't have any stimulation or prominent exciting effects.

Last edited:
I think 0.5mg is a much better starting dose to try than 1mg. Actually, with no benzo tolerance at all, even 0.25mg should be at least noticeable if not actually intoxicating, and this goes double if being taken in conjunction with any opiates (which isn't entirely clear from the post), even maintenance/regular doses but especially "recreationally."

First off Xanax is not an opioid (not trying to be snarky at all)-- it's a benzo. Benzos are dangerous (in behavior) with low tolerance. You can black out at the wrong time and get mugged, or say horrible things to people and have no recollection of ANY of it.

With low tolerance .5 milligrams will relieve anxiety, and 1 will be recreational while 2+ milligrams will make you black the hell out. Some tips: Don't be in situations where you have to be functional before using them. Also, sometimes on Xanax you feel sober but you're slurring your speech and acting like a retard. It's scary to me lol. Don't drive on them and be careful! Low tolerance makes Xanax hit like a brick. I recommend not drinking on it or taking opioids like oxycodone or Percocet. Benzos/any other downer can be fatal.

I stopped taking Xanax once in a blue moon because I would always behave horribly and not remember whatever I did last night. I've slept passed alarms, done things I'd never do sober, and cause too many problems for myself without a drop of a memory. Some people find it euphoric to be stress/anxiety free though. It does an amazing job of that. Some people have drugs they absolutely never should take--and Xanax is that drug for me lol. I prefer klonopin.

brilliant thank you so much for that
can you have Kratom with them?

I think 0.5mg is a much better starting dose to try than 1mg. Actually, with no benzo tolerance at all, even 0.25mg should be at least noticeable if not actually intoxicating, and this goes double if being taken in conjunction with any opiates (which isn't entirely clear from the post), even maintenance/regular doses but especially "recreationally."

I have tolerance for diazepam
I take 10mg every two or three days with some Kratom for a treat
Not sure if that helps
Thanks so much for the reply

Thank you for all the kind replies guys, always reliable and happy to help
Very much appreciated

If you take 1mg, you will fall asleep. Start with 0.5, if you don't feel anything after 1h take another .5

Your body also plays a big role ( weight/height ). If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Zanax, is like 100 proof booze in a pill!! Be careful!! I have been to too many funerals of young people who let it get away from them and just died in an arm chair, to be found in the morning Cold and Blue:cry:
Start slow .25/.5 then add an hour latter
No alcohol
No opiates
No driving
Be very careful of social events as you learn how you are effected? ( many social events have lots of booze and other drugs!??)
As an alcoholic and many freinds who are the same, we thought this was the answer to all our problems, { Not as Messy as Booze??? NOT !!}

Zanax, is like 100 proof booze in a pill!! Be careful!! I have been to too many funerals of young people who let it get away from them and just died in an arm chair, to be found in the morning Cold and Blue:cry:
Start slow .25/.5 then add an hour latter
No alcohol
No opiates
No driving
Be very careful of social events as you learn how you are effected? ( many social events have lots of booze and other drugs!??)
As an alcoholic and many freinds who are the same, we thought this was the answer to all our problems, { Not as Messy as Booze??? NOT !!}

I have a Kratom tolerance, if I don’t have Kratom I feel shit, do you suggest not taking Kratom too?
ive been warned away from spice, this is starting to sound about the same, I’ll just take a quarter at first, thanks again

If you take 1mg, you will fall asleep. Start with 0.5, if you don't feel anything after 1h take another .5

Your body also plays a big role ( weight/height ). If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

I’m a boxer so I’m bang on 200lb 14st 4lb and I’m 6ft